God. Lets talk

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by koolpc, Dec 11, 2016.

1. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

You will never be able to comprehend how someone can believe in God. It is an impossibility for you.

To believe you would have to be tapped on the shoulder by God and shake his hand!

True believers have such a strong faith that they would die for God. You find that so hard to understand. Thats understandable. For me, its easy to understand

2. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Cop-out by you as you dont really have an answer for those that truly believe in God. Its just beyond your reasoning.

3. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

Either God can do nothing to stop bad things happening, or he doesn't care to, or he doesn’t exist. God is either impotent, evil, or imaginary. Take your pick, and choose wisely.

4. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Could someone kindly inform me how I can turn this thread off please? Surviving the first phase was hard enough, but Hari Kari is preferable to any more. Anyone, please?

5. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Typical atheistic comment. Soon as a disaster happens.......blame God! lol ;)

6. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

Unwatch thread top right?

7. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

We have free will. We are weak beings. Imagine if God made everyone immortal? World is bad enough now without having the evil people in the world immortal!

8. koolpc

koolpc Super Member

Lol, just un-watch it!

9. Jord86

Jord86 Screwfix Select

Ah! Cheers.

10. I can give you my 100% assurance, Kools, that I do understand why someone can believe in god.

I also fully understand why those who believe cannot provide basic answers to the simplest of questions.

11. But...I...um...

WHAT?! :rolleyes:

12. You won't do it, you won't :D

13. So you now understand some of the terrorists reasonings? I struggle with that.

14. Its generally the weak and innocent that get the tough life, early death.

The real evil bad types seem to live for ever!

Pretty selective is he ?

15. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

No we don't have free will. Think of something, what comes into your mind? Did you have any control over that thought entering your mind? No. See?!

16. How weird that you would allow your god to have the power to make us all immortal but are pleased that he doesn't ('Thank god he doesn't do that - but he could if he wanted to! He could!', you exclaim) but you won't entertain your god having the option of simply stopping evil in its tracks and making the whole world a blissfully happy paradise.

Look, I'm not one to tell god what to do - tho' I consider myself to be a far better person than he - but what if he did give us all happy paradise here on earth. How nice! And the bludy jihadists would have nothing spesh to look forward to...

17. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

The people who died in the Grenfell Tower fire, where was God for them?

Did he choose to do nothing about it?

Was he unable to do anything about it?

Or is it that he simply doesn't exist?

18. Good point, Kools.

Why doesn't god tap me on the shoulder since that is all it would take? :rolleyes:

19. And yet so impossible for you to explain :)

20. Or, to put it another way, it didn't actually matter at all, not a jot, whether he existed or not.

It made - and makes - no difference. At all. None.

Dr Bodgit likes this.