Cures and Charms

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Ryluer, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Thanks mate much appreciated.
    At least you're not as foolish as advocate offering some daft explanation as to why the 4 animals didn't prove to be reactors and then destroyed.

2. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

No. I know it can work. It's psychological. I rang a cow up and said it was all in the head.
    She's been fine since.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

3. That's sad news, indeed, Ry.

But, look on the bright side - no more bovine tuberculosis ever.

It's been eradicated - for the price of a phone call.

Lots of well happy badgers.

4. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Well I hope he listens to his cousin. I'm pretty sure he will as this guy is no soft touch.
    I'll let you know when the next batch goes and if he tried the cure or not.

5. I'll be genuinely interested Ry.

Tell you what, tho' - if that were me, and I had cows suffering from the hellish tuberc, and I KNEW that this cure worked, then it wouldn't take me long to prove it to the wider scientific community beyond doubt.

And, when I did prove it, I'd be hailed as a bludy hero.

Brian May would love me too, and would offer to teach me to play t'guitar.

See, that's one of the things I chust don't get about this supernatural malarkey - lots of claims, no sodding proof whatsoever, and - when challenged over this - its adherents typically make claims that it's being suppressed by summat, the pharmaceutical industry, or the t'Minister for Agri & Food, or some other organisation who, for some really weird reason, are trying to keep this fantastic knowledge secret from everyone.

I mean, why?!

Belief systems seem to go hand in hand with conspiracy theories.

6. miss pickle

miss pickle Well-Known Member

Take note Ry ;)

images-195.jpeg

7. That's the nub of it, Miss P.

8. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Yes of course you would. And your real agenda would then become transparent. Making vast profit and wealth. Not saving livestock from the "hellish tuberc".

A person who performs a cure does it for free. They ask for nothing in return.
    A pharmaceutical company is in business for one thing. Greed and wealth.
    Big difference.

So no, something that works and is free should never be pushed to the masses because it will be hijacked by greed and selfishness.
    Which would render it useless.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  9. Ry, I am actually a very decent bloke.

No, honestly, I am.

And I hereby swear on my 2 dawg's lives that if I believed for a nano-second that this was a real cure for BT, I would make the powers that be believe it too, forcing the evidence down their throats if need be for the benefit of cows and badgers. And I would not accept a single brass farthing for doing this.

Wait a minute - that post of yours is completely disingenuous :mad:. I said in my post above that I would reveal to all this secret - nowhere did I suggest there was anything in it for me personally.

Except adulation (although I get enough of that on here...) and some guitar lessons...

10. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

As an atheist who pours scorn upon the very idea of cures and charms you will never be in a position to reveal secrets that are gifted to only a select few.
    A few hundred years ago these gifted people were being dunked in lakes and burned at the stake.

11. parahandy

parahandy Screwfix Select

I suppose pikey magic is as real as anyone else's.

I prefer the magic of Jack Daniels personally.

12. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Yeah. His brother Paul is useless.

13. parahandy

parahandy Screwfix Select

14. miss pickle

:D Very good. 10/10

15. miss pickle

Even I worry you about Ry. You can't possibly be serious! I don't believe for a second you are :D but then again my belief system is pretty non existant :confused: so maybe you really are as deluded as dev thinks you are.
    Are you really away with the fairies :eek:

16. plumber-boy

plumber-boy Well-Known Member

He's an idiot.;)

17. miss pickle

Pb :D hello. Did I do OK tonight o_O I did try :)

18. plumber-boy

19. miss pickle

:D:D:D You have made me a happy woman x

20. plumber-boy