Is it Friday yet?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Coloumb, Jun 18, 2015.

?

Is it Friday yet?

1. Yes

35.3%
  2. No

23.5%
  3. Not sure

41.2%
  1. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

I just can't stand this at all :(:mad:o_O:eek:

2. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

Bleak mid winter

3. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

4. MR DIAZ

MR DIAZ Active Member

It's Friday, sunny & really warm.

5. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

Make the most of it folks....

6. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Snow!:eek::)

By end of the month.

7. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

Back where we started.

8. Harry Stottle

Harry Stottle Screwfix Select

I started another book after the last one got burned on Guy Fawkes night and having looked carefully through it I can say with certainty that it's not Friday yet but it will be later this week, hope that helps.
    By the way, I reckon Thursdays are good days for getting ready for Fridays, they usually occur just before but it's advisable to check first.

9. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

Thanks for the update Harry. I think I understand the "is it Friday yet" concept with a new clarity now

10. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

Stroll on friday

11. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

12. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

5 long boring grinding days of pure hell.

13. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

Last week this thread stayed top of the forum Monday till Thursday. Lets see if it makes it to Friday this time...:rolleyes:

14. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Coloumb new company uniform.

FB_IMG_1453873559916.jpg

Coloumb likes this.
  15. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

Blinked and missed it.

16. Harry Stottle

I too have found that time passes more quickly on Saturdays and Sundays than on other days and I can explain it by the theory of unequal days. That is, any day that's super is shorter than any that is awful, and proportionately in between. Therefore Fridays, that are quite nice, because they are the last days before the weekends and therefore moderately enjoyable, pass fairly quickly. Some may disagree because they don't have weekends off but the theory still applies depending on one's work cycle.

Coloumb likes this.
  17. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

I like that Harry. Nice one.

18. Harry Stottle

I'm pleased you like it and understand the logic. Some of your learned responses lead me to believe that you're of a scientific persuasion, also your name, although spelt slightly differently, indicates that you may be related to the great physicist Charles Augustin de Coulomb, famous for his law relating the electrostatic forces acting between electrically charged particles, the charges and the distances apart.

Coloumb likes this.
  19. Coloumb

Coloumb Screwfix Select

Yes Harry I do like a bit of science. Is suppose that's what I like about sparking, it's much more scientific than just banging in a bit of 2 by 4 or soldering up a bit of 22 mil. You don't really need much science applied to do that kind of thing. And yes, my name is based on a slight alteration of my all time hero's name, so well done you for spotting it :)

20. Harry Stottle

I'm glad you like science, the majority of people these days seem more interested in arty farty stuff. I always watch University Challenge in the hope that some scientific questions will come up, they do occasionally but not very often, it's usually historical, art or literature.
    I studied Mechanical Engineering under Professor Sir John Horlock, a world famous expert on mathematical applications for gas flow in turbines etc. He later founded the Whittle Laboratory, therefore he is one of my great heroes. Another is Milutin Milankovic, a Serbian geophysicist who defined mathematically the cyclical variations of the orbits of the Earth around the Sun.
    The concept of Milankovic cycles explains the phenomenon of climate change and how it co-incides exactly with orbital changes. The Earth's climate changes all the time and there's nothing we can do about it, no matter how many wind machines we build and how much money we waste on so called renewables.

Coloumb likes this.