Should the UK remain as a member of the EU?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by nffc, Feb 21, 2016.

?

Should the UK remain as a member of the EU?

1. Yes

34 vote(s)
    28.1%
  2. No

83 vote(s)
    68.6%
  3. I don't know

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  4. I don't vote

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  1. Don't be silly.

The sooner the guy was shot the better, if it had saved lives or he'd posed a risk - both of which he clearly did.

But if it had come down to a straight choice between shooting him and taking him alive - with no other risk or consequences either way - then clearly he should have been taken alive. (Or don't you agree?)

It really is as simple as that. How your tortured thinking can try and get mileage out of this is beyond me.

2. Interested in what? Misrepresenting what I said...? :rolleyes:

'Cos what you said was "So, your saying the French police should not have shot this chap dead? They should have captured him alive, so he could be tried and spend 20yrs in jail (at taxpayers expense)..."

3. That's unfair.

There is no evidence that he didn't thank the goat afterwards.

PaulBlackpool likes this.
  4. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Just trying to do your take on Human Rights DA. You know, we've all got them (apparently)

5. In which case the rule of law applies. Which, in civilised countries, is based around human rights.

If a murderer - even one as heinous as this deluded guy - throws down his weapon, gives himself up and poses no more risk, then to shoot him would be a crime.

Since this pathetic, pitiful, worthless guy continued to pose a serious threat, he was shot. Fair do's.

A serious question, JJ - is my position clear? Do you understand it now? (I am not being facetious - that is an honest question I am asking).

If it is clear, then please say something like "Ok, I get what you are saying now..." or similar.

6. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Oh well, seen as you've avoided my question, I will take it that you naively considered an attempted coup, by the army, would be over in a few days with no hard feelings from either side and everyone lives happily ever after.

7. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Bear in mind, the generation who claimed the older generation ruined their future for them by voting Brexit, are the generation currently chasing imaginary Pokémon. :D:D:D:D

8. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

:D:D:D:D

9. Avoided your 'question', Longs?! Question?!! Man, that's chust pitiful.

(I particularly love the exasperated 'Oh well...' as though you've really tried to be fair :rolleyes: )

Funny how you'd latch on to my flippant post regarding the coup and completely ignore this one I made a few posts later:

[According to Turkish media, the military statement said it had taken action to: "reinstall the constitutional order, democracy, human rights and freedoms, to ensure that the rule of law once again reigns in the country, for the law and order to be reinstated."

The military statement went on to say that "all international agreements and commitments will remain. We pledge that good relations with all world countries will continue."

Please please please - let it be so.]

You have a pretty good idea where I'm 'coming from' in terms of politics and morality, Longs* - we have discussed issues long enough, I think? So how you can try such a cheap and patently dishonest trick is, well, y'know... :rolleyes:

On no basis whatsoever, you will try and distort what people on here are saying. You will not get away with it, Longs.

*As I do of you.

10. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Nar, I'm not taking that as an answer.
    For the third time, when you became aware of the attempted coup, were you mindful to the fact that hundreds of people would loose their lives, as a consequence?
    A simple question!

11. Mindful of the possibility of loss of life, you mean, not of the 'fact'...

Honest answer? I didn't originally give the coup much thought other than 'I hope the army is doing this for the right reasons' and 'I hope it works out well'.

Since it patently hasn't, then I regret that it ever happened. And the loss of life - as it always is - is hugely sad.

Since all of the above is a 'statement of the bleedin' obvious', I'm struggling to get your 'point'. Care to explain?

12. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

13. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

14. Steve Bradford

Steve Bradford New Member

The thing is that neither Europe or England know what is going to happen next! So nobody knows if the brexit will have a positive or negative affect on England's future as a country.

15. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

...but can't accept!;)

16. nffc

nffc Active Member

God! I have got some catching up to do.

17. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

It's not going to happen, don't worry.