Wood for shelving

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Fergus, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Fergus

Fergus New Member

Oh shush, you know what I meant. :)

2. miss pickle

miss pickle Well-Known Member

Yeah. What he said. But don't allow animals to chew on it :rolleyes: keep all birds and cats off it. If possible :oops:

3. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Fairly sure goldenballs doesn't drive a black hatchback.

4. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

Chippie, I wrote my car off on the A35. Hit a bloody great stag. One minute nothing,then the windscreen is full of fur & the cockpit is full of smoke. It's the smell I remember. No,the airbag,I didn't **** myself. LOL :D

5. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

6. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

When my daughter had a bad crash, the air bag burnt her quite badly on both arms and face, but it probably saved a lot more damage.

7. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

Handy, If you have nothing constructive or funny to say then shut the **** up & go to bed. :(

8. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Stag? oh deer. Not funny?

9. miss pickle

Why do you pair always snipe at each other :( I love you both. I wish you could get along.

I have missed you malkie. Was searching you out today :) making sure you were still here :oops: I'm like a sheepdog.

10. miss pickle

Anyrode (as tom used to say) gawd I miss tomps.

I'm gonna listen to Phil's "don't you cry" and hopefully get some sleep.

11. miss pickle

We've had this conversation. Remember? Its the luck of the draw. She got lucky! Some don't.
    Just be grateful for airbags.
    When you are on your bikes and we are on our horses there is no such thing.

12. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

I wouldn't have pressure treated timber in my kitchen at all. Tanalith isn't nice stuff.

13. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

It certainly wasn't me involved in the accident. I have just been out and checked the front of my Maybach and its still pristine.

14. Blimey, Chips, that sounds like a genuinely close call :eek:

Any damage? We need full details - cuts, bruises, lacerations and photos... :rolleyes:

Ry, is funny, folks, just not intentionally. Regardless of how many LOLs he uses in his own posts. He's harmless. Completely, 100% harmless. (Unless any of his 'friends' take him up on his 'cures' rather than seeking genuine help...:oops: )

Fergie, I simply meant a raised lip set near the front/top. If yer wife's plates are leaning back agin' the wall, chust something to stop them slipping forwards - and offski. Hopefully it won't be seen if the shelves are high enough. I guess you could even route a channel along the shelf's length as an option. Or else chust don't do anything and take the chance :).

I suspect - unless you find quality timber at a good price - you'll have to try the reclaimed timber route. Keep an eye out on ebay. Visit local scaffold co's and see if there's any boards coming to the ends of their lives. They can't cost the company much, so they'd probably release a few 'near-dodgy' ones for next to now't.

Then research how to clean them up. Chemicals? Jet-washing? Wire brushing?