Speeding

Discussion in 'Car and Van Talk' started by Neil1987, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Neil1987

Neil1987 Member

Had a visit from the police tonight with regards to a speeing ticket on my companys van which my work has giving my name and someone else name as to who uses that van but I have told police it was a third person which it actually was as my work don't keep driver logs was wondering if anyone knew what happens if I say it was him and he says it wasn't him as he dosnt work for compay anymore and had received 3 tickets when he was hear so he would be on a ban so I'd guess he's going to say it wasnt him

2. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Can you prove that you were elsewhere at the time?
    If so, you're in luck.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

3. Glad its Friday

Glad its Friday Active Member

Did you not pay attention in your English classes at school?
    Ever heard of full stops ' . ' ??
    Your post makes almost no sense.
    Serves you right :)

4. Neil1987

Neil1987 Member

I was in the van at the time but asleep in the passenger seat there was a painter on the job who saw who was driving bit it was 3 months ago just hope he remembers but was just wondering if it was stalemate what do they actually do?

5. Neil1987

Neil1987 Member

Grow up

6. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

If you were caught speeding there will be video evidence, this should show the divers face or enough for them to work out who is who., unless you were caught from behind.

Either way if you don't state the driver at the time its possible that you all get done for it, via court.

The only other get out clause is if it was more than 14 days before they issued the PCN.

7. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Once had a a letter from the police saying that my old vehicle (fiesta) was involved in an accident. They had the number plate correct, and the incident was in my town.

Always have stopped when involved or witness an accident so letter was incorrect, rang the police who say they have got the no plate wrong? as I wasn't aware of anything.

Still have the letter.

8. Neil1987

Neil1987 Member

I've given them details of who was driving it's been my work who's been ignoring the pcn it was a fixed camera so was from behind

9. Mr Rusty

Mr Rusty Screwfix Select

As you are not the owner of the vehicle, you have a slightly lower obligation to give information. The owner MUST say who was driving, anyone else only has to provide any information that may identify the driver, but is much less likely to be done for "failure to provide information". Give the info that it is in your power to give - it was someone else. Give their name and any other info. Stick to your guns, tell the truth. DO NOT be tempted to say anything else, even if it is under threat or more convenient for whatever reason. If you get caught telling porkies, the penalties are much harsher. Go on pepipoo.com http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?s=662bfab40571406f6f1903856ee49f1a&showforum=5 if you need to. The guys on there are absolutely straight up. They will tell you the exact legal position and advice, and don't stand chancers.

Jitender likes this.
  10. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

When I was younger did tend to speed alot :oops:, I suppose it my anger to some extent and not understanding others around you.

Now try and take my time, wouldn't be able to live with myself, if knocked someone down :(

11. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

It depends how the speeding ticket was recorded. The owner of the vehicle has to be served the notice within 14 days, firstly why has it dragged on for 3 months.

If you fail to state correctly whom was driving at the time of the alleged offence you can be liable for more severe penalties

12. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

In the early 90's, the radio controller at Thames Valley Police informed officers to be on the lookout for a silver Volkswagen golf, index number GTI 16V. Sad thing it wasn't a wind-up someone had recorded the registration that way and it had gone through the system without anybody realising

13. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

:)

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  14. Neil1987

Neil1987 Member

My work apparently hadn't been replying to the letters

15. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

I would just reply that you were a passenger in he vehicle at the time and that "x" was driving. I would also add you were not aware of any offence being committed as you were asleep for the majority of the journey as is customary when you ride as a passenger.

16. BlackWidow

BlackWidow New Member

So what happened? Did you find sufficient evidence that it wasn't you?

17. Neil1987

Neil1987 Member

I've not heard anything back so boy must have owned up to it

BlackWidow likes this.
  18. Rusty got to it before I did.

Just tell the whole truth and nothing but. Don't embellish. Don't evade.

19. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

4 month old thread DA!

Joe95 likes this.
  20. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

About as fast as Plod then!