Celotex Calculation

Discussion in 'Builders' Talk' started by snappyfish, Jul 12, 2017.

1. snappyfish

snappyfish Active Member

Dorset

2. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

snappyfish likes this.
  3. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

See what you can get and timescales, then make a decision. As I said some is better than none.

snappyfish likes this.
  4. snappyfish

snappyfish Active Member

5. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

SIG are probably the UK's largest distributor of Celotex, Kingspan and other insulation boards.

6. snappyfish

snappyfish Active Member

Damn it... Ordered some Celotex of Wickes using a 10% voucher was a good price showed in stock. 15 sheets of 2400x1200 50mm

Was damaged, been told it due week after week, no joy.

Tried another supplier yesterday. Got an over-enthusiastic chap, who was 100% sure stock was arriving today even despite the shortage. Said he'd give me a call.

No call and getting late so I phone up, a lady on phone.. "na sorry love, don't know who you spoke to but not arriving for at least a month"

I'm sure Celotex is somewhere but prices are now £30+ VAT per sheet. If I wait for Wickes I get it for £23 Inc VAT a sheet, but time is ticking...

Anything else similar at a reasonable price?

7. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

You're stuffed. Celotex is in short supply and prices going up due to supply/demand law. I used insulationgiant but it might be best to wait on Wickes.

24 in stock at Weston Super Mare!!! Indeed a super mare. £36 each :eek:

snappyfish likes this.
  8. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

From InsulationGiant website:

Please Note: Due to a nationwide shortage, PIR boards are currently on an extended lead time as follows: Celotex and Kingspan products 4-6 weeks. Please take this in to account when ordering.

:eek::eek::eek:

snappyfish likes this.
  9. snappyfish

snappyfish Active Member

Tried most with no joy or pay through the roof. Frustrating to say the least...

10. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

Frustrating indeeeed with no knowledge of how long this shortage is going to last. A while I'd say. Floor is less of an issue but you want to get that roof on.

Do you put roofing felt on for the time being and wait until you can acquire some PIR?

11. snappyfish

snappyfish Active Member

I have a mix of 1 month old roofing felt, ripped off when dismantled cabin and re-applied with some tarpaulin. It's doing the job but soon the weather will change a fair bit and prefer to get going asap, but stuck.

Wait I guess.

12. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

snappyfish likes this.
  13. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

snappyfish likes this.
  14. snappyfish

snappyfish Active Member

Wickes prices have just risen to £35.99 :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Best they honour my order @ £24.29 a sheet

15. Luke Ellwood

Luke Ellwood New Member

I am building a 14ft x 8ft shed how much insulation boards do I need for the walls and roof please

16. wiggy

wiggy Screwfix Select

You can work it out the same way as you worked out the materials for the shed you are building.

Hans_25 likes this.