Labourer cscs card?

Discussion in 'Job Talk' started by Dale1995, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Dale1995

Dale1995 New Member

Hi lads,
    Just wondering if anybody could help me out how to get the labourer cscs card
    I was told If I pass the citb health, safety and environment test I could send off for the
    Card I have passed the test and now it seems I need a qualification I was speaking to
    A mate and he said he didn't need one when he sent of for he's the other month?
    Could somebody give me a bit of info please?
    I completed a apprenticeship in railway engineering last year level 2 would I be able to use this?
    Cheers Dale

2. Dale1995 likes this.
  3. Dale1995

Dale1995 New Member

T
    Thanks a lot for that mate,
    I'm not actually working at the minute trying to get my card to get some
    Work. I will have a look in to getting the qualification now
    Thanks for your help

4. ThatDudeNick

ThatDudeNick Member

You don't need a qualification. They ask for it purely to put your credentials on it. They check through the college or training body and have it verified but anyone can obtain a cscs card there are even cards for visitors on site although I've never seen them being used in person but know they exist.

Your railway engineering may be used for the cscs card as technically it is a "site" of some sort. I know the railway does it own thing though separate from the conventional construction site of things in some respects so not sure!

Just send it off. If in doubt ring the no. On your letter. You definitely don't need a qualification of any sort for one so don't worry.

Dale1995 likes this.
  5. Tiny01

Tiny01 Member

I'd try if you can & use your NVQ level 2 qualification whilst applying for a card that way you may well be entitled to a skilled workers card rather than a labourers card , I've heard rumours that the big boys main contractor groups are trying to getting everyone on a skilled workers card

Just another money making scam dreamt up out of nothing if you ask me but guess that we all have to obey !

Dale1995 likes this.
  6. Dale1995

Dale1995 New Member

Thanks for the reply mate i will just give them a ring tomorrow and
    See what they say about it as I could do with being in a new job
    By Christmas.
    I have all my certificates from the apprenticeship so if they can
    Use them I will just send them in

7. Dale1995

Dale1995 New Member

I didn't even think of that pal just been seeing a lot of work about
    Labouring and trying to get in as soon as possible.
    I will have a look at the skilled worker card tomorrow before I phone
    Them up or I could even just ask them see what they say.
    Thanks mate

8. Dale1995

Dale1995 New Member

I have just had a quick look and by the sound of it seem like I should be able to
    Get the skilled worker card all it says is I have to have A NVQ level 2
    Which I Do have ( thanks for pointing that out Tiny01 ) hopefully I can get it sent
    Off tomorrow.
    Use have been a massive help lads thanks for that

Attached Files:

ThatDudeNick and Tiny01 like this.
  9. Dale1995

Dale1995 New Member

So I Have just phoned them up to order the card the guy said I could
    Get a skilled worker card with my NVQ but he said if I'm not going to be working on the railway then I will not be able to use it as it will say Railway maintenance on the back and will not be able to use it on a construction site ( if I haven't already said I'm looking to start working on a construction site as railway just tell you aload of **** and rarely give out work ).
    Anyway so I said can I go with the green labourer card and then he said The new requirements say I need to get a qualification ( level 1 award in health and safety in a construction environment ) don't suppose anybody knows we're I can do this I have googled it and it's just coming up a load of ****?

10. Simonmcp

Simonmcp New Member

Dale1995 likes this.
  11. Dale1995

Dale1995 New Member

Hi Simon thanks for the reply mate,
    I have been looking around the Internet and cannot find anywhere that do these courses I live in Manchester, Ancoats. I don't mind paying for the course just need to get back into work.
    Would I be able to do a online examination?

12. Simonmcp

Simonmcp New Member

Dale1995 likes this.
  13. ThatDudeNick

ThatDudeNick Member

Well that has completely surpised me!

Dale1995 likes this.
  14. Tilt

Tilt Screwfix Select

^^^^ I hope he's found some work by now buddy......... he's had five and a half years to find some, Lol.