What were you working on today?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by CGN, Dec 1, 2016.

1. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Thought I'd start this thread for people to share their day. Might provide some useful insight/info etc.

2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Emptying my garage because the council are knocking it down :mad::mad:

CGN likes this.
  3. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

And what can we learn from this Chippie? Over to you :D

4. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Hold on a minute CGN,, tell us what you did today,,, PS what we can learn from this is that the council are knocking chip's garage down. ;)

5. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

That N Herts council are twots, want to double the size of the village but take away all the parking and build over the flood plain.

6. joinerjohn1

Insurance companies will like this chip. Just think of the home insurance premiums (and the refused claims,,, "You knew your house was built on a flood plain." "It was an act of God that made it rain 3 months worth of rain in a week." etc, etc, ) ;);)

7. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Indeed JJ, indeed :)

8. CraigMcK

CraigMcK Screwfix Select

Bet mine was the most exciting (and depressing at the same time!)

upload_2016-12-2_8-56-47.png

65kA Arc containment test not quite going to plan.

9. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Blimey!! Now that's not the normal day for most Craig. We need more info...when you have a mo :)

KIAB likes this.
  10. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Definitely.:)

11. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Here's my meager offering...not as exciting as some people's day :mad::(, but hey ho...onwards and downwards !:confused::D

Attached Files:

12. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Got to replace a 1900mm Type 20 radiator with a 1200mm Type 22.:(
    Being putting off the job for a while, but it's started leaking, so got no choice now, & will also reroute the pipework at same time.:mad::(

13. Jitender

Jitender Screwfix Select

Is it a council owned garage?

14. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

It may be the next day CGN, but i'll chime in anyway.

Bathroom replacement and new onsuite install. Such fun :rolleyes:
    Hoping to be finished by next weekend, all fittings arriving at 2pm today, tiles Tuesday.
    Trying to work around a rewire, screeders and kitchen fitters:rolleyes:

Can't complain, We've all had a cooked lunch every day from this customer and get offered tea every two hours!
    Demolishing a bacon and egg sandwich now.:D I'm much happier when I'm well fed...

CGN likes this.
  15. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Ah yes...can feel a Friday sandwich coming on too :)

I've just finished repairing the floor joists. Just a quick, but strong bodge really as the whole floor is coming up early next year along with hacking walls back to brick. On to a few handyman type jobs now...nothing particularly exciting :)

16. joinerjohn1

Tomorrow I'll mainly be replacing a half brick in a house I recently fitted a kitchen in. The hole was where an old waste pipe came through the wall.

17. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

If you need a lift JJ, give us a call :D

18. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

Expanding foam? :D:eek:

19. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

How did you manage to fit the kitchen in the size of a half brick? o_O:p

Joe95 likes this.
  20. GoodwithWood

GoodwithWood Active Member

Today, looked at 6 fire doors that need replacing as the contractor that 'varnished/stained' them messed up big time. They tried sanding back and refinishing but client not happy with it so I'm tasked with sorting out replacements and fitting them. Fixed a few doors, installed some blinds and made and fitted some noticeboards. Nothing exciting that's for sure.