Laying a thin screed on a DPM and Concrete.

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by Marcus Dare, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Marcus Dare

Marcus Dare Member

Hi,

We have a 1920's steel frame bungalow that does not have a DPM and had a raft foundation bare concrete floor over the entire building.

We want to level the floor but also put down some sort of DPM.

Due to height restrictions we only want to put down a thin Screed, approx 25mm thick. We would normally put down DPM sheeting, but i'm concerned that a thin screed will crack when laid over a DPM.

If i applied Bitument to the floor and then a primer / adhesive and then a Screed slurry with PVA would this work?

Thanks

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Could us a liquid dpm like Drybase(2 coats), then a sand/cement screed,with fibre reinforcment, 25mm is the minimum thickness for bonded screed:eek:, that's thin,might still crack, no need for primer with Drybase.
    Maybe better to use a fibre based leveling compound instead, like Granfix Fibreflex 50 or similar.

https://safeguardstore.co.uk/drybase-liquid-applied-dpm/

3. Fatboi

Fatboi New Member

Use a fibre screed full bond to substraight use sbr a cement slurry mix I'd try to order the screed ready mixed with fibres from a batching plant

4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

I misread the post & missed the words 'entire building', too early:rolleyes:, definitely a pumped fibre mixed added screed.

I would still to lay a liquid dpm first,then sbr a cement slurry mix to provide a key, but when I've used Drybase, have never bothered to.

5. Fatboi

Fatboi New Member

I said was Wright!!!!