Price work

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by Wurzzel, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Wurzzel

Wurzzel New Member

How do these prices look to you for second fix
    Door internal £18.20
    Latch £4.37
    B/lock £6.38
    Handle £ 6.37
    D/stop £1.28 met
    Archi £1.40
    Skirt £1.86
    Second fix stair £106.28
    Any thoughts

2. Emanuel

Emanuel Member

Cheap if taken individually, but as part of an entire project, acceptable.

3. Bds101

Bds101 Member

Id take they prices any day, although I'd like anothe couple of quid for the door, I assume it's a door kit ?

4. mr moose

mr moose Screwfix Select

Ridiculously cheap.

5. seen it all before

seen it all before Active Member

The problems with pricing like that is what do you class as an internal door, 4 panel grained, 4 panel pine, pine door with glass, oak veneered? There is too many variations so be careful you don't get caught out. Not sure who you work for how they expect you price per item etc, but to me I prefer each job as a whole.
    For instance let's say an internal door was £30 complete job, hung latched and handles and you have to go to a job to fit one door, it wouldn't be worthwhile but you have put your price in for this job, where as if it's 3 or more doors the job becomes worthwhile at £30 per door.

FatHands likes this.
  6. Bds101

Bds101 Member

Difference does it make 4 panel grained 4 panel pine , door with glass or oak veneer ? its a door they all get hinged the same way

7. seen it all before

Makes a big difference, a 5kg white grained door, or a 30-40 kg oak veneered door, I can hang twice as many as the white ones in a day as I could the oak ones going up and down the stairs I a house, an oak door is at least £70 to buy and a white grained door is less than £20 so it's a big difference my friend.

8. Bds101

Bds101 Member

It's no difference to me my friend it's a door all hinged and hung the same way, couldn't care what kind it is

9. seen it all before

So if me and you worked together for a whole week, you hanging oak doors and me the white grained doors, all week, we both started at eight and finished at say 4:30, and I hung say 50% more doors than you earning me 50 % more in wages you would be happy with that, because trust me any joiner could do a lot more of the white doors than they could the oak ones???

10. Bds101

Bds101 Member

It's a door they all get hinged the same way if it's 5 kg or 40kg I really couldn't care less,

11. seen it all before

You would when I'm doubling the wage what you earn....

12. Bds101

Bds101 Member

You wouldn't be

13. Bds101

Bds101 Member

If there was a way I'd put your theory to test any day

14. seen it all before

Here we go got us a super star tradesman here, trust me mate you don't charge the same price for hanging a cheap white door as you would for hanging an oak veneer door, for a few reasons, 1. the difference in price of each door and 2. the amount you can hang in a day. If you do charge the same you are a fool and are only doing yourself down!!!

15. Bds101

Bds101 Member

I couldn't care less if the door cost £20 or £130 it a door they all get hinged the same

16. seen it all before

So how much do you charge for an internal door complete??

17. seen it all before

Not a theory, it's a fact that I can hang a lot more 5 kg doors in a day than I can 40 kg doors in a day.

18. Bds101

Bds101 Member

If it was a new build site, door kits and the doors are in the house id take £20 a door no problems ,obviously not including ironmongery, but if it was a1 off door weighing a 150kg up 25 flights of stairs with no lift and I had to park my van 5 miles away I would want more

19. Bds101

Bds101 Member

so if it was a new build site all the doors are 5kg apart from kitchen and Living room doors there for example fd60 and weigh 65kg you think you'd get more money for they 2 doors ? I think not my friend

20. seen it all before

I said complete price, door latches handles...