BREXIT, Who Is Laughing Now?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by palavaman, Oct 18, 2016.

1. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

What's so bad about, France, that they will risk mutilation and death beneath the wheels of an articulated truck, or drowning in the chilly English channel? Why are so many desperate to get here?
    The anglo-French agreement on border policy, is in undoubtedly sound one, if the French government turned a blind eye,,,, how many would die?

As for the, UK's immigration officers, why do you assume that their numbers will from now on be static, at the present number, never to be changed whatever the need?
    Just the same convoluted nonsense that's constantly spouted about the UK being condemned for eternity to endure a far right governments draconian ways, because the EU can't protect us.

2. Financial constraints, compounded by brexit

But at least you realise you want the far right

3. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Yes, leave the EU.

4. Phil the Paver

Get over yourself you stupid child, an insult is just that (what Scot said wasn't by the way), disbelieving somebody when they've said something as serious as a family members death, isn't an insult, its just ******* rude beyond rude, if this was my forum, I would ban him for life.

longboat likes this.

5. Typical response.

IGnore facts, hide your head in the sand and then call people names when you expose yourself with weak arguments and comments.

I am happy to challenge longboat, he stays with logic.

We disagree, we are allowed to.

You and scott have lost the plot, if either of you ever had it

6. Well thought out response.

Lets not look at the problem, lets hope boris' master plan works out. except it wasnt his plan

7. Phil the Paver

Based on the subject your talking about here, go **** yourself, you egotistical bigoted ****.

8. Thank you yet again for exposing yourself as what you are.

Out of logic, out of your depth, out of order

9. Phil the Paver

That post wasn't meant to come with the other, it was a unfinished one, but the other post was far more important in my mind.

10. Oh, and look up the meaning of egotistical? Its more suited to yourself i think you will find.

11. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Right you lot. STOP IT NOW.

How the hell can you bicker like children when someone has announced the loss of a stepson ?

How distasteful can you get.

I will report any more such argument out of respect.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

gadget man and Phil the Paver like this.
  12. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Howay, kiddo, ya best be getting yaself to kip, school the Morra, ya Nar!

13. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I'm not watching posts from certain members because I don't believe a word they post, if I've upset them then...

14. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

******!

15. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

You big brave beast you! You da man.

16. Very magnanimous of you, Longs - to begin with.

I should have kept quiet? When the usual suspects fell over themselves with their hollow posturing?! Safe in the knowledge that they could claim the 'higher ground' on this without being able to be challenged; 'Me? I am SOOO offended by Chip's remark!'

Too easy, that.

I would accept righteous indignation from people on here who have shown that that is already part of their make-up.

But from Phil?! You gotta be kidding. From Scott? Hah! From you? Um, possibly.

I am making a valid point here, Longs - you wouldn't take as sincere a remark such as that from, say, Trump, would you? Of course not. Let's get closer to home - would you take anything that Farage says on face value? Not a chance.

Ok, what about one of his mindless followers - who have shown themselves ready to spew Farage's hateful propaganda?

Of course Phil and Scott and you may well have been genuinely shocked - I was dismayed by Chips' comment myself. But, as easily likely - based on the political right-wing vitriol and cheap shots constantly hurled by these folk - that they saw it as an open goal.

Phil et al have shown their true mettle on here, so I won't accept anything they claim on face value any more.

You cannot come on here and fill pages with insinuations - without it tainting everything else you say.

17. Why does that not surprise me as being a favourite saying of yours? :rolleyes:

Phil, I have made it clear on here what I think your moral level is (and got banned for it...).

You provided the evidence for this - repeatedly.

You will hurl mud and post slimy links and make insinuation after insinuation - but never ever STAND UP AND CLAIM WHAT YOU POST AS BEING YOUR TRUE BELIEF.

So what should anyone on here believe anything you say?

You can't have it both ways. And I'm going to make sure that any sly attempt by you to do so is challenged.

18. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

It appears that a relative of someone has died and they have decided to bring this into the argument. I'm very sorry for their loss but they have decided to bring this up.
    Deal with the result of your actions and don't blame someone else for the reaction.

19. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

I merely said I was dropping out of the Brexit post due to our current circumstances Chip, I thought you might understand , but obviously don't.("If it's true ???" ) If I'm on an ignore list by you then I shall make bloody well sure you get the link to the announcement in our local paper, either by private message or by asking another member to quote this post, at which point I will expect an apology, preferably by private message. Whilst I have no problem arguing with you about Brexit, I'm damned if I'm going to argue with you about this subject.

20. We all sympathise, JJ - we all do. I have no doubt about that whatsoever. It is utterly tragic at such a young age, and even more so with a young child being left fatherless.

For whatever reason Chips made that ill-advised remark, it was just a question - "if it's true".

That does not suggest that he "obviously doesn't understand" your reasons for dropping out for a while, but you seem very keen to paint it that way.

I am as certain as I can be that if he simply thought it was true, he would have 'understood'. (I don't know why he questioned it - and I'm not making excuses for him.)

I am as certain as a certain thing that he sympathises every bit as much as everyone else on here (you can take that any way you like).

Some people on here were far too ready to jump on to a sanctimonious bandwagon. I have to ask 'why?' What actual business is it of theirs to involve themselves in this? I think I can guess the reasons why for some of them at least, but they obviously felt safe in giving their opinion here believing it couldn't be challenged.

Based on some of these people's moral mettle as exposed very clearly on this forum, I think it's quite justified to question their motives, as much as they effectively questioned Chip's.

And even in your time of presumed grief, JJ, you too seem desperate to make this point. Why is it so important? Why the demand for an apology?

This is very uncomfortable reading on all sides.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2016