Should the UK remain as a member of the EU?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by nffc, Feb 21, 2016.

?

Should the UK remain as a member of the EU?

1. Yes

34 vote(s)
    28.1%
  2. No

83 vote(s)
    68.6%
  3. I don't know

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  4. I don't vote

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  1. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

DA, you seriously think the UK is respected throughout Europe ?? I doubt very much whether Merkel, Junkers and their cronies have ever had much respect for this sceptred isle. Merkel doesn't even like her own country (if her recent disgust at German nationals protesting and waving the German flag is anything to go by). All they want is the UK's monetary injection to keep the EU gravy train going. (that's my honest opinion). I voted in the 1975 referendum on continued membership of the EEC. I'll admit I voted yes, to stay in a trading club. With hindsight, I wish I (and many others) had voted a firm NO. The EU has become some sort of greedy monster. They haven't had their accounts signed of since forever. No accountant worth his salt will touch the EU books. What does that alone tell you about the EU ?? Merkel invites all and sundry to Germany, before realising they just can't cope with the influx, now hoping that other EU countries will offer places for these people. All whilst telling,, nae dictating , that the EU countries these people first arrive at strengthen their borders. Christ, the woman's a liability.

TP&N and Unit 1 like this.
  2. joinerjohn1

Makes a change from listening to the king rat Cameron (an even bigger self serving rat, anyone has yet to find)

Unit 1 likes this.
  3. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Ok, so what's in it for Boris, its all to easy to slate him, but you don't state why, a bit like the YES campain, haven't yet come up with a decent argument for staying without scare mongering, no facts just fiction, where as the OUT campaign have many years of facts on their side, simple because its already happened.

No one says its going to be easy if we out, but at least it will be our disisions, our rules, our mistakes.

4. Yes. It always has. But that's about the change.

5. Oh come off it, JJ. What an idiotic thing to say.

Merkel is the single most respected leader in the EU and beyond. She is astonishing.

6. joinerjohn1

Sorry to disagree with you DA, but British influence around the world has been on the wane since 1945. I will however concede that Merkel is the single most respected leader in the EU,,, Where does that put Cameron though?? Ahh,, he's not as respected, and certainly not one of the loudest and most respected voices. (your words, not mine) ;);)

7. He is extreme right wing.

He'll have plenty business contacts to keep the money coming in. He'll do whatever suits him in that regard. He will also do virtually anything for power. You reckon the NHS, for example, is safe under him?

You might want to share his insular vision for the UK, but I certainly do not.

I'm not tory, but Cameron is positively decent in comparison.

8. Phil the Paver

Respected for its ability to pay a vast amount of money every year, not because its a GREAT country, remember the women in change of Europe in also the women in change of a country that has twice tried to take Europe, only this time she's winning, not with guns, but with money, money that not even hers.

9. joinerjohn1

Merkel's disgust at her national flag.

TP&N likes this.
  10. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Weren't we 'GREAT BRITAIN' pre 1975 ?

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

11. Phil the Paver

Based on that answer he almost certainly would be better off being in the yes camp, so sorry but that doesn't wash with me.

12. You could argue further that our influence has been on the wane since our days of ruling the sea and owning half the world...

We remain an icon of decency, fair play, consideration for others, true democracy (flawed, perhaps, but nothing like the US variety), rule of law, honest reporting - and music and the Archers.

And that is because we are part of something bigger. You want to really lose influence? You know what to do.

13. That is honestly what you read into that, JJ?

Honestly?

Oh dear.

14. Phil the Paver

There is only one reason, she and others don't want us to leave, that reason is,nif we leave, Europe as a nation will collapse, simply because other counties will want out aswell, thats fact not fiction.

15. joinerjohn1

DA, I think it's because we're noted for "Fair Play" and "Consideration for others" that the EU take advantage of us. Have a close look at what Cameron has negotiated for the UK,,, it's not much at all. I bet if the electorate vote to remain in the EU, these "negotiations" will count for sweet FA, within a very short time.

16. Phil the Paver

Why do you think we can't still be all of that outside Europe, that's the sort of scare mongering the YES campaign are trying to use. Unbelievable.

17. joinerjohn1

What else is there to read DA? She cast aside her own countries flag as if it were a child's toy. Have a close look at her face as she takes the German flag.. Is that the face of someone proud of their country? I think not. She even shakes her head as if to say,, "No way."

18. Phil, if you want to use Boris as an indicator of your political leanings, that's fine. It's clear where you stand.

The guy will do anything for power and influence. He wants the top spot. I'm guessing he's prepared to take the gamble that by going against Cameron he'll stand a better chance.

The guy is utterly dishonest. And people like him 'cos he 'says things as they are...". Like all other purveyors of glib catchphrases such as Farage.

How deep does your gullibility go? You like Boris? Trust what he says? Ok, let's dig further - Farage; you reckon he speaks the truth? Hmmm. Ok, let me try Trump - you have a guilty fondness for his bluntness too, I reckon...

19. Phil the Paver

In real terms they count for sweet FA now.

TP&N likes this.