May's advisors.

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Deleted member 33931, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Phil the Paver

Phil the Paver Screwfix Select

Your point is what exactly.??

The flats they will go into were always for social housing. So it's a none story.

But hey don't let that stop you making it out to be some wonderful idea born out by Cornyn.

2. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Yep, I do like it. That's how it should be, provide legitimate housing for these families rather than stealing private property.
    Do you think it's a good idea?
    You gave the impression in your post that you weren't so sure.

3. Really ? :rolleyes:

4. I think it is a good idea.

Almost certainly inspired by Corbyn, don't you think?

Not everything he says and does is bad. Just as everything May says and does is bad.

5. Phil the Paver

Yes really, said so on the radio.

Or have we found an endless supply of money to buy £million+ flats for them.

They are being rushed through to get them finished, this does involving hiring extra staff, and i wouldn't be surprised if the government are not paying for this.

6. P J Thompson

P J Thompson Active Member

Dunno about an endless supply of money but It's come out that K+C are sitting on summat like 45 mill in excess reserve capital.
    Whilst apparently scrimping on the spec for their social housing refurbs.

7. Phil the Paver

You write as if you're shocked, how do you think the rich are rich.

8. Here you go, this might help

The 68 flats have been bought by the City of London Corporation as part of the response to the tragedy, and handed to Kensington & Chelsea Council for social housing.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...ves-were-devastated-in-grenfell-a3569876.html

And I guess you have read some of the comments on some of the right wing sites?

9. P J Thompson

It's definitely shocking. What it isn't is surprising.

Deleted member 164349 likes this.
  10. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Corbys idea inspired applause from people whom don't know any better, I'll give you that, but I don't think there was ever any doubt that these people would need to be housed.

11. Thats as near as you will ever get to you acknowleding Corbyn had a good idea and could see a soloution.

Its more than blindingly obvious that they need to be housed. The problem was where, when and how. Human thoughts was what Corbyn had and inspired.

And I still dont want him as PM, and nor do you. But he is not all bad.

12. And another ones gone.

Another one bites the dust

13. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

It wasn't a good idea, it was a preposterous, populist, completely idiotic idea.
    So, why would I cast it even a shred of approval?
    You see, one of the perks of being the opposition is the ability to spout nonsense, safe in the knowledge that any criticism will almost certainly land on the government's door step.

14. The Tories liked it.

They just done it.

15. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Oh bad move, Jack. You really will be in the dog house now.

16. Phil the Paver

Resigned always looks better on your CV than fired does. :D:D

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
    longboat likes this.
  17. Phil the Paver

Did you read it.???

16th paragraph.

He said the flats were part of its affordable housing allocation, construction of which was being “fast-tracked” to help house the residents

As I said. They were always going to be for the plebs.

18. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

And you've just confirmed what I've long suspected.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
  19. Phil the Paver

They did what exactly, try to make themselves look good by doing what???

Houses people in social housing, ooooooo that was hard wasn't it, good job that nice chap Corbyn was on hand to state the bleeding obvious.

20. P J Thompson

Affordable housing isn't social housing.

Although, when I was having a break in the van today I thought i read that there are two blocks in that development that were for social housing. May have misread that though