Chelsea Manning

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Harry Stottle, Jan 19, 2017.

1. I would argue that point completely, Longs.

As you know, the Remain voters are cut from a generally more educated cloth that the Leavers. So their depth of understanding of the issues were quite different. You would know this from any street interviews shown on any new network - the blank stares of the Leavers before stuttering out "Immigration...cucumbers..." and the somewhat more level-headed comments by Remainers.

You can try and suggest all you want that the level of thinking behind each side was similar, but you know you'd be fibbing.

Deleted member 164349 likes this.
  2. Yes, this is true. He certainly has.

3. I totally agree, Harry - the Remain campaign was hellish. Truly hellish.

Of course, everything they warned of will almost certainly come true.

But, yes, a hellish campaign.

(I think your own wee list of the EU's qualities are a tad biased, tho'...)

4. Harry Stottle

Harry Stottle Screwfix Select

What an insult to leavers! The only prominent remainers seem to be celebrities, luvvies, pop singers, bolshy politicians and social climbers. The bulk of the intelligencia are leavers.

5. Utter twaddle.

Name these examples of intelligenca who are for leaving ?

Which side are you putting May on? I dont class her as intelligenca, whichever side you choose to put her on.

6. Lol!

First Phil nails his intellectual colours to t'mast, and now Harry.

And they don't appreciate the beautiful irony of how their ignorant posturings actual reinforce our point!

As with Phil, I am delighted to let 'arry's posts stand in the cold light of day and speak for themselves.

7. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Yep, you've squarely hit the nail on the head there, DA.
    A good proportion of remain voters are 'cut from a different cloth', than those who voted leave!
    Thanks for confirming that those from a more privileged background are indeed more inclined to want to stay in the cheap labour 'guaranteed' club.
    Good news for them when they want an extension built or a new kitchen installed, isn't it marvelous?
    Meanwhile, the indigenous population (of scum working class) are fighting for work, and even when they get it, it's at a knock down rate because they have to survive somehow.

How many foreign teacher's are employed in our schools, DA?

And I don't mean the one's that are necessary for translation purposes.

The boss of the company always seems to come up smelling of roses, while the workers endure wallowing in his s@#t!

btiw and Joe95 like this.
  8. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

Become the boss then longs

9. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

I'm self employed, so I am the boss.

A lot of people who voted leave, aren't, and my sympathy goes out to them regarding the impact that an influx of cheap labour has on their livelihoods.

It doesn't effect the more affluent in our society in a detrimental way, quite the contrary, it benefits them.

10. Harry Stottle

Jack, it's easy, cheap and ineffective to dismiss points by calling them, utter twaddle.
    Mervyn King, Professor Minford, Frederick Forsythe, Norman Tebbitt, Sir Anthony Bamford, Sir James Dyson, there's a few to start with. In any case why do you want me to list names, you can easily find out for yourself.
    I'm putting Theresa May firmly in the intelligencia category. If you think someone who has worked her way up to one of the most important jobs in the UK is not intelligent, you must be a bit thick yourself.
    Harry

longboat likes this.
  11. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

Yes cheap labour has been a problem for me, competing against crews of Romanians on £40 a day and I won't go down that route

btiw, Joe95 and longboat like this.
  12. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

I personally have not been effected by it, but I know plenty who have.

wiggy likes this.
  13. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

It's worse where I am. Romanians happy to do a full day for £20.

Immigration enforcement vans are around here at least two days a week for the last six months.

14. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

Cant blame them, we would do the same if we had too, but that doesn't help us.

btiw, longboat and Joe95 like this.
  15. Harry Stottle

You don't need data for that one it's common sense.

16. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

I've noted that comment.

Now, you could be right, and you could be wrong.
    Who knows?
    You don't, and neither do I.
    But I hope I can throw that back at you in a few year's time,,

,,,oh, yes.

I didn't say that, right!
    ;)

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017

17. I think you are in danger of confusing the issues longs.

If the benefit of staying in the eu is for the well off, why are the very wealthy right wing intelligencia those who are leading the brexit side?

It wouldn't be more misinformation to get the working man to actually vote for such a thing, thinking they were going to be getting a better deal , would it?

Leaving the eu, will weaken the rights of the working man further, not increase it. So, not only will he/she be poorer, but will have weaker rights too.

18. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Spot on.
    I don't blame them in the slightest.
    And I've pointed out your fact to several people who've complined about them in the past.
    I hold no grudges against 'them', the system that allows it, though?
    :mad:

Phil the Paver likes this.
  19. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Drive down Kilburn High Road between 6am & 7.30am any week day morning, you will see hundreds waiting for vans to come along offing a days work, cash in hand.

20. And whilst big companies are prepared to employ cheap labour and avoid taxation the problem will get worse.

Now, let me think, which side is likely to create a tax haven to attract business, as it will have to, to survive?

Oh yes, the right wing wealthy, "lets get rid of the european controls that hold us back side" of course.

The more this info is spouted, the more obvious it gets, to those who hadn't seen it before.