British Summer Time

Discussion in 'Plumbers' Talk' started by Glad its Friday, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Glad its Friday

Glad its Friday Active Member

Is it just me?
    Four calls today with customers who have either lost their instruction books and cannot reset their timers, or cannot work out how to do it, or just cannot be bothered!
    Some controllers have got quite complicated these days so it can be difficult for the elderly maybe. The old 'clockwork' ones were dead easy to adjust and programme. Progress?

Dave does Gas likes this.
  2. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

Or use BST timers that automatically adjust, 3rd week in March, 3rd week in Oct, like I fit on all door entry systems, not hard tbph.

3. Dave does Gas

Dave does Gas Screwfix Select

I have a regular old Lady I have to re-set for her programmer every clock change. Its only a Drayton LP522 so two minuite job, She insists I have a cup of tea every visit and insists I take a tenner each time.

Your right about some of them being difficult to figure out and half the time they have lost the instruction manuals. Yes the old time switches were certainly much easier and probably more reliable.

4. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

Just following on from the previous post, surely a programmer etc for CH, and the like, could be manufactured to include a BST adjust for the UK market?.

5. I have a Heatmiser prog 'stat.

I need to consult the bludy instructions every time... :oops:

Welshdragon1 and Rulland like this.
  6. Dave does Gas

Dave does Gas Screwfix Select

To be fair most of the modern ones do just that, particularly the wireless programable room stats. But there are enough models out there without this facility which in this day and age is a crime.

Welshdragon1 likes this.