Do I need hinge tite screws for butt hinges

Discussion in 'Carpenters' Talk' started by lemonade, Jan 6, 2017.

1. dwlondon

dwlondon Active Member

its probably an irreconcilable 'discussion'.
    on the one hand we have the handyman who effects a work about fix on the job.
    on the other the adherence to technical principles, and the advocacy of rigorous engineering discipline.

Joe95 likes this.
  2. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

I am all for doing what you need to do to get a job finished but this was some one who had to go out to buy a product and was advised to buy the wrong product.
    Handshandy knows this and knows his advice was wrong but is too big a tool to admit his mistakes.
    He would sooner sit here and be called all the pillocks under the sun rather than admit he didn't know something.
    It's nothing to do with technical proficiency as Handy has already admitted he's wrong, he won't admit to this, but his thin skin and thick head.
    I made multiple comments regarding his likeness to Trump only Trump has won, for now, but Andy is a loser.

3. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Because it doesn't fit DOES NOT MEAN IT IS THE WRONG GAUGE.

It may.

It could also mean IT'S THE WRONG COUNTERSINK. That will also not fit, do you agree?
    You won't answer of course because you will have to admit I am right.

No I have not! How many times before thick head can understand that? I am right.

THE WRONG COUNTERSINK MAY NOT FIT. TRY ANOTHER. FACT.

Stupid or even cupid stunt doesn't come close to describing your ignorance.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

4. Mr. Handyandy

Answer a simple question chippie.

If you use the correct gauge screw with the wrong countersink, is it possible that it won't fit?

5. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

All the countersinks on all the fittings are the same angle, that is a fact, you are very stupid, that is another fact, you can't understand drawings or geometry, yet another fact, you SHOUT when you are frustrated, another fact.
    I think that has answered all your concerns now why don't you go out and get a education you big, thick steaming pile of doo doo.

6. Mr. Handyandy

7. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

They love each other really :D

8. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

What are you even talking about.

9. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

:)

10. Mr. Handyandy

thick steaming pile of doo doo

Just proving that is what you are. You can't understand a simple question.

You profess to be knowledgeable!????!

If you use the correct gauge screw with the wrong countersink, is it possible that it won't fit?

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

11. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

What is the correct gauge screw with the wrong countersink? Are you talking about a double countersink or a bugle head or some other countersink you have made up in your head?
    I can't understand your questions because you are talking rubbish.

malkie129 likes this.
  12. Mr. Handyandy

It's not f.....g hard twot.

If you use the correct gauge screw(no.8 needed,no.8 used) with the wrong countersink(single needed, double used), is it possible that it won't fit?

If you need a no.8 screw with single countersink, will a no.8 screw with DOUBLE countersink fit?

I can't make it any easier for you, I don't know how to teach pre-school kids!

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

13. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

That is two different questions. I've never tried either but they wern't the questions the OP asked and that's not the question that you've been trying to wriggle out of for umpteen pages.

14. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Can anyone else smell the steam coming out of Handy's ears, it's a bit like the smell of a geriatrics ward on a hot day, cold **** with an aroma of weak bleach.

15. Mr. Handyandy

It is not two different questions idiot.

They are exactly the same question.

You are too thick to ask anything of.

I take this as a full admission that you do not have an answer(or too thick to understand a simple question) and therefore are totally wrong.

Loser. Complete fool.

16. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

One question was will it fit the other was will it not fit.
    What is the answer to the OP's question, should he use a hinge tite screw?
    Stop wriggling now Handy, answer the OP's question, a very simple question and one you have spent 15 pages evading, should he have used a hinge tite screw?

17. Mr. Handyandy

No. He doesn't have to use a hinge tite screw.

A screw of the correct gauge and correct countersink is what he needs. A normal screw, not necessarily a hinge tite.

But you still don't answer(now YOU are wriggling out by ignoring my question and reverting back to the OP question).

Can a correct size but wrong countersink possibly not fit?

It can't be simpler. Yes or no?

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

18. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Handy, I called a single countersunk screw a "normal" one and you jumped all over me saying they were all double countersunk now.
    I used to refer to hinge tite or any other single countersunk screw but I thought you knew what I meant by now.
    A screw of the correct gauge and correct countersink is what I said from the beginning, you suggested using a double countersink or a bugle head.
    I am not ignoring you by talking about the OP's original question, that is the whole point of the discussion. If I suddenly asked you a question about the Northern Irish Accord during a discussion about plasterboard you would rightly dismiss it.
    It is pointless to keep arguing with you as even as you post that you are wrong you will disagree with yourself but I will continue non the less.
    BTW how is your gay son getting on, has he disowned you yet?

19. Mr. Handyandy

What the hell is the relevance of that?

Can't do it can you?

I have asked you a relevant question, and you cannot answer it.

I take that as an admission that you are the loser.

Unless you answer it there is no point continuing, because it is the most relevant question.

Without the answer from you, you admit failure. You admit that you are wrong.

Mr. HandyAndy - Really (champion)

20. chippie244

chippie244 Super Member

Handy look at the title of this post.
    Did you answer this question correctly in any way, shape or form. No you didn't, all you have done is dissemble and prevaricate.
    Your childish retorts are simply that, playground insults.
    You are correct that there is little point continuing this as you are going to point blank refuse to admit you gave the wrong advise despite it being written down in your own words.
    Trump yesterday sent his press secretary out to say he had bigger crowds at his inauguration than any other president despite all the photo's that proved he didn't.
    This didn't make it true, it just showed that he was a liar and you Handyandy are a liar with no credibility because you would sooner lie than say you were wrong because your ego won't let you be wrong. Now f off little man back to your world where everything is white and you're always right.

Joe95 likes this.