What's the minimum age to work as a Service Assistant?

Discussion in 'Screwfix' started by Jakirul, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Jakirul

Jakirul New Member

What's the minimum age to work as a Service Assistant?

2. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

What's a Service Assistant?

3. Jakirul

Jakirul New Member

It says
    "
    Our Service Assistants are responsible for delivering excellent customer service every-time; advising customers of great offers and delivery options to maximise sales and experience. Working as part of a team and contributing to the overall success of the store; ensuring that store standards and product displays are maintained to the highest possible levels."

Im 16 so would i be able to work there?

4. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

You need to ask Screwfix, phone the Screwfix number ask for the HR department.

5. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

....or ask at your local branch!

6. Apart from a wee typo - 'i instead of 'I' - and a single missing comma and a collon, I have to say our Jak seems a better-than-averagely educated fellow :)

That's a good start :D

(Don't worry, Jak - you hopefully won't have to work with a pedantic arris like me... :oops:)

7. Collon is a village in Ireland.

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  8. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Give the lad credit for F/Sake, I would employ him just for enquiring.:) This chap will do well in life, starting at the bottom and ending up in the top job.
    Good luck to you Jak.:cool:

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
  9. Jakirul

Jakirul New Member

Thanks! :D

10. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

£3.87/hour for under 18's :(

11. Jakirul

Jakirul New Member

Really? The store I've applied to says £7.03 per hour for under 18s

12. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

This means taking the slip off the customer and processing it. You then ask them if they need any tape measures/ brown plugs/ drill bits/ screws/ nails/ (in fact anything SF sell) whilst your adding up their order on the till. When there's a lull in customers, you'll be expected to fill shelves up and put back the cordless drill on display, someone's been messing about with. Working as part of a team means, as your the newest employee, the others get to boss you about and let you fetch the tea/coffee for them (your the whipping boy till a newer employee gets set on)
    Anyway, don't let DA's reply put you off, he's only the head of human resources and spends all his days locked in a darkened office (only coming out once it's dark) :D:D:D:D:D:D

13. Jakirul

Jakirul New Member

Thanks for your reply! Mine is a new store being opened so I hope that doesn't happen aha

14. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

According to the .gov the min wage.

Mostly young people at my branch.

If the wage is correct that's not bad at all, I'm only on £7.52/h and over 25 :eek:

15. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

I think staff get 20% off orders as well, that's what my friend said who works there.

Maybe SF Peter can put in a word:), wheres' he disappeared to? on holiday?

16. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Knew I was in the wrong job.

17. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

Not quite ... the under 18 staff are restricted on what they can handle too - knives, chisels and solvents are restricted and they will be supervised for those items.

They do employ 16 year olds and I know that they do also offer part time contracts that will allow someone to go to college to continue their education and then work maybe 4 half days and one at the weekend.

18. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Did school work experience at Homebase, weren't any SF outlets then.

19. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Are you sure it's not upto £7.03/h. Toolstation :oops: pay upto £7.20/h, staff there have to pick their own orders.

20. Jakirul

Jakirul New Member

Yes I'm sure. All it says is its 7.03h for juniors. Doesn't say upto.