What a waste of time

Discussion in 'Screwfix Trade Counters' started by BarryH, Jun 28, 2017.

1. BarryH

BarryH Member

I often read threads on here about problems with Click & Collect, I had an even worse one today. As I was in the area of my local Screwfix I called in to buy two sets of door handles. They were in stock as I had checked before I went out.

When I arrived I was asked if I had bought from Screwfix before and as I had they went to my account to get my details. No amount of checking and double checking would bring my account up. The said I had never had one. So I asked if I could just have the door handles and gave the assistant the part number. None in stock said the computer. When I told him about checking before I left he just said there's still no stock showing on here.

Getting home I got on my computer and logged into my Screwfix account, yes I still had one, it was still there and again checked on the stock of door handles, 10 in stock at my local store.

What a complete waste of time.

2. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Had that happen other month, luckily I could prove I had an account by going online with my phone, & items had been reserved.

3. BarryH

BarryH Member

Ah, never thought of the phone and it was in my hand too.

4. P J Thompson

P J Thompson Active Member

Haven't you boys got cards?

5. BarryH

BarryH Member

Do you mean the Screwfix Swipecards? The chap behind the counter asked me for my swipecard this morning and I said I didn't know what he meant, he then proceded to give me a card and something for my keyring when he couldn't find my account on their system, he took the cards away and said these are no good to you then.

6. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Sometimes I don't have the card on me, usually left it in my other coat.

7. screwfix.peter

screwfix.peter Administrator Staff Member

Hi @BarryH

I'm sorry to read of the problems you had when you visited one of our Stores.

Please email our Customer Service Team on online@screwfix.com with details of the event and which store you visited, so we can investigate and improve our service in the future.

Peter

8. BarryH

BarryH Member

Thanks for the reply Peter.

In the past I have contacted your Customer Services Team, listing the online and computer problems I and others have experienced and I can say that doing so has not improved the service. If anything it has got worse.

9. philthespark

philthespark Active Member

I've noticed a couple of things lately, firstly, I called in to my local branch to get some cable for a job I was doing, considering I have an Electricfix card I was pretty annoyed to find out that the cable was the same price to the so called "tradesmen" as it was to "joe public", most of the stuff is no cheaper through Electricfix, so what's the point?
    To be honest most of the time I use an electrical wholesalers as they are a little cheaper, I'd use EF more often if I felt I was getting something as a tradesperson.
    Second issue is the trade show, once again it is down south, do they not think people up north would like to visit these events? I live on the Merseyside/Cheshire border, and to be honest, going to Farnborough isn't an option, I was told there was a Manchester one but haven't been able to find any info, even the store that told me about it didn't seem to know. Come on people sort it out, please.

10. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

So annoying that trade show, about time they had it up north, ideally they need in 3 or 4 locations, even then, those other side of the wall would be moaning then if you didn't have a show in Scotland, can't win.

11. philthespark

philthespark Active Member

Kiab, my point exactly, we're good enough to spend money in their stores, but not good enough for them to give us a trade show. I visit the Elex shows and they have a few spread around the country, they have one in Manchester and one in Harrogate up here, sometimes I'll go to both, you want to try one, they are pretty interesting, they have all kinds of tools and stuff, just google Elex, and you'll see.

KIAB likes this.
  12. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

I go to harrogate show but would like more shows most of these trade shows are southern based

13. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

Remember though, that around 30% of the UK population live in the South East an area that is just 8% of the UK. Or an area one quarter the size of Scotland with a population that is over 3 times as great.

It is about getting people through the door and I doubt that if it was held in say Sheffield, Manchester, Bristol, Sunderland or Glasgow that the numbers would be anywhere hear those seen at Farnborough.

I have been to another series of trade shows - London (Excel), Newbury and Birmingham and the footfall at Excel is way way greater than the others.