opinions

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Gatt, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

2. Hey, I'm the most easy-going person on here... :rolleyes:

Am I like this in 'real life'? No, I don't spend every day having a good ol' 'discussion' with people, but only because people don't start these types of discussions in front of me in the first place. As soon as they do, it's open season. And religious belief is a kinda favourite of mine :rolleyes:.

I despise ignorant, bigoted people who try and pretend they still have a valid argument. So if a bigoted twit raises their ugly head in 'real life' like a couple do on here, then I'll happily take them on. Otherwise I'm as polite as a polite thing :). Honest.

Some people need answering, that's all. When it comes to Probes and Ry, they have shown their mettle on this forum on a number of occasions, both in their beliefs and in the level of their 'arguments'. Soz - they merit no respect in either.

They don't employ their critical faculties. They just blindly blunder on and on. Ry, for instance, believes that if a person at the end of a phone sticks a thorn in his eyelid whilst you stare into a thorn bush, it'll cure your sty. Just like that - and won't consider alternative explanations.

That's the issue. Believing the 'sty' thing is chust simple ignorance. But blindly refusing to accept an alternative explanation takes you to a whole new level of dishonesty. Zero respec' for that, I'm afraid.

I have no concerns whatsoever at having a go at the likes of them. It's what they deserve for opening their cyber-mouths.

Gatt likes this.
  3. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

You're a religious zealot in other words.

4. miss pickle

miss pickle Well-Known Member

Buddhism I think is one of the nicer religions :oops: not that I know too much about it. Sounds quite nice though :)
    I'm atheist :( only thing I tend to trust in is myself! And phil of course ;)

5. Sigh, as I said - truly ignorant :rolleyes:.

6. Yourself and Phil are two very good things to trust in :)

Yes, there are some 'nice' religions, and some seriously unpleasant ones - Catholicism and Islam for two. (Because they both make ridiculous demands on its followers, to make sure that "Once a Catholic/Muslim, always a C/M". You are hooked, and will almost (often actually will) destroy yourself and/or your family if you happen to come to your senses and try and rescind.

And they are intolerant of alternatives, with - er - one beating the other quite comprehensively in that game... (Apostasy, anyone?)

But all beliefs have one thing in common - it's a lie. And in most respects a pernicious lie. A very carefully thought out, and very deliberate lie.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2015
  7. miss pickle

smiley-signs047.gif

8. miss pickle

Not you phil :D the man made of rock!!!!

9. miss pickle

Why's that? o_O

10. parahandy

parahandy Screwfix Select

"Opinions are like Daniel O'donnell CD's. No fekr wants to hear them." - Anonymous philosopher

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  11. Surely it's good to be able to trust in yourself?

And Phil - although he threatens to cross over to the dark side on occasion :rolleyes: - is a good bloke.

Anyways, don't you start trying to get heavy on me with questions like "Why's that..." :oops:

12. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

That's a lie.

13. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I think the video is back up and who is Monica?

14. Give a guy enough rope.

Critical faculties removed at birth. Let's hope his g'nads were too...

15. proby

proby Active Member

Glad to see you back after your nap[​IMG]
    It's frightening really how many teachers I've know over the years including family members who are like you. They always seem to think they are superior and know best and discount anything they don't agree with as beneath them.
    The age old saying usually sums them up w-ankers :D

16. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

Just to lob another grenade into this discussion....I'm not racsist and in sunny Weybiza, we have no problem as all communites integrate very well. For many years ,I lived in Aylesbury, where there was a large Italian community, mainly ex PoWs, who liked our country and stayed. There was no problem whatsoever. Now, I see in the news ,that a gang of Asian men have been convicted of sexually abusing under age white girls and I believe that the same thing happened in Oxford. Surely people of whatever race or religion should abide with our standards.

17. miss pickle

Monica! You know! Ahh I might get told off tomorrow smiley-shocked002.gif
    Feeling a bit tired now. Must dash :D
    Night all :)

18. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Does Monica own a caravan and a large pile of scrap ali?

19. Yes, of course, absolutely.

And very likely that their religious beliefs helped promote their contempt for not just women in general, but white non-believers in particular.

Yep - repulsive on all counts.

And, yes, political correctness helped allow this to carry on in many cases.

Again, repulsive on all counts.

20. Oh gawd - he keeps going...

"It's frightening really how many teachers... blah blah blah."

Probes, babe - name another one. Chust one.

I thought so. Invention. Your level of argument.

(Oh, do try and bear in mind that teachers in general do tend to be a little bit brighter than the average twit. So, in an intellectual sense, we are superior. So I'm guessing - on the balance of probabilities - that our arguments are a tad better too. Add the simple fact that it's a vocation for many of us, a true desire to better the lives of others, then - guess what - the chances are really high that your teacher 'friends' and family are right and you are a bona-fide twit.)