Chelsea Manning

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Harry Stottle, Jan 19, 2017.

1. I have to call it twaddle when you recognise people such as May as being the intelligencia. She is a classic case of being in power for her benefits, not ours.

Think about it, she wanted to remain and is now leading brexit.

What side is she actually on? What is right for us to make her want to remain? But then leaving is the best option? Oh yes, a promotion.

If you base your beliefs on these types, then twaddle it is

2. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Absolutely, the people ain't the problem the system is, we go to work in other counties (none EU), but to be able too we have to meet certain criteria, this is how it should be, not a free for all, that only leads to total failure of what you are trying to do.

3. James dyson. Is that the guy that moved his manufacturing abroad ? Any reason why ? Extra profit I guess? He was making money before the move, but I haven't noticed a decrease in his prices.

Hmmm, let'ssupport these people. They care for our welfare.

Joe95 and wiggy like this.
  4. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

Dyson greedy bugger

5. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

What the hell is this inteligencia you speak of?
    You can call being concerned about unaposed immigration 'right wing', all you like, it won't make it so.
    Or is that your 'judgement'?

You will notice that 'remainers' like to constantly police each on this issue. They like scoring points off each other by poining out someone is being politically incorrect. Its almost like a new type of hierachy based on apparent moral virtue.

6. I don't think I mentioned 'more privileged', did I Longs? I mentioned 'better educated - not quite the same thing since more and more of us are having a better and better education, including those from not so privileged a background.

And regardless of the phony point you were therefore trying to make, if more thoughtful people voted 'remain' - and they did - then that is simply that. Do with it what you will.

As for having an extension built or any other job, each should be taken on its merit. Each job should come with its full worker's rights; if you are in this country legally, then you have an equal chance of securing that job. Like you do in the EU. I'd personally take any number of 'Polish' plumbers than Pimlico ones any day.

And you know damn well that this country encouraged immigration many decades ago 'cos it simply couldn't cope without them, first targetting our Commonwealth cousins. Tell me how, today, the average care home, hospice, hospital could cope without a massive contribution from our recent immigrants? Who amongst us would do this job better?

How about what is possibly the worst job in London - the cleaners on the underground lines? You tell me how many of our 'more deserving' indigenous population would care to do that? Or would do it with the diligence of the Somalis who largely take on this hellish job?

Yeah - pick and chose your info, Longs.

You talk as tho' your concern is for the average working class in this country - those very folk who will be truly stuffed by the economic crisis that will almost certainly befall us after a hard Brexit.

The average Leaver knew not what they did. But, not to worry, we are here to save you from yourselves... :p

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2017
    Joe95 likes this.
  7. Who has apparently chust bought a double plot in nearby Westward Ho! to build his dream house...:oops:

8. Nice answer, but missed the point, totally. Name these left wing supporters of brexit then.

Purely unintensionally I am sure

9. My, aren't 'we' hellish? (Whoever the hell you are actually referring to!)

We should all be more like Trump, I guess...

10. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

One of the firms I build tree houses for built him a 300k plus tree house a couple years ago. I was in the running for it but it went to a Romanian lad who runs his own team. They did offer me some oak tree platforms that where part of it but I knocked it back. I don't do second fiddle

longboat likes this.
  11. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Selfish barsteward!
    The ungrateful twot, should have devided his un-earned wealth equally and distributed it to all employees pro-rata, ,,,

Then purchased a two man tent.
    :rolleyes:

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  12. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Delighted that you approve.
    Now, if you can point out some of these enshrined in, EU law, workers rights that you speak of, I'm all ears.

I haven't researched the topic, but if you could give me a few pointers, that would be great.
    Honestly. :)

13. Not while you act like teflon and deflect every point.

Stand up and nail your colours to the mast

14. Phil the Paver

I think what remoan means is, if you leave the EU you have to leave the right to think for yourself behind, that's funny since the EU took that away long ago.

15. Phil the Paver

UJ_Flying.jpg

longboat likes this.
  16. Phil the Paver

Maybe just maybe she Was a leaver, but voted remain to further her career, believing remain would win.???

17. Phil the Paver

Richard Branson is a good example for you then, a tax exile who's firmly remoan. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

18. btiw

btiw Well-Known Member

Yes, there was somewhat of a correlation between education level and voting preference. But correlation is not causation, and in this case I'm not entirely buying the argument that 48% of the population were wise and 52% stupid.

Let me offer an alternative explanation for the correlation.
    Those with formal education are more likely to be employed in the knowledge economy. e.g. lawyers and marketing folk will always have an advantage in the labour pool against those who don't have English as a first language. Their products and services are more likely to be traded overseas and tend to scale (e.g. a lawyer's contract or a marketing campaign can affect hundreds of thousands of people). They benefit from immigrant labour in cheaper services. This is true for other jobs requiring more formal education too (eg. computer programmers, architects, fashion designers).
    Those with less formal qualifications will tend to earn their money with their common sense, experience and physical labour. They are most directly in competition with immigrants for jobs and resources. Even the most skilled tradespeople will suffer competition as the supply of labour increases (as competition at the lower skill levels pushes the best at that level to compete higher up).

Looked at through an economic lens you would have to say that those without formal qualifications have an entirely rational response to immigration.

So economically rational. Not dumb.

Besides, the data collected was on formal qualifications and degrees, which we would then have to compare to your chosen "level-headed"ness attribute. I'm not sure they're the same thing at all.

Re: "cucumbers...", sure ignorant vox-pop make great telly. But the plural of vox-pop is not data.

I'm pretty pompous (I aim for eloquent, but usually miss and hit pompous), but I hope that even I wouldn't describe myself as "cut from a generally more educated cloth" without blushing.

...or is it you that wants to start bragging about your IQ? That was tried in a different thread and it is generally met with deserved ridicule.

longboat and wiggy like this.
  19. Phil the Paver

Are any of those cheaper services, house maids, cleaners, nannies etc.

btiw likes this.
  20. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

A question, is a question.
    What should it matter whatever 'my' political leaning may be?

But, for arguments sake, let's pretend that I'm a skin-head Nazi.

Ok?

Now, how will the UK leaving the European Union, change the worker's rights that are already a part of 'UK' law?
    You (not me), said that it would, all I'm asking for is the reason.

Proceed!