Power Tools You Wouldn't Be Without

Discussion in 'Tool Talk' started by Joe95, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

Me too! Radio two in the morning and absolute in the afternoon. the makita radio is always on site!

2. SWBUILDERS

SWBUILDERS Active Member

Forgot about the bump setting! Yeah not got any hilti gear my mate leases all his thought I may do that when all me Mikita cordless stuff gives up

3. SWBUILDERS

SWBUILDERS Active Member

Festool do a 52 tooth but about 60 quid

4. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

That's set then - my Xmas present...to myself. the two tracks and the festool saw! Thanks for your input Scott and Kiab for the input - it's good to talk to some people who own them.

5. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

6 music all the time, you need a DAB radio though.

Joe95 likes this.
  6. SWBUILDERS

SWBUILDERS Active Member

No probs mate Haha get the Mrs to pay I like it!!! Make sure you get her to give it to you first before she unwraps the new Hoover ;)

7. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

There is a company that sells on ebay that sells blades that fit Festool for about a tenner, they are fine for rippiing or if you think there may be nails around.

8. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

Great point, I don't mind paying more for a blade, but when you go though a nail it really is a sinking feeling with the circular saw

9. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

10. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

She wants a new kitchen! We've been saving for a while and it's now down to me to pull my fingers out! She has been looking at those dyson cordless handheld vacs though...

11. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I thought Festools finest blade was 80 tooth but I could be getting mixed up with De Walts big mitre saw.

12. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

Have you used their blades? I've seen them a few times and wondered if their any good. I've always gone with cheap blades for rough work and the Freud blades for finish.

13. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Never used them, they have quite a wide range,seen them, been tempted to try one, but alway seem to use Freud blades for all work.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
    Joe95 likes this.
  14. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

Do you own the big dewalt? I've got the evolution (meh) and borrow an LS1013 for bigger jobs. Most of the chippies I know have it now and it's on my wish list too!

15. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Look at the Bosch GCM 10 SD Professional.

16. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

Kiab, ive looked at that model before, it was on display in store and I have to say I like the handle at that angle. Do you have experience with it? The Bosch stuff is really well made too. The new makita saws have a major plasticiy feel to them in don't think they are as good as the competition.

17. SWBUILDERS

SWBUILDERS Active Member

Worst chop saw I ever bought it's in bits in my workshop plastic Rubish cast turntable absolute sh** in fact I would say dangerous, the only thing worse than that tool is Bosch customer service!!!

18. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

My Makita 0714 mitre saw packed, I looked at another Makita, but the quailty was lacking, compared to the older saws,especially the castings were rough.
    Was tempted, very tempted with getting a GCM 10 SD Pro, the handle is great,lovely saw, but decided on the smaller Bosch GCM 8 SJL 216mm, more than enough for my needs at home my workshop now.

19. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

There's one in the workshop were I do most of my work.

20. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

I'll do some digging on the mitre saws now,I've had my eyes on the dewalt but will look into the Bosch now and find some reviews.