Should the UK remain as a member of the EU?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by nffc, Feb 21, 2016.

?

Should the UK remain as a member of the EU?

1. Yes

34 vote(s)
    28.1%
  2. No

83 vote(s)
    68.6%
  3. I don't know

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  4. I don't vote

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  1. parahandy

parahandy Screwfix Select

Agreed. A total *

Sadly though, you can kinda see why such right wing rhetoric is gaining popularity.

The world is effed i'm afraid. :(

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2016
    Davmac and Deleted member 33931 like this.
  2. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Hundreds have died and thousands are injured with many more to follow.

Very cooool!

3. *

Phil, what brought you to that video - how did you find it?

Do you agree with the guy?

4. parahandy

It's 100% Facebook.

5. Longs, why did you make that post? What is it you are trying to suggest?

I made an, admittedly slightly flippant "Coooool :)", comment about welcoming the coup by the army. This was based on the army's leaders in that country generally favouring a secular state, and they have a history of telling their Islamic Presidents to "Watch what you are doing and don't get too bludy religious on us - or else..."

Guess what? Erdogan has being doing just that - further and further away from what Ataturk fought for all these years ago. Along with taking over the state's media. Along with imprisoning those who speak out against him. Along with encouraging the Muslim population to breed like rabbits. Along with - you get the idea?

So, yes, I had my fingers crossed that there would be a successful coup, and that the coup's leaders were doing it for the reasons they stated.

Have I made myself clear?

So why do you repost my comment along with the dreadful & unfortunate outcome? Can you confirm there is no suggestion whatsoever that I welcome the casualties?

6. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

When common sense, reality and truth are routinely kicked towards the gutter for the reason of one not wanting to appear to be 'right wing', racist or in any way anti-humanitarian, then yes, the world is indeed, effed.

Davmac likes this.
  7. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

I know you don't relish the fact that many have lost their lives during this attempted coup, I commented out of sheer disbelief that 'you' would choose 'coool' to pin you colour to the mast.
    Could you not see what would happen, whatever the outcome?

8. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

It's funny how all the brexiters are in favour of a secular country becoming more muslim o_Oo_O

9. parahandy

Well, get you, Littlejohn.

What I was trying to say was that the increased incidence of Islamist terrorism only serves to legitimise the far right narrative. I wasn't defending either.

Feel free to appear as 'right wing' as you like.

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  10. Believe me that I'll 'appear' whatever way is required when handling 'common sense, reality and truth'.

I suspect it'll not be the same way you appear.

11. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Do you not like Muslims?

12. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Cheers for the green light!

13. You experienced "sheer disbelief' at my light-hearted sarcy remark, did you? Whilst at the same time clearly knowing that I wouldn't relish any loss of life?

Man, you are soooo in touch with your sensitive side. You great big soft cuddly contrary thing, you.

Or could it be you are just so desperate to try and make a point?

14. parahandy

OK. No probs.

Now that you're unshackled from the anchor of leftists and their political speech restrictions, what's your plan?

Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
  15. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

So,, your saying the French police should not have shot this chap dead? They should have captured him alive, so he could be tried and spend 20yrs in jail (at taxpayers expense) ?

16. That is completely not what I'm saying.

Are you deliberately trying to misrepresent me?

17. /*

That is truly horrifying.

If it's true.

Is it true, Phil?

18. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I'm not the one moaning about them.

19. PaulBlackpool

PaulBlackpool Screwfix Select

Looks like Boris was right about Erdogan.

20. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Not at all DA, I'm just interested in,
    The driver didn't get the benefit of a trial, so,, were the French police a bit heavy handed? Could have possibly shot the tyres out on the lorry, then tasered the driver once it had been stopped? (or as I suspect, you do agree they used the right tactics, in which case, his human rights went out the window )