Stack Dado

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Adbuild, Jan 17, 2005.

1. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

GB, Ry is an idiot and a wind up merchant, just ignore him.

2. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

I know he is. Bit like the SAS fantasists one thinks.

"I was in Crimea, at the Boer War, at Hitlers bunker etc etc"

3. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Take a look at the video again. Theres no saw blade fitted.

4. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Huge? On a felder?
    Absolute nonsense. Might pose a risk as I've already said if the piece was being parted off.
    But in the video you can clearly see that the piece is being grooved. Not sawn.

5. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

What do you mean by that statement?

6. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Well its hardly basic for you since you think all professionals use them.

7. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

How is that achieved on the majority of table saws that are sold to the diy mass market?
    Saws like these..
    http://toolstoday.co.uk/187679?gclid=CLGng7nPzsYCFeHLtAodZwcAcA

OOh of course its not achieved and potential dangerous saws are allowed to be sold to the silly diyer brigade.

8. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Americans don't use guards. The land of freedom where the clip board box tickers are held in check.

9. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Firstly you clown that saw hasn't even got a cross cut fence on a sliding carriage fitted, it just has a silly little mitre gauge, but it does seem to be an option. If you had the sliding carriage fitted then you would use the t-slot on the rip fence to attach a shop made subfence. Pretty standard stuff.

10. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

I mean boasting about what work you do, or did is a foolish game. There will always be someone else who will blow you away with the work they have done. Sorry I must go the Sultan of Brunei is ringing my mobile.

11. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

And of course the weekend warrior will immediately fit the sub fence after unpacking and building his new saw machine. [​IMG]

12. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Saw machine? A subfence is just a piece of ply or MDF with two holes in. Hardly a coopered barrel

13. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

When I worked on the council we had a dado cutter which fitted our radial arm saw. Tried it one day, just to see how it worked. If you tried to take anything more than a few mill depth, the blade tried to literally pull it's way through the workpiece. No wonder the HSE banned them.

14. joinerjohn1

Sadly the steam powered vibrator was a huge failure as a marital aid. Ann Summers CEO said, "The time taken to light the boiler and stoke it , sort of dampened the ardour of many a man and his partner." :p:p:p:p:p:p:p

CGN likes this.
  15. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

You'll see plenty of saw machines here...

Without guards, with guards, dado stacks, full length rip fences etc etc...
    This guy would leave you sitting.

The centre piece of that guys machine shop?
    Well.. its obviously himself isn't it?

16. joinerjohn1

And guess what Ryluer,,, you've only gone and put up an American video. Guess which country stack dado's are banned in? (give you a clue,, it's not America) Now be a n9ice chap and go find a video with stacked dados and saws without guards, made in this country.

17. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

That guy has an incredible productivity rate.
    And he's still got all his fingers. That's because he is a professional.

Though since that video was made he has upgraded his workshop with a lot more European equipment.

18. joinerjohn1

Still wasn't filmed in the UK,, was it ?

19. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

It was filmed in the land of freedom. The land of the clip board slayers.
    No doubt goldenboy will diss his efforts and workmanship.

20. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Type "552 China Road, Winslow " into google maps and it will take you too freedom.