Forum bickering

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by wiggy, Nov 10, 2016.

?

Do you think there is too much forum bickering

1. yes

50.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. lets all meet up and have a proper barny

14.3%
  4. HA loves DA

21.4%
  5. Agree to disagree

28.6%
  6. Who do you think you're talking to son

35.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

Is it getting out of hand

2. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Well, we are human! We are bound to clash now and again.

I love you all people

tore81 likes this.
  3. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

I couldn't agree more KP but when someone starts a post about another post just to dig someone out, thats just getting silly.
    How does it look to the casual visitor to this forum.
    Personally if I had that much of a problem with an individual on here I would pm them and have it out. (but that would never happen) or just block them

KIAB and koolpc like this.
  4. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Something to say?

I mean, who would start a post about bickering, purposely to have a go at a certain member? Well...

5. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

I am not having a go at anyone HA, I am just trying to be a bit light hearted about it. Now be nice or go away

6. Mr. Handyandy

Not having a go?

Just let me say this. When someone on here tells me I don't have the right to ask for respect regarding someone's death, the line is crossed.

Out of some respect, I started a new thread to 'have a go' at DA for his obnoxiousness.

He will not suggest such things about me. I will not have it.

gadget man likes this.

7. I think its only fair l put my point in here.

The bickering as you call it, was, quite specifically, downright nasty comments aimed directly at me !

Their side (yours) had run out of common sense and argument and resorted to personal insults.

Well before that, I had made my comments (genuine) to jj, and carried on a reasonable discussion.

Anybody who is that upset at comments afterwards should refresh their minds and think on!

Respect for somebody passing on is 1 thing. Trying to relate it to a discussion is another.

Jj made his comments and reasons clear, and backed out, as was the right thing to do in his circumstances.

Want to have a go at me too?

8. Mr. Handyandy

Ahem, excuse me. I have not had a go at you.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

9. The comment about bickering was made directly at me.

Actions have reactions.

10. Mr. Handyandy

In what way was the comment about bickering made directly at you? Where? How?

11. Mr Ha, I am more offended on behalf of everyone else on this forum than you. I care more about other people's feelings on here than you.

Prove it ain't so. And if you dare doubt me, I'll get VERY angry indeed and start being cross and very rude. Because - grrrrr - how DARE you question my motives, what's in HERE (points to his heart...)?!

See? It's meaningless.

Anyone
    can claim 'self-righteousness' as much as they want, or claim to be more 'respectful', or anything else.

But the truth behind the real value of their claims comes down to their previous comments, behaviour and conduct. And in your case it ain't especially good.

Add to that the fact that you DEMAND! EXPECT! BELIEVE IT TO BE YOUR RIGHT! to be respected.

No, not a chance.

You protest too much. It don't ring true. And there is no way that you can DEMAND it to be otherwise.

12. Go back to that thread, read the few posts before it and your post about bickering.

Then tell me its not so.

Then I may look at this thread and its comments diffrently

13. Mr. Handyandy

Here you go.

"Right you lot. STOP IT NOW.

How the hell can you bicker like children when someone has announced the loss of a stepson ?

How distasteful can you get.

I will report any more such argument out of respect."

'Right you lot' does not aim directly or singularly at you.

I merely replied to your post as it was the one I had just read.

My post was to emphasise my disgust that the people on here were bickering about comments, at the time jj was going through the ordeal. And I find that disrespectful.

I didn't ask for respect for myself, I asked for people to respect jj, and shut up. There's a time and a place, and this wasn't either.

14. On the question of this actual thread, yes, there is too much bickering. And I know that I am one of the causes.

It's part of the package of a forum that allows 'Just Talk', tho'. If anyone finds it uncomfortable, they just don't have to read it.

I don't actually want it to be like this - I honestly do not enjoy it at all. And at times I do find it quite upsetting - honestly - like when either myself or someone else goes too far, becomes too personal. And I have done this myself, I know.

