God. Lets talk

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by koolpc, Dec 11, 2016.

1. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Well, other threads getting derailed by talk of Religion etc so why not keep in it one place?

As you all know, i am a Catholic. Yes, a GIGANTIC sinner but through it all my faith has stood strong. I love God with my life which i am sure some, if not all, will find hard to comprehend.

I went away from the church for quite a few years from a teenager. My mum dying brought me back.

For all the turmoil in my life (caused by me) i still have massive love for God. Atheists will find it hard to understand.

I am sure people replying here will try to have a laugh or kick Christianity in the guts. They will poke fun etc. Thats mainly because they are scared of Christianity. They have no faith in a God. They lack understand or a willingness to understand.

I cannot imagine life without faith in God.

If you had faith in God, you would understand what i am saying.

2. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Also, people, lets keep the comments respectful. Ta

3. Working On It

Working On It Member

Not true, I understand what your saying, but I don't have faith in god! I have faith in myself and those I choose to have around me.

WOI

wiggy likes this.
  4. Its going to get too personal if not careful

Im a non believer, in the agnostic camp.

I dont believe anything without proof.

Not making any other comment on it

5. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Thats fair comment people.

I am not trying to ram a belief down anyone's throat. I know that we all can choose what we believe, or not.

This is meant as a discussion. Not try to get people to convert, although, that would be nice! ;)

6. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

I agree that some people will make it very personal with abuse being thrown about. That is always the same with 'some' unbelievers. I guess the feel insecure by someone who has such strong faith.

7. Very unfair.

That is the 1st stone that has been thrown.

An unfair assumption

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  8. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Its what i have witnessed my friend. They always hurl abuse at some point. Only 'some' as i stated. Not everyone is the same.

9. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

Not so much insecure, but more of pity towards you.

I think people that are weak of mind tend to follow one god or another, the weak need something/someone to follow as they have nowt about themselves.

And as for the catholics the biggest pedophile ring in history, do me a favour.

10. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Weak? Lol..........Obviously you dont know Catholicism!

Pedophile ring is massive in all cultures, vocations etc etc. Its not just Catholicism that suffers this terrible disease of humanity!

Don't pity me as i am so happy in my love of God. Through my terrible life it has only been God that has sustained me.

11. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

I went to a catholic school.

Weak people follow religion.

12. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

I think you lot should just stop right now! :D

koolpc likes this.
  13. BMC2000

BMC2000 Screwfix Select

So, was Darwin right or was Adam and Eve and Noah and his big magic boat the real deal?

14. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

And why do Adam and Eve have belly buttons

Deleted member 164349 likes this.
  15. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

ot '
    Weak people leave God more like. They jump ship when the storm gets rough!

16. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Wait until sawdust and D&D king appear! lol

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  17. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

Ok, well out of all the people today that I have known to ask a question about religion, you are but the one.

And going on what I know about you from this forum, I would also deduce that you are a weak man.

So therefore, weak people follow religion, not leave it

18. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Jesus came to save sinners buddy! ;)

19. Rulland

Rulland Screwfix Select

I don't really wish to get involved with the ramifications of a 'god' etc, I will just say that if such a supreme being does exist, wtf is he doing letting innocent people, lose there life to cancer etc etc?.
    No that's it, I just know I'll lose my rag on a thread such as this, discussion ended.

Sparkielev and Joe95 like this.
  20. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

Religion is a control method and the weak are more easily controlled