BREXIT, Who Is Laughing Now?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by palavaman, Oct 18, 2016.

1. Most of the electorate - you included - hadn't a scooby about what they were actually doing. The actual implications of their desire to leave.

They wanted to give the finger to the 'establishment' and convinced themselves - with the help of the likes of Farage, tho' it took little effort - that 'Leaving' was a cure-all. Completely missing the fact that Farage is the epitome of the 'establishment' - a high-earning banker who doesn't give a stuff about the proles and is actively desiring a privatised NHS. For starters...

He just knew what strings to pull for the mindless masses to jump to his tune and give him what he wanted. (And then he went to the US to help Trump do the same).

You should have a bead of sweat forming on your temples at this stage at how utterly gullible you've been. What a clown.

You will deny this, of course - but it's as clear as a clear thing.

Don't even pretend that you or the characters in the Question Time audience or most of the Leavers in this country and virtually all of the Leavers on this forum have a bludy clue what this is all about.

Noty a smattering of an iota.

Phil the Paver likes this.
  3. Nope, saw that too, JJ.

4. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Beat me to it.

5. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Mr Bumble the Beadle in Oliver Twist.

Deleted member 164349 likes this.
  6. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

The lack of knowledge about the difference between the crown, the legistature and the judiciary and the checks and balances between them explains why a lot of thickos voted brexit. :):)

7. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Bit harsh that. EU is cesspit that needs a damn good clean! ;)

8. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

My comment was nothing to do with the EU per se, it was about the British constitution and the ignorance about it from people who get their information from the right wing press which is totally owned by offshore based companies or owners and who have their own agendas.

9. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Oh, ok.

10. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Ha, ya couldn't make it up!

Oh hang on, you just did.

11. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Answer: Just about everyone!

12. It was a very poorly judged comment from her.

We all know what she was trying to say, but what she actually said was very unfortunate.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2016
  13. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Howay, da, you know as well as I do that a 'one size fit's all' approach towards an entire continent as diverse and culturally distinct as Europe, was never going to be an easy ride.
    People looked at Farage and saw an advocate, a chance that maybe now, through him, their concerns about the way the EU's continuously growing influence over how this country is governed could be heard.

I thought, GB was the fairest, most dignified and well respected nation on the planet, your words, by the way.
    What's changed? A few ridiculous headlines, writ large on the covers of even more ridiculous media rags.

We've got a number, a good indication that shows exactly how many people are prepared to vote to leave the EU. The biggest turn out 'ever' in this country, for any election or national vote.

These views, opinions and feeling were always there, but putting a number on it hasn't changed the country in any way.

We haven't lost our 'soul' we've merely had a damn good shot at preserving it.

14. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

No, chips, because the 'thickos' voted, you have now learned a lesson, as have they.

15. I couldn't disagree more.

Yes, that is what people saw in Farage. But it's not even Farage's agenda - he is pure far right wing, and this anti-EU thing is just one part of his anti-anything that isn't middle-class, low tax, low benefit, privatised 'English' thing. Give free reign to those who already have it, and stuff those who are struggling at the bottom.

He does not truly speak for the people he tricked into voting his way.

Does Farage speak for you, Longs? Does Trump speak to your heart?

In both cases I understand why many people are attracted by what they say, but it doesn't paint these people in a very good light.

Forgive them - they do not understand what they are doing.

16. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Her next shift at work will be, errr, very difficult.. Silly woman!

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  17. Yep!

She was a twit.

18. Phil the Paver

Agreed, she probably didn't mean it to be as harse as it sounded, but the sentiment was there.

19. Phil the Paver

This is the one time I agree with your use of the word, Twit. ☺

20. We've all heard huffily-said remarks like "Well, I hope your child doesn't ever need their help!" when something like the ambulance or fire service is being cut back by a council. What the person really means is "You complete bar-steward for voting to cut our services - I hope you're the next one who needs it - and suffers because of it!"

Perhaps this woman was being a tad too honest about what she felt... :oops: