Should the UK remain as a member of the EU?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by nffc, Feb 21, 2016.

?

Should the UK remain as a member of the EU?

1. Yes

34 vote(s)
    28.1%
  2. No

83 vote(s)
    68.6%
  3. I don't know

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  4. I don't vote

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  1. nffc

nffc Active Member

So David Cameron has made the 'reforms'. How would you now vote?

2. malkie129

malkie129 Screwfix Select

Of course we should remain in the EU. As I have commented in a previous post,anyone that has worked in an EU country will appreciate this. No need for complicated paperwork or customs carnets for tools & equipment....Just chuck it in the van/car and driveto the site,where ever. :):)

3. Big Adam

Big Adam New Member

Oh God yes but now Boris has gone no, he's given the Farage chronies some form of middle-class credibility.
    We're all doomed.

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  4. Tiny01

Tiny01 Member

Out for me :)

ericp likes this.
  5. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

Out for me. £12 billion a year better off for starters.

James Eastwood, ericp and leoibb like this.
  6. gadget man

gadget man Screwfix Select

Blimey, how much do you earn now?

7. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

:p

8. That maybe, but the paperwork HERE is complicated because of the EU!

9. malkie129

LOL :D

10. malkie129

Have you ever tried shipping equipment to a country outside of the EU? Probably not. :rolleyes:

11. This almost makes me weep.

The ignorance.

Wry's brain plucks a $igure out of the air, and that's as far as his 'thinking' goes. We'll supposedly be £12bn better off, so that's that, then.

Oh to live such a simplistic life...

Gentlemen, Ladies, Chips, think for kryst's sakes. We are alive at this moment in time, in the middle of the most civilised history. But we are but fleeting - we'll soon be gorn, and others will take our place. But, my gawd, are we capable of putting a stupid large footnote in the history books...

What we do now with this simple, knee-jerk, decision could - will - change future history, and not for the good.

The world is fluff at the moment. It's nuts. Mainly because of religious loonies. But all threatened by other extremists due to the recent world financial crisis. When t'carp hits t'fan, people verge wildly to extreme views.

I mean, Trump in the US. How on earth can such a sociopath been given the time of day, let alone be a contender for the most powerful man in the world. And on the other side is Putin - he's even gorn one step further - the guy's a psycho. He kills people who disagree with him. Even citizens of the UK. And he's a member of the UN for gawd's sakes!

So, what will the UK do at this treacherous time? Why, let's leave our closest partners in the EU, why don't we?

If we do, folks, Scotland will then file for independence again - and will most likely succeed this time.

So what do we have now? Yes, the end of the UK. The end of Britain.

Think that through, people - for our children, and our children's children, there will be NO MORE GREAT BRITAIN.

Gorn.

Forever.

That's it.

The greatest country in the world. (Oh yes it is.)

The guiding light of reason for most of the world. (Oh yes it is.)

A pillar of democracy - an example to the whole world (Yep - ditto).

An icon. A major contender. One of the loudest and most respected voices. (Yep...)

These poor sods in the middle east, those normal folk who just want a normal life - peace, democracy & education - where do they look for the best example for this?

Yep - blighty.

That will be no more, folks. No more 'great' and no more 'Britain'.

And morons like Wry think only about a false monetary saving. Jesus Christ.

Peeps, if we do this, if we 'leave', we will - rightly - be despised by the rest of the EU and the wider world (apart from the likes of Russia, Isis et all who will be wetting themselves at the opportunities it'll present.)

DON'T expect any favours from the EU from then on. Many countries will now be having to tackle the similar mindset in their own countries - all the wee mad factions who think they deserve their 'independence'. I wouldn't be surprised if even the Cornishfolk start chanting again...

Our closest allies, our closest human beings, our like-minded folks, our friends abroad - they will all despise us.

Even the US has made it clear they won't be offering us the same trade terms as they do the rest of the EU - we can beg for it, folks.

And rightly so.

How on earth can people be so short-sighted? How can you listen to the likes of Boris and Farage without smelling a big, stupid, self-serving rat?

Oh my gawd... :(

chippie244, Dr.P, JOMEL and 4 others like this.
  12. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

No, but I buy quite a lot of motorcycle parts from the US, they incur an import duty, that duty is set by the EU, in a bib to dissuade us from not buying inside the EU.

If we out then we can set the duty, if any, from counties outside the EU.

13. Cool, Phil.

Yes, I guess we can set our own rates of import duty.

And why - pray - do you think it'll be less that wot we currently have?

Because, lawd help us, we are gonna have to find a shed load of cash to counter the losses in trade we will almost certainly suffer.

Keep thinking about this - all the closest people we currently trade with will hate our guts.

PaulBlackpool likes this.
  14. Phil the Paver

Forgetting most of the drivel written above.

When was Britain last GREAT, that moniker has long gone, thanks to the EU and its open door policy on mass immigration. Sad but true.

As i said in an earlier post, if Germany were to hold a referendum, it would almost certainly vote out.

Mike101 and diy_dave like this.
  15. Phil the Paver

Why, they need us more than we need them, always have done as ways will, why do you think they don't want us to leave, they sure as hell don't like us.

16. Phil the Paver

Do you think high class peeps in this country, like Boris are stupid, (dont answer that), they are far more in the know than the average Joe in the street is and yet they still say OUT. WHY????

17. Sad but bar locks.

You whining, cynical, twit.

What an ambassador for this country you are :rolleyes:

18. You just keep praying that they need us more than we need them.

What a concise, well thought out argument.

19. I'm happy for you to have Boris on your side :rolleyes:.

He certainly ain't stupid at all. But he is a self-serving, manipulative, two-faced *** - who also happens to be very wealthy. A bit like Farage for that matter.

They'll be ok regardless.

These two are well right of Ghengis Khan - that's who you set your political stall out for?

Vincent G Veal likes this.
  20. Phil the Paver

Well if your attitude is an example of the YES brigade than we are in real trouble, its not a my way or the highway , its a democratic vote, where all opinion count.