New Lines Request

Discussion in 'Screwfix Trade Counters' started by KIAB, Feb 24, 2017.

1. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Wonder if Pete will see this, I wish our host would stock the Everbuild 'Blackjack' range, like Everbuild 905 All Weather coating, 901 Black Bitumen Paint, 902 Bitumen and Flashing Primer, 904 Roof Felt Adhesive & 908 DPM all 5ltr cans.

Joe95 likes this.
  2. screwfix.peter

screwfix.peter Administrator Staff Member

I see all!!!

I have passed this over to our Buying Team, for their perusal.

Peter

3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Impressive speed:eek:, thanks Pete.

I wasted a whole day, chasing round, trying to source Everbuild 905 All weather roof coating, has fibres added for reinforcement, it a lot cheaper than other brands like Evercryl,etc.

4. fostyrob

fostyrob Screwfix Select

dare I say it but TS has most of it...

5. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Evercryl 5ltr is around £30 a can, compared to £13-£14 for Everbuild 905 5ltrs, when you need three or four cans 905 works out cheaper.:)

http://www.everbuild.co.uk/905-All-Weather-Roof-Coating

And TS don't stock it.

6. fostyrob

fostyrob Screwfix Select

Apologies I was getting confused with the bitumen range of blackjack products from toolstation- did the roof last summer filling large gaps with bitumen mastic trowel on stuff then covering the roofing bitumen with the internal fibres. Evercryl is overpriced in my opinion. will have a look at the everbuild stuff as have another out building to do this year. Have to admit i do like the smell of the blackjack bitumen though!

7. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

905 does everything Evercry does at half the price.:)

8. fostyrob

fostyrob Screwfix Select

9. fostyrob

fostyrob Screwfix Select

it's what I used last time anyway...black and full of fibres, coats anything and everything

10. fostyrob

fostyrob Screwfix Select

i'm sure they used to do it in 25l as last time I tried to order it it wasn't in store so they gave me 5 x 5l tins. Can't seem to see it but TS site is useless and the search function is a waste of time- only outdone by tesco direct...you searched for deodorant but instead why not look at these bananas

11. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Thanks, :mad::mad:hate my TS at the best times,visited two branches yesteday, both said categorically stated that it was not a stock item.:mad::(

12. Joe95

Joe95 Screwfix Select

The TS closest to me is terrible. The customer service is a disaster and the store is run down, with paint missing and the counters and shelving all mis-matched.
    My local SF however, was done up last year and is much nicer now. Staff are friendly and customer service is top-notch. The only thing i dislike is the size of the car park, it is full most mornings.

I have started using click and collect now, and it's so much easier to do. While everyone queues I can walk in, print the collection ticket, grab my order and be out the door in minutes.

13. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Staff at my local SF are superb, I alway use click & collect, my only niggle is some things need to be ordered for next day collection,for an example dust bags for Nilfisk vac,(fit my Makita vac & cheaper) they are not a stock item, takes next day to get to branch,darn annoying, same with rat posion.
    Some customers get right touchy when you waltz in & print collection ticket & go to counter to collect & ignore the queue.:D

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  14. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Still can't believe the limited range of pocket hole jigs, screws etc. Most bizarre is that you can't get the square drive bits - only a few stubby Erbauer which are too short.

It would be a huge benefit for Trade customers to get a monthly statement of items, it is a real pain maintaining list of the all the items purchased in a month

KIAB likes this.
  15. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

It would be nice, if they dropped the Erbauer tack & went for better quailty at low & medium/higher price points.

malkie129 likes this.
  16. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Yes, Considering how popular and simple pocket hole joinery is and also ideal of the number of occasional(DIY) customers they have. I have one of the top end Kreg jigs but prefer to use the smaller Kreg R3 Jr set. Simple, yet capable of doing large numbers. Surprising thing is how brittle the tips are on the bits, couple of time I have dropped a bit and the pilot tip has snapped :oops: The other odd one, is that you can't buy generic square drive bits, even for non pocket hole screws.

One features that would be nice is that if select a product that is a "next day" at your local store, they could prompt you with an alternate that is in stock.

17. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Ran out of end feed 45° 22mm elbows :eek:, only needed two, due to cramp space pipe bending was out of the question.:(

Look at our host for the price of end feed 45° elbow 22mm, pack of 2 @ £3:99p,:eek::eek: so time for a moan/ rant, what are they 24 carat gold plated for that price, seriously how can you justify THAT price,they would usually cost around 85p each, maybe slightly less.

http://www.screwfix.com/p/flomasta-end-feed-elbows-22mm-x-22mm-2-pack/85292

18. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Because I have a Plumfix tag on my account came up as £3.18 - but still expensive. I don't mind paying a little more for convenience (open a lot longer than builders merchants) but double ???

KIAB likes this.
  19. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Ended up making my own 45° 22mm street elbows.

The 10 pack of same fitting is £9:99p.

http://www.screwfix.com/p/flomasta-elbows-22mm-x-22mm-10-pack/60725

20. WillyEckerslike

WillyEckerslike Screwfix Select

Have you tried using different screws? Dome head screws have the requisite flat bottom to the head so that they pull against the base of the hole and are available as pozidrive or torx heads. Much cheaper as well. I'd steer clear of bugle headed or double countersink though - they won't work!

chippie244 likes this.