Click and Collect does not work at Crawley

Discussion in 'Screwfix Trade Counters' started by nrj101, Dec 8, 2014.

1. nrj101

nrj101 New Member

Just used Screwfix brilliant Click and Collect Service selection Crawley Branch, went in after being advise by email that my goods were ready and go direct to the collection point, only to be advised by the staff that I needed to join the order queue to request my goods! It then took 3 goes at Customer Services to get this sorted. Come on Screwfix sort yourselves out and make Click and Collect work for us all, its much easier or should be! Training required!

2. Graham Slater

Graham Slater New Member

Not just limited to Crawley. Always used the click and collect to save time (for over 3 years) and never had a problem until last Sunday when I placed the order, got the email and then went to Seacroft, Leeds store to collect. Usually go straight to the collection point as advertised on the website but on this occasion was asked to go to back of queue of about 10 people who were mainly amateur DIY'ers each taking forever to get their purchase sorted. Complained in store that is not what is advertised but informed to wait in line. Walked out, cancelled order with support centre and bought same products elsewhere. Is this a new policy ?

3. screwfix.peter

screwfix.peter Administrator Staff Member

Hi @Graham Slater

Welcome to the Screwfix Community, I hope you find this a helpful place in which you find helpful advise and share your own knowledge with fellow members.

I am sorry to learn of your disappointment at our Leeds - Seacroft store. There has been a slight change in procedure and we are now asking customers to present themselves at the payment desk when collecting an order so we know who is waiting for a order.

It appears on this occasion it was a busy time of the day and there were other customers being served before you in this queue. Thank you for your feedback which I have passed to our Stores team for their perusal.

Peter

4. Graham Slater

Graham Slater New Member

Hello Peter,
    Does this mean the website information at http://www.screwfix.com/jsp/help/click.jsp?cm_sp=Homepage-_-FUDs-_-Clickpaycollect Step 3 is no longer valid and so will be changed to reflect the new procedure?
    Graham

5. screwfix.peter

Hi

Yes, new wording and signage is being rolled out to reflect this

Peter

6. CraigMcK

CraigMcK Screwfix Select

Hi Peter
    If you don't mind me saying. I think SF have lost the plot on that one! The entire point of Click & Collect systems is so you don't need to stand in a queue. If you have issues knowing who is waiting, fix that, don't go backwards

7. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

I've generally found that there are often errors in the picking - the only way to be 100% certain is to check your own order before you leave. Luton seems to make the most mistakes, Leighton Buzzard are very good at picking though not used them as much as Luton.

Otherwise it works well.

8. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

I have to say in find my local store in Llanelli absolutely spot on for click and collect. I can place an order on line and before I can get to the store it is picked and ready for me. I used to get a lot of stuff delivered, now because the service is so good I just go and collect.

9. BarryH

BarryH Member

Just tried the Chesterfield store for Click and Collect again, still not working. I have tried a few times over the last couple of months and the system always seems to get into some kind of a never ending loop.

I would have though that a company the size of Screwfix could have sorted out the problem of Click and Collect ordering long before now.

10. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Use C&C at Chippenham,Bristol (numerous branches) & Bath all perfect & never had any problems.:)

11. darren jackson

darren jackson Active Member

where did screwfix peter go to,
    think you scared him lol

12. BarryH

BarryH Member

Just placed my Click & Collect order through the Screwfix Helpline. When I mentioned the "loop" problem, the guy on the other end said they were aware of it and a couple of IT people where trying to sort it out.

For me this has been going on every time I've tried to place an order for the last month or so

13. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

He's in the queue, that's him at the back! o_O:D

14. darren jackson

darren jackson Active Member

15. Alan Fewtrell

Alan Fewtrell New Member

Had the same problem at Minworth store this week, went to collection point (as my e-mail told me to) to pick up order, told to wait in order queue. This is nearly 12 months from the original post and it's still a shamble! What is the point of click and collect if you have to wait in the order queue. Interestingly the staff member told me how she'd saved me from 'a lynching' for jumping the queue. I told her I'd done exactly what the Screwfix e-mail had told me to. She told me I was confused and that all tills are collection points??? Get the right signage then!

16. screwfix.peter

Hi @Alan Fewtrell

Welcome to the Screwfix Community Forum.

I am sorry to read of your disappointing experience when collecting your order. I have passed your comments to our Stores Team. I can assure you that problems like this are a rare with thousands of orders being collected in our 479 stores without any problems., however we are always looking at ways to improve our service.

Regards

Peter

17. Alan Fewtrell

Alan Fewtrell New Member

Peter
    You must have misunderstood my point as these are not a rare occurrence, it is the Screwfix policy that is in question. If it is your policy that every till point is a collection point then please make that clear in store. And stop send e-mails to everyone telling them to proceed to the collection point if that is not the procedure.
    Is there someone at Screwfix who can respond (to me by e-mail) or on this thread and give a clear statement as to what your collection policy is? You've always used, to my knowledge, a policy similar to Argos for collection, but now this seems you have changed without any clear statement to your customers.

18. screwfix.peter

Hi @Alan Fewtrell

When I was saying it's rare to have problems I was referring to the whole process in all our stores and the thousands of orders collected without any incident or delay.

If you wish us to investigate this incident further please email our customer service team at online@screwfix.com with full details of your visit including your order number

Peter

19. Alan Fewtrell

Alan Fewtrell New Member

All I'm asking is what is your collection policy?

20. screwfix.peter