Article 50

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by parahandy, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Nowt wrong in grammar schools, maybe its time to go back to the days of clever kids going to university and the rest going to work.
    It isn't really working, allowing kids to have a chance at uni doing a subject that doesn't really exist just for the sake of saying "I've got a degree", all that means is you have a price of paper stating that your ok in a subject that your never going to use, so you end up on the dole Que anyway, just 30k worse off, why is that, well you now think you're to clever to do that manual job and should go straight into management along with the thousands of other worthless degree owners.

2. The single most positive thing you can do for humanity is to educate people.

The more who go on to further education - regardless of what they end up doing - the better.

End of.

3. Phil the Paver

Why, where exactly does that get you, yes a good basic education is a must, but going on to uni to get a degree in a worthless subject is pointless at best and totally dishonest at worse, convincing the little darlings into believing that they are clever because of a degree is not the way to go, we need people to work, generating an income for the country, not whiling away their youth doing something that will not gain them a single thing, but lose them 4/5 years of their working life.

4. I could leave that amazing post from '160 IQ Phil' to stand for itself. It's priceless.

5. But I won't.

The more you educate, the more that people's minds are opened and become capable of critical thinking (assuming, of course, they aren't being educated in places like North Korea...).

Ergo, the more you educate, the less likely peeps are to vote for things like Brexit... :p

I can understand you wishing the minions to have only a 'good basic education' - whatever that means.

6. Phil the Paver

Yes, cause a Sports Psychology degree would give you a total understanding of the EU wouldn't it.
    Wait you've got a Sports Psychology degree haven't you. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

If you over educate people who's going to do all the manual and service sector jobs.

Don't tell.

Johnny Foreigner.

Now we know why you like your immigrants, I bet you've got maids and even a butler, called Igor or some other non British name.

7. Phil the Paver

And YET again you are dumbing down the British, you should really think about a one-way ticket to Euroland (Germany) you'll fit right in.

8. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Well, it seems the grammar school revolution isn't about to make a comeback any time soon. House of Lords, Lab, Lib won't allow it! No mandate.

Politics eh? Pathetic. Rather EU-like.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

9. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

DA, Phil does have a point about useless/ worthless degrees offered by some (supposed) universities. For instance one uni is offering a degree in Media Studies , almost soley based around Coronation St and Eastenders. Hmmm let's take that in context. What sort of job could you be doing with a degree in Minnie Cauldwell's cat or the inner workings of the Queen Vic ? I can't think of a more useless degree right there.(although you'll probably be able to do a post degree course thesis on the interactions between Ena Sharples and Hilda Ogden for extra points) I'm sure if I search the internet I can come up with more examples of these degree courses which serve absolutely no purpose at all.

Anyway, did you know,,, the vast majority of moderate Muslims don't want to behead the non believers...... They want the minority of radical Muslims to do it.

10. And the 4 posts above highlight very clearly the value of full, continued, life-long education.

Phil thinks you can over-educate people so they won't want to do menial jobs.

Mr Ha splutters on again about 'pathetic' politics - as tho' he knows better. He thinks simply sla***ng off things is the same as having an opinion, dear lawd.

JJ claims there's a University that's offering a degree 'almost solely based around Corrie and Eastie'.

He further claims that most Muslims want the extremists to behead non believers.

11. Phil the Paver

Over educated people with no idea.

Look in a mirror.

12. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

I didn't mean conflict as in open warfare, hopefully that could become something that's looked upon with a sense of bewilderment and fascination by generations hundreds of years from now.
    Maybe at least for a good period of time, people will become accustomed to peace, (as in no military warfare) but conflict and disagreements will surely always be a part of us?

Who will govern the people?, who will keep us in check and lay down the law?
    What would happen to those who disobey?
    How can we create a global society where everyone is equal? Some will collect household waste, and someone oversees them, and up it goes to the head of the authority.
    How could it be possible for 7 billion people too all be content and wealthy enough to collectively resign themselves, to a life of peaceful bliss?

13. Phil the Paver

14. Phil the Paver

Hence why you shouldn't over educate peeps.

15. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Too right DA, I know one Degree educated lad who turned down a job at McDonalds. :D:D:D:D:D:D

16. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Yep, the drive to get everyone into university is nothing more than a 'box-ticking' experiment, so our stats look good on a global scale.
    Investment in technical and vocational training is what's really needed.

17. parahandy

parahandy Screwfix Select

Do you know how many UK terror attacks in the last 20 years were committed by EU immigrants, JJ?

Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
  18. That is exactly what the radical Imams and leaders of ISIS want of their people too.

What strange bedfellows you make.

19. I, too, find it impossible to believe we could have actual warfare between us on our continent. But yet, but yet that is exactly what happened there just over 20 years ago.

And not a 'dignified' or 'fair' or 'justifiable' fight remotely following the Geneva Convention. No, it was marching into villages, separating the menfolk from their women and children and taking them out to dig their own mass-graves. While the womenfolk were raped en masse.

20 odd years ago. With people you could holiday with and would have described as warm and welcoming.

So, is it impossible it could happen again? Of course not.

Witness the rise of the far-right in Europe right now.

What would happen if the EU did fragment (apart from Phil, Mr Ha and a few others cheering)? And all the respective governments move - as they surely would - to the far right? And trade deals broke down so it was every country for itself? And another recession occurred (almost inevitably)?

Don;t imagine for a second that us 'Brits' are above all this. We are not.

This is a pure and simple truism - the vast majority of those who voted for 'Leave' did not do so from reasoned research into what was the best for Britain's and Europe's futures. No, it was based on "I don't want bludy johnny foreigner telling US what to do and bludy immigrants taking what is ours".

Pure simple jingoism coupled with a natural suspicion and, yes, hatred, of anyone different.

And over half the population voted like this, the vast bulk of whom gave it no more thought than this.

We are fodder. Simple brainless fodder. Easy pickings for a 'charismatic' figure who spouts glibisms and tells us lies.

20. Phil the Paver

You stupid idiot, what the **** has ISIS got to do with it, they don't want any form of education for their women and a idilodical one for their men.