NHS

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Phil the Paver, May 12, 2017.

1. Thank you for your considered reply.

Confirms absoloutely, doesn't it !

I did expect more sweving if I' m honest.

2. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

I would give up using words for which you have shown time and time again scant regard to their meaning. 'Honest', 'truth'.
    Nar, they don't sit well with you do they!

Now, what was that pertinent question, you didn't ask?

3. You seriously are not even aware you have actually answered, are you ?

4. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

More wriggling riddles from the residen jot.:rolleyes:
    Spit it out, man. Come on, be honest for once.

5. I have been, and so have you. And that is a real surprise.

Go back through your comments and replies, and think. I know you are not used to doing that.

And that is exactly what you have proven.

Baaaa (thats a clue by the way )

6. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

You know what, yesterday teatime, taking observations (blood pressure, temp, heart rate, blood sugar levels etc,,) It was actually quicker to record these on a chart/ piece of paper ,, than it is to input them on a computer or iPad (but don't tell the government, else we'll never get these Commodore 64's updated) :p:p:p:p:p

7. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

I don't enjoy your pathetic struggling when I've backed you into a corner, Jack.
    Pants down again, for you me lad.

8. Seriously, I would stop if I was you.

You don't even realise how much you have exposed yourself.

I am more than happy to watch you carry on. Really I am.

Please, more.

For your own sake. Read your posts and think it through

:D

9. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

What was the question?
    You know, the one you didn't ask but thought it sounded good to say you had.

You say I have already inadvertently answered it so what was it, enlighten us all, Jack.

No?
    You won't, because you can't.

Yet again.

10. Cant I?

I will, after you have dug some more holes. Feel free.

I won't be back on til monday, you can re read and think and work it out, or I will put you out your misery then.

Baaaaaa.

11. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Is that a promise?
    I do hope so, I can't wait.

12. Yes its a promise .

I cant wait either

Baaaaa

13. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

You da man, Jack, you da man!
    I knew you had the courage within to face up to your nonsense postings.
    Only playing, you won't because you cannot.
    You would have done so by now if you could, but no, just another example of the weirdness in your head.

Your new sig is great by the way, very fitting for you.

14. Just remember I gave you plenty of chances.

Not my signature, but it certainly is yours.

Baaaaa

15. P J Thompson

P J Thompson Active Member

16. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Good Lord, I pop down the pub for an hour or three, and come back to discover that Longboat's had his knob out and Jack's gorn completely mental.
    I do sometimes wonder what the world is coming to.

longboat likes this.
  17. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

Anyway, on a more serious and potentially important note, what brand of caulk do you all use...and why?!!! :D

18. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

I tend to mainly use 'everbuild' caulk as that's what me local builders merchant stocks, if I'm in screwfix, I'll pick up a few tubes of their 'no nonsense' caulk, never had a problem with either.
    I've had problems with staining and cracking with various other brands.
    I suspect that once we leave the EU, all caulk will be rubbish.

19. The Leavers on here were told many many months ago - pre-Brexit vote - that many in the Leave campaigns supported either partial or full privatisation of the NHS.

Not surprising as they mainly come for the more extreme right wing of the political parties.

Which added more ridicule to the poisonous claim on the side of the battle bus - a more dishonest and hypocritical political headline is hard to find than "We send the EU £359m per week. Let's fund the NHS instead".

Complete and utter deceit.

Arron Banks - one of the main funders and drivers of the Leave campaign - is just one who wants full privatisation of the NHS.

Johnson is happy to settle for a £20 entrance fee to A&E for starters.

Gove has called for the NHS to be dismantled and be replaced with personal health accounts.

Farage's feelings are very clear: "I think we are going to have to move to an insurance-based system of healthcare."

No one with an open mind will even need these examples - it is as clear as a clear thing that the move towards Leave was a move towards the far right. Another significant donator to the Leave campaign was a former BNP member.

The NHS chief, Simon Stephens, warned of the direct risk to the NHS by the inevitable economic downturn that would be caused by a Brexit.

All the experts poo-poo'd by Gove warned of an economic downturn - the IMF, the ECB, the Bank of England, the Treasury, the Office of Budget Responsibility.

And the Leavers on here were also warned of Trump - the direct ideological connection betwixt the Leave campaigners over here and his even more dishonest campaigning trick over there. And, wow, has that warning not come to pass?! One of his first targets - Obamacare. Result - if he succeeds - around 20 million Americans without health insurance. Unless they now pay according to their needs and risk. That's called something, isn't it? Who benefits? The most wealthy, of course - like Trump himself. As it would almost certainly be over here with privatisation; no more tax or NI-based contributions which at least tries to match your ability to pay. Instead it'll likely be insurance based, so woe betide you if you are (a) poor, (b) unhealthy and (c) default on your payments...

And JJ - a valued member of the NHS - still couldn't bring himself to vote with his conscience or brain; the jingoistic beast within was chust too strong.

And Longs has turned even more into a gibbering juvenile with his more recent postings.

Jezzzuuzzz - the calibre of the average Leaver on here :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2017
    Deleted member 164349 likes this.
  20. CGN

CGN Screwfix Select

That's all very well DA, but what about the humble tube of caulk.
    There are cracks, some small, some big, some bigger. We go to the shop, we purchase a tube with the intent of filling these cracks...permanently. Usual brand isn't in stock, a brand we buy because we've always used it. It works, for a while anyway, but the cracks always come back eventually. We know this, but we're content as it does the job at the time and it's the best, cus that's what we know. So this time, we ask advice, which we get and we walk away with the competitors brand. Slight trepidation upon application, seems ok, fills the gap and smooths off ok...bit cheaper too. Anyway the months pass and cracks still covered over...feeling guilty now but pleased that cracks still filled and not showing. The months pass, the weather does its worst, the building expands and contracts, the sun shines, the wind blows, the rain falls. Eventually the cracks come back...knew it!!
    Rather disgruntled we go back to the shop and complain. The shopkeeper apologises and now says that actually, they knew that it wasn't as a good as the other brand, but they were under pressure to sell it as the preferred brand was losing its stance in the market(though the product hasn't changed), so thought it best to start selling the competition.
    With reassurance, we take the 'tried and tested' original caulk and go back to filling the crack. The shopkeeper gives us a couple of tubes for free as a measure of goodwill. Hmmm, fills the crack ok, smooths off ok, but not quite the same as we remember. Seems similar to the previously used competitors product, but seems to have the preffered properties of the preffered brand we know and trust.

Anyway the months pass, the weather does its worst, the building expands and contracts, the sun shines, the wind blows, the rain falls. Eventually the cracks come back.

This time, and a few decades later, we go back to the shop, disgruntled that the cracks have come back.
    The shopkeeper isn't there but his son is. Explaining the situation the son says that those brands were **** and antiquated and this is the brand to use now. Ok we think, best move with the times and use the new brand. He puts a couple tubes on the counter and tots up the price. No probs, happy to pay for the new uber caulk...no more cracks :)
    Anyway the months pass, the weather does its worst, the building expands and contracts, the sun shines, the wind blows, the rain falls. Eventually the cracks come back.
    This time, and being wheeled to the shop in a wheelchair we go in and go up to the counter. The shopkeeper comes to the counter to greet us. Explaining the situation the guy says that we haven't used the product correctly!
    Begrudgingly we ask for another tube, annoyed that we have to pay for a product that keeps failing. The shopkeeper senses that something is amiss and asks what the problem is...

longboat and chippie244 like this.