Loyalty card scheme?

Discussion in 'Screwfix' started by P J Thompson, Feb 25, 2017.

1. P J Thompson

P J Thompson Active Member

I visited a branch today to get a new mitre saw stand. Whilst there I was given a Screwfix card by the excellent fella that served me (never had one before. EDIT: card that is, not an excellent fella to serve me!). I joked about it being some form of loyalty card and the chap replied that actually, there'd recently been a conversation with his workmates on that very subject! So I said that I'd start a thread about it.

Our hosts give us very good service don't they. Even when things go a bit wrong they always do whatever they can to sort it out and keep us happy customers. Because of this service, the wide range of goodies on offer, the pretty competitive prices and the sheer number of stores, we keep coming back. Personally I've spent what for me is a small fortune at Screwfix since I took the plunge to go it alone.

So, is it time that Screwfix followed the lead of pretty much every other major retailer and introduced a loyalty card? A little acknowledgement of just how much business we all put through the tills?

Personally I wouldn't be asking for much, maybe just a new 5.0Ah battery every time I spend £100 :D

What do you lot think?

2. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

At the Screwfix branch I use, you are made to feel so very welcome that I wear my slippers in the store when I get there. :rolleyes:

3. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

Isn't that a sign of old age when you wander round in your slippers ;)

4. P J Thompson

Is it? Darn :(

5. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Yes, followed by a Smoking Jacket and Pipe. :p:p

6. DIYDave.

DIYDave. Screwfix Select

Screwfix Loyalty Card ...... hang on a moment fellas .........

We've been talking about a free vend hot drinks machine in store for years and this has never appeared ........ now your talking about a loyalty card being introduced ..... cmon...... Rome wasn't built in a day (reason being that half the materials needed were only available on next day delivery) ! :D

Doall likes this.
  7. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

Loyalty cards are only there for one purpose - to get information about the buying habits of individuals and the cost of the benefits has already been factored into the prices. SF already have that - they ask for your account or address details every time you use the store.

8. Astramax

Astramax Super Member

Could be something in that! got to work a little while ago and then realised I was still wearing them :confused:

9. leesparkykent

leesparkykent Well-Known Member

Free tea and coffee on the electrafix side in my local branch :D

10. P J Thompson

@DIY Dave, this was something that was inspired by talking to a Screwfix employee who told me it's something that's been discussed in house. So I'm just dipping a toe in to gauge the reaction from folks.
    @Pollowick, to be fair, you're bang on there. What's in it for them? Some of the bars I visited in Holland had cards though...and they never asked for my address :D

11. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Be a great idea

12. P J Thompson

Following on from Pollowicks's thoughts...I gave up smoking and am using a vape. I get the oil from the same company online every time. I buy the same oil every time in the same quantities (you know what I'm going to say now I bet ;) ) and they have a loyalty/reward scheme. I think most oil companies do. There's no info to data mine but it encourages you to keep coming back doesn't it.
    It's a competitive market...as is the trade/diy supplies market ;)

Phil the Paver likes this.
  13. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

I am inundated with offers and vouchers at the moment from Screwfix, B&Q, Tradepoint, Wickes, Jewson, Anglia tools, Festool etc. TBH it is getting too difficult to keep an eye on all the offers and discounts

14. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

:(:( Seldom rarely get them, & Screwfix rare as phoenix eggs:(:(

15. P J Thompson

Not such a bad position to be in, sospan :D

Have to say Kiab's situation more closely matches mine though :(

16. Phil the Paver

As I do, not had a cigarette for 2 years 9 months, on 0% nicotine aswell, its just a habit now and some days if I'm busy I don't even vape, saving a fortune against the cost of faggs. ☺☺☺

P J Thompson likes this.
  17. Phil the Paver

Always getting SF ones in the post, spend £50 get 5% off, £100 10% etc etc, got a Tradepoint one today, but haven't used TP for ages.

18. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

I had few £20 vouchers of electrifix

19. P J Thompson

Oi Screwfix! Where's me bloomin vouchers???

20. sospan

sospan Screwfix Select

They come in handy for tactical purchases - at the moment TradePoint have a pack of 5 Purdey brushes for £42 and I have a voucher for £10 off on a £50 spend. So if I pick up something extra for £8, I get it free and a pack of Purdey brushes for £40 :)

P J Thompson likes this.