WERA bit holder: RAPIDAPTOR vs UNIVERSAL WITH QUICK-CHUCK RELEASE

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by Ooskaaar, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Ooskaaar

Ooskaaar New Member

Have you used these bit holders?
    I've got always the same problem: falling out of bits, so I have to have something really good quality. I had dewalt bit holder earlier, but it broke down after 1,5 month.

I saw some video of this bit holders, but I want to know the opinion of users

2. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

Never had a problem with mine. o_O

3. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

Mine fell to pieces. Are you using it in an impact ooskaar

4. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Woss wrong with a bog-standard magnetic bit-holder? Decent one with good magnet.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

5. malkie129

I use my Rapidaptor in my Impact driver,using bi-torsion bits. never had a problem. Mine is a few years old now, so maybe quality has dropped,but I can only speak as I find. :)

6. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I just use a mag bit holder from Axminster and dirt cheap bits from toolstation, about £7.00 for a hundred I think, in my impact driver and they last as long as anything else ever did.

7. goldenboy

goldenboy Super Member

I just funnily enough saw today that the Rapidapator isn't impact rated.

I use a Yankee mainly.;)

Really I just use a magnetic bit. Milwaukee were handing them out at Toolfair in Coventry on Friday.

8. Ooskaaar

Ooskaaar New Member

I'm using Just in an screwdriver.
    As I know, there're special bit holders called "Impactor" from WERA

The bit holder from this box (DeWalt 25mm Screwdriver Bit Set 32Pcs) just ceased to hold the bits

If your bit holder is still in using, especially in an impact, it's really good quality and it's gonna be good idea to buy it

Chippie, golden;;
    I'm not really convinced to magnetic bit holders, cause I've got a lot of situation when my screw is blocking the bit when I want to pull out the screwdriver (after screwing the screw)

9. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Slight turn anticlockwise before withdrawing usually does the trick.

10. Ooskaaar

Ooskaaar New Member

I didn't know that, but it'll take me to much time I'm afraid and this is the reason why I wanna buy a good quality bit holder

11. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

It's a fraction of a second per screw o_O

12. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

13. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

:eek:

14. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I wasn't talking about you :p:p

CGN likes this.
  15. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Bit should not fit tight in the screw. Get a better quality bit.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

16. malkie129

No...get better quality screws. Our host's screws are not "compatible" with Pozidrive. Basically,they're a sh..te fit. :mad:

17. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

i use the Wera Impaktor sets. Never had problems with the bits falling out and it has a sleeve that slides forward when using in awkward place. Earlier on in the year I put in over 1,200 100mm screws, no pilot hole just put them straight in with an impact driver one bit did the whole lot.

BTW I tend to use Reisser screws as I find they don't shear as much as other brands

18. malkie129

Yeah. I like Reisser screws too. Much better than SF turbo golds. ;)

19. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

If I'm paying for it it's turbo golds, if someone else is paying it's Reisser, apart from 3/4" 8's and 1 1/4" 10's where the metric version isn't quite right and I use silver twinfast.

20. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

There is a website where I buy my Reisser screws in Tubs and they work out 75% cheaper than T.Gold need a "big toolbox" :)