Chelsea Manning

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Harry Stottle, Jan 19, 2017.

1. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I feel this will be the one good thing he does but I hope I am proved wrong.

2. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

If in doubt.

3. It started with the Brexit vote. It's all part of the same 'thinking'.

So, enjoy. It's undoubtedly what you wanted?

4. proby

proby Active Member

No I didn't vote for trump, you really should get over it now and stop winging.

5. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Winging is a bugger.

6. proby

proby Active Member

Whinging, whining, moaning didn't know about the bugger bit.

7. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Just use lube :)

8. proby

proby Active Member

Thanks for the (heads up) I'm sure da will appreciate it :)

9. Cough - but you did vote for Brexit.

And I think I can safely assume you'd have voted Trump had you been 'merican.

I should get over it? Half the UK population should get over it? More than half the US population should get over it?

Lol...

10. I am reliably informed that lube is not needed for 'heads up'.

11. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

It's more for bottoms up :eek:

12. Chips fills in where it ain't necessary.

(Ooh-er, I mean... o_O)

13. Harry Stottle

Harry Stottle Screwfix Select

Has anyone noticed how threads drift off the original subject onto Brexit?

14. Harry Stottle

You're absolutely right Phil. The climate's changing naturally, it's been a lot warmer and a lot colder many times in the past. If we'd stop the useless green taxes the UK would much better off economically and the same goes for President Trump and America. More power to his elbow and I hope he persuades Theresa May to follow his lead.

15. Harry Stottle

Some of the Middle East problem stems from George Bush's knee jerk reaction to the Twin Towers outrage. He wanted to appear tough and popular with the electorate and chose conventional warfare with help from his puppet friend Tony Blair. It's easy to judge in retrospect and I admit I was in support of attacking the terrorists conventionally. I was wrong, a subversive and more modern approach may have been effective.

16. What short sighted utter rubbish.

The problem with the middle east and usa is much deeper than the twin towers reaction.

And dont try and twist it and say i supported it !

Want to try and explain how obamacare needs to be repealed ?

We are watching the world become more divided, more hostile and more unsafe because of such short sighted views.

You actually believe this new wave of "populist politics" dont you ! You really do think they are "anti establishment" !

Just because its the headlines they use, it doesnt mean its true.

We are watching uk and usa becoming more establishment every day now, with the risk of more following. And you actually support it.

I fear for the future of my children, and yours

17. Yeah, lets burn more coal and use more petrol

It doesnt hurt anything does it

18. proby

proby Active Member

Depends on the head you're talking about :oops:

19. proby

proby Active Member

I did vote brexit, I would not have voted trump as they say on those useless training courses to assume is to make as *** off you

20. 10 years ago I was a firm man-made-climate-change sceptic. I read and followed each 'development' with cynicism, from the discredited Hanson 'Hockey Stick' graph to Al Gore's rebirth as climate change hero and his very flawed doc Inconvenient Truth. And, as arry points out, there have been 'warm' and very 'cold' times in the quite recent past - from the successful English vineyards in the middle ages, to the frozen Thames used as an ice rink little over 100 years ago.

But I, very reluctantly, have had to accept - due to the overwhelming consensus by most respected scientists - that it is almost certainly happening and it could very well be a catastrophe for the planet. (This is the planet we are leaving for our children - it won't be an issue for us.)

I can honestly say I had my mind changed on this issue very grudgingly - I hate having to conclude I have been wrong on an issue, especially when it's one that I have taken some time to examine in some considerable detail and came to what I believe were considered, reasoned opinions.

So, that was not a comfortable one for me.

But - phew - 'arry says climate change is nonsense, so I was right all along! :D