Should the UK remain as a member of the EU?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by nffc, Feb 21, 2016.

?

Should the UK remain as a member of the EU?

1. Yes

34 vote(s)
    28.1%
  2. No

83 vote(s)
    68.6%
  3. I don't know

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  4. I don't vote

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  1. You think that British farmers and agriculturalists are going to thrive if we exit and turn away from the CAP?

Hmm, the NFU reckons the British taxpayers will have to finance farmers to the tune of between £16k and £30k each, wasn't it? (I forget the exact amounts - and frankly can't be arrised to look it up again...)

2. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

DA, one word I've heard quite often is "DEMOCRACY". You may have been led to believe that the EU is a shining example of democracy. Truth is , it isn't. Not even the European Parliament can change the European Commission,,, the real power behind the EU. There are European states queuing up to join, but at the moment can't afford to join. Albania, Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia all are in the process of joining the gravy train, but can't afford to. What do you think the EU is doing about this? Yep, throwing our money at these countries.. Our own government is already committed to giving these states around £2billion to help them gain membership. Two years ago the EU set up a scheme for pre-accession to the EU for these states. The UK vetoed the idea but was outvoted. Researchers have studied the "grants" being given to these countries and have worked out the UK governments' amount of assistance,, yep as I've already said it's only a measly £2billion.. £2billion of yours every other UK citizens money thrown at them.. If they can't afford the membership fees, then they quite simply shouldn't be "joining the club"
    If you wanted to join the North Devon Golf Club, but couldn't afford their fees, do you think the members of the club should dig into their own pockets to fund your membership? Nah didn't think so.

3. fire

fire Well-Known Member

Very well:

Firstly regulations forcing us not to modify our motor vehicles, catalytic converters, Ethanol fuels and tax revenue on the fuel, Tesco(need i say more) Wage suppression, high house prices due to foreign investment due to migration etc, disallowing modification to firmware devices used to control mechanical devices, CO2 TAX(oh must i go on), RFID chips in wheelie bins as to tax us more on our domestic rubbish, landfill rubbish tax, 55Million pounds a day membership fee, the foreclosure of our foundries due to not being able to compete with non EU countries because of the high CO2 tax, forced to have to buy and trade with only selected countries dictated to us by the EU, fishing policy again dictated to us by the EU, regulations imposed on us across just about every trade to comply with the EU while at the same time they reject our regulation and refuse to comply with, Driving licence issues(this is a very long list so i'll just leave it brief), the huge amount of red tape for small businesses that suffocate them, monopolising regulation that benefits the largest wealthiest organisations and corporations who lobby the EU in Brussels and Strasbourg...

UNELECTED bureaucrats forming a Despotism which is in fact a form of fascism backed and somewhat supported by fascist organisation, corporations and individuals like Bill Gates and Microsoft, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, Volvo... etc.
    Mass market control and driving out of competition to manipulate and control markets as so they can balance trade amongst only but the few selective members in their club(which we are not a part of).

This is but a few and the list really does go on.

Lets not forget the hundreds of thousands of pounds given to very wealthy land owners to sit on their *** all year round for putting up a wind turbine in their massive back garden. I am not against wind power just against these very wealthy land owners becoming even more wealthy for doing absolutely nothing while the rest of us break are backs and bust our balls to put food on the table while stuck and imprisoned in densely built up areas paying super high rent which is directly attributed to us being a member of the EU and its policies..

4. joinerjohn1

What has this got to do with the shape of bananas or the wording on peanut packaging?

5. Thank you, Fire.

Now tell me which of these things you are biatching about have caused you an issue?

Tell me how many of these things wouldn't we be looking to do anyways?

Tell me how many of these things are setting civilisation backwards - and how many driving it forwards?

Ie - tell me the point of your list?

Are you really 'breaking your balls', Fire? Or are you simply doing an honest days work for an honest day's pay?

I suspect your standard of living is actually not too bad - nice home, nice car, holidays at least once a year? But for some reason you are fixated on those who are somehow undeservedly more wealthy than you.

Are wind farms a 'good thing'? Is renewable energy a good thing? If you think 'yes', then tell me how they'll be developed without giving incentives to peeps to build them?

I had PV panels fitted around 4-5 years ago. In that time the panels have literally halved in size, doubled in power and halved in price. That would not have happened without the FIT driving it (and also employing around 25,000 peeps.)

But, I agree - rich landowners and multinational companies should not be building these turbines - they should be community owned - like the biggest one in the UK that's in the Utter Hebrides and about to start earning very good money for the community.

But - that's off the point.

