Screwfix Things You Wish They Stocked

Discussion in 'Screwfix' started by KIAB, Nov 12, 2016.

1. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Vending machine with free drinks ..... don't care for tea or vegetable soup but the odd hot chocy and semi ok-ish cup of coffee would be nice

But I guess, why should they offer this for free to trade and public
    It's an extra business cost for sure, incurs staff labour maintaining the machine, requires space for both the machine and also to carry stock of ingredients, instal cost, staff training, risk assessments, the list goes on.....

And all for what ?
    The offer of a free drink is unlikely to generate heaps of new custom so why even bother ??

What's that you say........ T.Stn manage all the above ........:oops:

2. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Would it be used much when I have been in our ToolStation I have never seen anyone use the machine - most people want to take their purchase and get back to the job.

3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Always get a choccy in the competitors.:)

4. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

and still run out when the ice cream van is the street :);)

5. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Seriously though, I think Screwfix needs to have a rethink over which direction it is going - is to the general public or trade ?

Decide on core products it needs to sell, do them really well and cheaply and run proper promotions on items

6. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

7. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

KIAB, I was on a job with a sparky last year, and he told the apprentice to get bubbles for the level, he came back with keyrings for a bunch of the lads. All on the sparks card too...

IMG_6788.JPG

8. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

CEF do hot drinks - I have popped in there many a time for odds and ends, not big orders, and the lads still encourage me to have one. It's probably because of less customers, and all the staff regocnise me by name. There's too much of a turnover of staff in screwfix. I've been known by a bunch of staff members on first name basis, both lads and lassies, ask how I am, is work busy and all, and they all leave within six months.

If I were a manger and someone I've never seen before came in for a £5 order and left with a hot drink It would bother me.

9. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Most people who birth pig and lambs would normally go to a farm supplies outlet / wholesale / online rather than Screwfix. None of the people I know that run farms or small holdings would consider Screwfix when buying farm products

10. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

That's why i always find it funny on the weekends, when the DIYers are in and asking questions about how to do things. You wouldn't get anything useful out of them, and B&Q offer more advice than they need!

And yes I know Screwfix and BnQ are sister companies.

11. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Screwfix should be installing mini bars in the shops.

Jord86 likes this.
  12. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

No, because it will give an incentive to work on the weekends!:D

13. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Sentinel X900 filter Aid

Everbuild 406 Stabilishing soulution.

Everbuild 403 Concrete Hardener & Dustproofer

Everbuild Salt Away

Everbuild 408 Super Seal

14. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I agree with the stabilising solution, i've never had to use any of the others.

15. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Everbuild 403 brilliant for sealing dusty concrete floors & screeds.

Salt away is non-Hydrochloric Acid base product, safer to use, only have used it once, it did the job.

Everbuild 406 used litres of it here, once wallpaper was removed from every room, there was was distemper, one coat sealed it ready for painting, every ceiling also had one or two coat of 406, as they blistered when I painted them, ended up stripping back five or six ceilings & starting again.:mad:

Sentinel X900 help to remove any crud missed by X400 or X800, enhance the performance of heating system filters.

16. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

My house was distempered :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Joe95 likes this.
  17. Rob_bv

Rob_bv Active Member

Radiator brackets. Needed some the other day but oddly they don't sell them on their own - yet B&Q do.

18. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

19. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Joe95 likes this.
  20. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

https://www.orbitalfasteners.co.uk/...pport-yellow-250mm-long-2-hooks-2-screw-holes

Have a bunch of these. Despite the joke of a name they are actually really useful can hand up small stuff like - up a ladder - can hold the drill, hang cables off joists or stair spindles, come in useful in the van to hang stuff from the roof.