Kitchen Cabinets- How would you fix this?

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by wau5, Dec 15, 2016.

1. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Nearly the same, chamfered edges I run through router table to get rebate.

You be surprised how many home workshops in the USA have a wide belt sander, I have mate in Colorado, he has a home workshop, he bought one secondhand for $2000, & a vertical panel saw, can cut 10'x5' or 12'x6' sheets,(can't remember) for about $700.:eek:

2. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

Well you can see for yourself it is a round nose bit, only using it as an example...:rolleyes::p:p

3. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Its maddening really the prices and rubbish we have to put up with and it isn't only the tools it the materials. Where I am, there is only one Timber merchant that stocks natural timber other than pine types. The poplar I went to see was dreadful, of the 30 planks they had in stock, there was two which was any good the rest just lacked some string and some arrows it was that bowed.

KIAB likes this.
  4. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Don't get me going on tools, I would like a Bosch 18v ADS181B 1/2" Right Angle Drill, it's not available here & never will be according to Bosch, only available in the USA.:mad::mad:

5. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Was watching an episode of NYW... And Norm had ordered some 'hardware' from the quaint village of Cradley Heath in the uk. He'd obviously never been there!!! :D

6. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

He may have - he has been over quite a few times and they did a "this old house" in London and he has some harsh comments on Bristish trades people

7. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Norm was at some building show down at Westpoint,Exeter a few years ago.

8. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

So that's 2 people who have never been to the 'quait village of Cradley Heath' then! :D

9. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

It may be quaint compared to some places in Massachusetts or the valleys down here