I still don't get how the EU is the bad person here.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2016
  6. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Handy was saying that it cost millions to add "This may contain nuts" to packaging, I was merely trying to point out it cost nothing.
    I am a slow, one finger typer so my bits are normally out of sequence.

7. joinerjohn1

Here's one really big issue DA,, Care to comment (watch the video first,, and yes, it's a bonafide news broadcaster)

Note too, that the EU probe into corruption doesn't include EU institutions, so gawd knows how much they're managing to cream off the top)

8. joinerjohn1

Here's another nice video for ya to mull over. No wonder the EU didn't want any EU institutions investigated.

9. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

And sometimes I forget to hit the reply button first, but I try to use proper punctuation, spelling and grammar which takes longer. :):)

10. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Aye, but if you were forced to include or remove something from the cut, a new drawing would have to be made, time and money etc and if you had to do that every time with every drawing, time and money.

If there's a good reason, fine. If not, that's when EU rulings suck. And it costs time and money.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

11. joinerjohn1

And as for these businesses, unions etc who want us to stay in the EU. Heres a pic of just why they want us to stay. Eu.png

12. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

One of the reasons a farmer can receive huge amounts of subsidy is based on the number of livestock he owns. When the assessments were being made by eu officials, a loophole existed where by a farmer could buy cattle at markets to increase his stock number (well above the number his farm could sustain), then record the data in his records and this stock number boosted his future subsidy payments.
    The farmer then sold the cattle on at the next market and his payments were guaranteed at taxpayers expense for decades to come.

Sheltered folk like advocate would never know this.

fire likes this.
  13. fire

fire Well-Known Member

@Devil's Advocate Lets not also miss the point of J Sainsbury's owning the fisheries for Haddock. We are not allowed to fish for it and the EU gave the contract to Mainly French fisheries meaning J Sainsbury's went and bought up all these fisheries giving them the monopoly effectively.

I like haddock which now costs over £20 seriously WTF, Oh the modification of my car and bike affects me as well, CO2 TAX is damn crippling, Regulation-I am one of them small businesses, locked out firmware and controlled markets screw me over, you need allot of money to actually gain any footing in the system and that affects me directly, Wages stay the same but outgoings keep rising, again directly affects me, wage suppression again directly affects me.

Point of my list? Seriously why do you need to ask that question is it not obvious, the gap between the have and have-not's is bigger than ever, it is like the industrial revolution all over again just without the smog and plague.

Accepting any form of dictatorship or fascism(despotism) from unelected bureaucrats is just wrong in itself seen as we are a free country and value our freedom above all else.

If a Plumber and or Sparkie is held accountable for his actions as is the rest of the populous why should these bureaucrats not be held accountable because no one can hold them accountable for their actions. Who can even hold the IMF accountable for their actions, these people act like gods when they are but mortal beings the same as you and me so they should be held accountable.
    This all affects everyone me you the whole country unless you are part of their special closed doors club which we are not even though it is our money that pays the membership.

So i want my membership cancelled and my money back.

14. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

You obviously have no idea about this, it's easier than a typist in the olden days tippexing out a typo.

15. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

How much of that is EU based or from UK regulations?

16. fire

fire Well-Known Member

All of it, our parliament has to accept it or we have to pay fines. They say we are not forced to accept it but we will have to pay even more money to the club if we decide not to, how is that not being forced by blackmail.

17. Ryluer

Ryluer Well-Known Member

58 billion euro handed out to farmers across the eu ever year.
    The growing belligerence of farmers across the eu in their efforts to extract more money in the form of subsidies is the best reason yet to end the eu project and its dysfunctional currency.

fire likes this.
  18. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Would you prefer money being paid out to farmers to grow crops or paid out to builders to house the immigrants who pick the crops or being paid out to pay the lazy, white, fat, benefit scroungers who sit on their arses picking up the dole?

19. joinerjohn1

DA won't be happy until he's speaking Franglais or Germish. He'll be cutting ze lawns on Vedensday and doing his vaushing on Torsday. When he's about 90, he'll be sitting in some residential home for the elderly, fondly remembering the good old days when he could spend British pounds sterling, instead of the funny money he's had to grow accustomed to. His pension will all be gone (somewhere in the EU, supporting a Lithuanian farmer producing some un-named crop no one wants, but the EU somehow buys from him) Yep, we'll all look back fondly on the good old days if DA and his coves have their way.

fire likes this.
  20. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Trouble with that is, is that the money is often paid out for farmers NOT to grow crops.
    The money could be paid out to make housing cheaper for the less well off(if the money which was ours in the first place was ours to do with what we wish)

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

fire likes this.