Used Log Cabin

Discussion in 'Landscaping and Outdoors' started by snappyfish, Apr 23, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

Just wait until I've got my 8 piece drum kit in there :p:p:p

snappyfish likes this.
  2. snappyfish

snappyfish Active Member

Damn it, The only have Anthracite, White or Buff no clear.

3. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

Correct, I got 2 tubes of buff as its quite a close match to the original wood colour.

4. snappyfish

snappyfish Active Member

But will show on outside as Sikkens filter 7 LIGHT OAK is not anywhere near

5. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

Its going to be low down through, and you're coating the bearers with black DPM?

6. snappyfish

snappyfish Active Member

True, thought about it.. wait do you mean external ring bearers or internal floor bearers?

7. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

Thought you were going to coat the external bearers with DPM, so first seal top and bottom of bearers with EB825, I'd then drill some holes in the bearers for ventilation the coat concrete and these bearers with the DPM.

8. snappyfish

snappyfish Active Member

yeh had this in mind, didn't know if the DPM would have bad effects on the wood, if not I'm wondering why I've not seen this recommended around the web. To me, it seems like a good idea, but then I agreed on a concrete base with builders lol

Also, don't think the whole internal concrete needs DPM? Maybe just a meter in all around?

9. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

10. snappyfish

snappyfish Active Member

Blimey, one of those days.. Why does sealant come with nozzle? Which one fits it?

11. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

You mean why doesn't sealant come with a nozzle? It does, or at least should.

12. snappyfish

snappyfish Active Member

Typo..

Why doesn't it come with nozzle?

13. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

Mine did.

14. snappyfish

snappyfish Active Member

According to young lad behind counter none have in stock at ts

15. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

Oh, I'll check when I get home.

16. snappyfish

snappyfish Active Member

Sorted, they should come with nozzle, bloody lad behind counter sent me wild goose chase. Went to another branch and got the nozzles free of charge.

Squirted some stuff bottoms of bearers and run my finger along to push in nicely (hope that's ok) this was 5 hours ago.. raining here now will it mess the stuff up?

Dr Bodgit likes this.
  17. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

Should be ok, fingers crossed.

snappyfish likes this.
  18. snappyfish

snappyfish Active Member

Any tips on guttering, my fascia is slightly angled. What would one do?

19. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

Ah guttering. Looked into that and yes, your facia is slightly angled, mine won't be :D

The facia can be put straight with some 2x2 cut at whatever angle is needed.

I've decided to forego guttering, cant see anything that looks good and will mount appropriately. Anyhoo, you'd need to remove the facia to fit guttering wouldn't you?

20. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

This is what Skinners Sheds recommend/sell, looks pretty carp if you ask me.

https://hallsrainsaver.com/

Edit: This is how you'd probably want to do it, note, no facia board. [​IMG]

snappyfish likes this.