Article 50

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by parahandy, Aug 18, 2016.

1. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

On holiday last week, I spoke to a few Greeks, who all want Greece to come out of the EU, mainly so Greece can control their own country. They (like many of us Brits) feel that the EU is dictating to Greece on far too many things, specially their economy. Yes they fully realise the state of their economy was partly down to themselves, but also complained vociferously about these "EU funded" projects, whereby the EU funds a project (using money Greece has already paid in, then Greece has to match the funding) They feel many of these projects are either a waste of time, or could be realised at a much cheaper price if dealt with internally by Greece.

2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

3. joinerjohn1

Once Article 50 is invoked and our 2 yrs is up, this bill will be passed. Make no mistake, once we're finally out the European Communities Act 1972, serves no purpose. Read the article, you have linked to and digest. ;);)

4. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

It is nonecsence.

5. joinerjohn1

So says the dyslexic Remoaner. :p:p:p:p:p:p:p

6. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

...unless he meant 'non(European Commission)sense'!!!

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

7. parahandy

parahandy Screwfix Select

The 'remoaner' banter is so hysterically funny.

...Said no c#*t ever.:rolleyes:

8. Crowsfoot

Crowsfoot Screwfix Select

I suppose one of the first challenges now A50 is being evoked is to actually get the British economy producing something to sell again and educating the public into buying British made goods once again!

9. joinerjohn1

10. Lanc

Lanc Active Member

11. joinerjohn1

Jaguar/ Landrover,,, Not exactly the cheapest cars the UK produces is it? Not only the UK that's been going through the recession, so people cut their cloth according to their income. People on the continent too will cut expenditure accordingly.

12. Lanc

Lanc Active Member

joinerjohn1

But it wasn't only the JLR group that was being talked about, quote "Speth’s comments echoed similar warnings from a host of carmakers and the industry’s trade body, the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT)"

13. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Were you an 'in' or 'out' for the EU ref, Lanc?

14. Lanc

Lanc Active Member

It seems like eons ago, but I do seem to recall I favoured out!!!
    Anyway it must have been the opposite of DA, purely on principle.;)

What has my preference got to do with Europeans buying our cars, pray?

15. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Nowt to do with car sales, but perhaps you thought it would be a step closer towards another -scot indi ref?
    Your true passion.

16. Lanc

Lanc Active Member

If only I could work out the contorted logic that makes you think car sales have anything remotely to do with Scottish people wanting independence.

I wasn't aware of many car manufacturers north of the border - but maybe you could enlighten me?

ps most of Scotland voted to remain (including the SNP, Con, Lab and Lib), yet I was for out. How does that figure in your scenario ??

17. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

That's why I said "nowt to do with car sales".
    You brought that connection up, I was referring to the likelihood of a second scot referendum, (or so had been spouted by fishy knickers) in the event of a leave vote.

18. joinerjohn1

19. Lanc

Lanc Active Member

longboat

You said :-

"Nowt to do with car sales, but perhaps you thought it would be a step closer ...."

So can you explain what the 'it' in that sentence actually referred to, if it wasn't car sales??

You were the one who brought car sales into indyref, not me!!

ps from all I hear I reckon another Scots referendum will be on the cards. But that's entirely up to the Scots.

20. Lanc

Lanc Active Member

I was only quoting a Guardian article, if it's wrong we'd better ask for a correction, I suppose.

However I don't think the CEO of JRL was talking about past sales, it was about forward sales.