Screwfix Price Match - the good and bad (well more mad)

Discussion in 'Screwfix' started by sospan, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

Yes, however it need to be an ISO container full of it and I will dictate the exchange rate.

Bits for you - no chance, Card number yeas please so I can some items for me as I would like a new Festool router!

Joe95 and KIAB like this.
  2. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

3. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Doesn't everyone try to get through High Wycombe as quickly as possible? :p

KIAB likes this.
  4. Pollowick

No, because that could put you closer to Slough!

Happiness is Slough ... In my rear view mirror.

malkie129, koolpc and KIAB like this.
  5. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

IMG_7523 (2).JPG
    :p:p:p:p:p

I got mine a couple of weeks ago!:D

KIAB likes this.
  6. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Joe95 likes this.
  7. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

You can't go wrong. It's a real pleasure to use.
    Dust extraction is second to none. Done some roundovers, a mortise lock and worktops with it so far and there's barley any dust, chips do still fly off but I've read the larger extraction hose helps with this.
    The handle design take a bit to get used to, as does the power switch, but it feels more comfortable to use than the Dewalt.
    Good chunky weight too, more than you'd expect, and this makes it 'glide' easier.

My only gripe is the dust extraction port is quite fiddly, it needs to be pushed in and turned, but there's a lot of resistance. Suppose this helps with loss of suction though.

8. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Two things I really like the very good plunge lock which is so instinctive and the ratchet mechanism to lock the spindle as you change bits. They are so obvious when you actually use them, it makes you wonder why nobody thought of it before -it os like this :

upload_2017-1-20_19-47-39.png

Not a PC mouse but a hand sanding block that takes rotary sanding disks. So obvious if you have a disk where the edges are worn, just put this on it, fold up the edges of the disk onto the side of the block and you can salvage it for hand sanding. So obvious, no clips, glue just the hook and loop

Joe95 likes this.
  9. Pollowick

Went in this morning and now need your contributions towards my expenditure ... shall we say £100 each!

10. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

11. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

Sure, E-mail me an invoice and I'll transfer it straight over:

youcantscamme@screwfix.community.com

KIAB likes this.
  12. The Necromancer

The Necromancer New Member

Interesting. In checking the new terms and conditions on the Screwfix.com website, I cannot find any mention whatsoever of price-matching. Moreover, I contacted Screwfix via email last week after I purchased from them a Titan TTB631SDS drill for £74.99 (which itself was meant to be a reduction of £5.00 over their usual price) but later that day discovered a competitor was selling it for £64.99. Interesting as one would expect Screwfix to be best able to offer discounts as Titan is an in-house brand owned by them and registered at the same office address (Trade House, Mead Avenue Houndstone Business Park Yeovil Somerset BA22 8RT ).

I'm not convinced that Screwfix (or the umbrella company Kingfisher plc, which also owns B&Q) is particularly dedicated to customer service or satisfaction, given my past experiences.

Also of note are the so-called independent customer product reviews by on the Screwfix website which seem to be filtered to give only positive reviews of three stars and above. The above Titan drill was purchased after the Makita MT series M8101K which I took delivery of from Screwfix on 29th May 2018 was faulty out-of-the-box. It was leaking oil and sparked profusely when turned on before being presented with any load. I know the MT 'orange' series is built down to a price and not comparable with the professional 'blue' Makita and Milwaukee products but the poor build quality and finish of this particular drill are doing the brand-name a great disservice. So I posted a comprehensive, honest review and gave it a mere one star. To date, Screwfix has still not posted that review and instead are misleading customers into believing this is a good product when most evidently it is not. They haven't messaged me to tell me why they have not posted my accurate review. Nor have I yet had my Makita drill back from repair.

13. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Price match doesn't work for almost any company. Today I was looking to buy Euros for our next holiday. Asda is local so looked on their website. 1.0802. Went to our local store and they are offering 1.05. Showed the chap behind the desk the price on their website and he fobbed me off with the excuse that their rate on the website is updated hourly. Also showed him the local price match "We promise to beat any genuine quote within 10 miles of this store. Thomas Cook (literally a one minute walk away) were offering 1.0858. "Sorry Sir, we cannot possibly match that price." :eek::eek: So why do they promise to beat any genuine quote within 10 bloody miles? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

14. PaddyO

PaddyO New Member

And apparently Screwfix "don't price match against B&Q", who are currently doing a 3 for 2 on all paint... guess where I'll be going for my Zinsser B.I.N.!
    All because they are both under the Kingfisher group. you would think they would be able to sell at the same price, being under the same group!

15. Wayners

Wayners Screwfix Select

Perma white is £5 cheaper at competitor at £30. Problem was the competitor couldn't find said product in store so I drove and paid higher price at sf. At least they could find it at sf.