Syrian dictator

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Deleted member 33931, Apr 5, 2017.

1. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

JoT , I was never fooled by the big red bus saying the NHS would get 350 million in funding per week after Brexit. There's a lot of things wrong with the NHS. A lot of things the government is doing sweet FA about too. I reckon they should make Jeremy Hunt work for three months of the year, at our wages on a surgical ward or perhaps a dementia ward. He might better understand the real problems our NHS, it's workforce and patients face. (but that's for another thread)

2. P J Thompson

P J Thompson Active Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-39623882

Speaking alongside South Korea's acting President Hwang Kyo-ahn on Monday, Mr Pence said North Korea should not test US President Donald Trump.

"Just in the past two weeks, the world witnessed the strength and resolve of our new president in actions taken in Syria and Afghanistan," Mr Pence said.

"North Korea would do well not to test his resolve or the strength of the armed forces of the United States in this region."

I think it would be fair to take implication from these words that this was a major motive behind the 59 Tomahawks. All part of the plan.

Step one, step 2, step 3....

The media hasn't made such a hullabaloo over the attack on the bus convoy this week...which killed more people and far more 'beautiful babies' than the recent chemical 'attack'. Why not?

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  3. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

[QUOTE="P J Thompson, post: 1504692, member:

The media hasn't made such a hullabaloo over the attack on the bus convoy this week...which killed more people and far more 'beautiful babies' than the recent chemical 'attack'. Why not?[/QUOTE]

Because that proberly was Assad.

4. P J Thompson

Most of the victims were Shias, traditional target of Al Queda and IS
    This isn't evidence that they did it of course but who needs evidence? Will IS and Al Queda positions get a rain of Tomahawks in the next day or so?

5. Steps 1, 2 and 3 - you may well be right.

As much as I hate the idea of Trump having his popularity bolstered by these tactics being successful, let's hope it does turn out well.

Because - fair do's - it wasn't working out before. And the consequences of it not turning out well are not conducive to a peaceful night's sleep.

There are two trains of thought; one is that Kim-Jong has nothing to lose by unleashing all he has - he couldn't cope with being humiliated or overpowered by the US. The other is that, when all is said and done, he does actually behave 'rationally' (for a dictator) and will ultimately do whatever he has to to survive.

6. P J Thompson

It worried me a tad when the bloke said summat like, N Korea will respond with nuclear attacks N Korea Style.

They have no ICBMs
    It made me think dirty bomb.