It is inevitable, tho'. It took Brexit to make this happen - the most divisive political issue of our lifetime. Something I feel HUGELY strong about, and despair at the outcome, and what it'll mean for the values of our country.

Happy to discuss it until the cows come home, but I can't but help getting frustrated and cross if I am faced with what I believe to be less than honest arguments, for example. Or what I see some values being expressed that make me feel very uncomfortable indeed.

Very very hard to be gentle and passive at times like that.

I won't let people off when I feel they are being unreasonable. But I don't expect them to let me off either when it's t'other way around.

So, regrets? Yes. Is it avoidable? Barely, in all honesty... :oops:

15. Mr. Handyandy

You are still sick. You are still twisted. You are still stupid.

I have not asked/demand/expect respect for myself.

I asked you lot to respect jj, and shut up arguing his subject.

You can't even do that, can you?

You cannot claim to have respect.

16. With respect, that was misplaced respect!

Jj had said his piece and backed away.

No further comments about him or by him were made or used.

Why can a discussion not continue.

I too have suffered my share of pain. I know the feelung. Life does, and has to go on.

The respect is to leave the affected person out of it.

Logically you should have asked for no posts on any subject to be made for a few days if thats what you meant.

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  17. I am well. I am straight. I am quite clever.

Mr Ha, I know exactly what you said you 'asked for'. Mr Mighty Ha, standing like a colossus amongst the bickering sheep, demanding STOP! SHOW RESPECT!

Nice one, Mr Ha. Great show.

Here's the thing. There was no disrespect shown to JJ that I recall. Chippie's comment was in error, and apologised for. JJ didn't ask for the thread to stop. JJ didn't even have to come on explain why he had to take time off. It's ok that he did - I am pleased that he did so we could sympathise - but he didn't have to; he chose to.

You had no right to ask people to respect anything. Especially you who shows precious little respect for others on a virtually daily basis.

You can claim all you want the reasons why you did it - that's fine. Claim away.

But based on two things - (a) your normal disrespectful behaviour on here, and (b) the EXPLOSION of sanctimonious posturing which you adopted when I challenged you, I feel pretty safe in saying "I just don't believe your motives, Mr Ha."

I showed no disrespect to JJ (well, not during this sad incident). Nor did anyone else.

No-one showed disrespect to JJ by continuing the discussion, regardless of how tetchy it became.

For you to try and place yourself as the moral guardian of this forum is laughable.

Had you honestly been only considering JJ's feelings, then when you felt your request for 'respect' had failed, you should have just quietly gone away. Instead, your spluttering demands for vindication shows us all quite clearly that it's your feelings that are important here.

Happy to stop this now, Mr Ha - it's up to you.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2016
  18. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

and there lies the major problem DA. We don't want anyone to feel offended on behalf of anyone. People who feel offended, should feel that offence for themselves. A troubling thing in society these days is for people to feel offended on behalf of others (specially those they know little about) Almost like they feel they need to be the "thought police" .
    I've just seen comments about me dropping out of the Brexit thread. Yes I have a lot on my plate at the moment, and I'll tell ya something for nothing, the arguments on the Brexit thread have nothing on the family arguments at the moment. (and I can't just ignore those ones). Carry on with the Brexit thread, you know you don't need my blessing. But please don't use me as an excuse for an argument,, this is only a forum and most of the time, any offence I receive on here is water off a ducks back. ;);)

19. Mr. Handyandy

Utter twit.

I asked that the 'if its true' arguments stopped. That was the request for respect to jj.

I didn't ask for the 'brexit' arguments to stop.

If you don't believe that was my only motive, then you become even more crass than before.

You believe what you want(you make it up most of the time).

And you are once again WRONG. And you are a disgusting human being.

Go to hell(that's if they will have you!)

20. Sorry, but you did ask for the brexit argiment to stop. with the threat of reporting it.

You will remember i supported your desire to report it too

For the right reasons

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.