BT Infinity 1 changes.

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by KIAB, Sep 30, 2017.

1. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

2. Pollowick

Pollowick Screwfix Select

So, those on Infinity 1 get Infinity 2 at Infinity 1 prices. Those on Infinity 2 get Infinity 2 at Infinity 2 prices ... Pity they have not decided to reward the Infinity 2 customers too.

3. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

All rather annoying, usual BT cock up, a lot of disgruntled Infinity 2 users & still no response from BT as to what's happening to us.

Have considered moving ISP, but I still have 5 month to run on exsisting contract, BT wanted a silly price to end it early.:(
    So, sticking it out for week or two & see what happens,as Bath is one of the new trial area's for BTOR G.Fast trial with download speeds of up to 160Mbps (30Mbps upload) and up to 330Mbps (30Mbps upload),& the 1Gb FTTP (Fibre to the premises) rollout, either of which might benefit me.:)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
    Pollowick likes this.
  4. Pollowick

I agree, as Business Infinity 2 customer with fixed IP, I already pay a premium. We have already had BT Communicator - the PC based VOIP application removed, free VOIP call allowance dropped from 500 to 200 minutes ... and b' all for it.

5. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  6. Pollowick

Talking with BT earlier today ... there is apparently something in the pipeline for Infinity 2 users. I could not quite extract exactly what.

7. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

Thanks for update, I'm rater p****d off at the moment, I'm paying Infinity 2 price for 76Mb, which Infinity 1 users are getting cheaper.:mad:
    BT want a stupid amount to end the remaining 7 months of my contract,so I'm stick like many others, rather poor show by BT not explaining what is going to happen to us Infinity 2 users, wonder whether we will get a free month credit...:rolleyes:

Had OR & BNE working on the G Fast pods on cabinets around Bath, my cabinet, engineer was working on it at 7pm on a Friday evening.:eek:

8. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

Hoping that G-Fast is what we on Infinity 2 are going to get as well. Been with Zen on Infinity 2 for the last 3 years and got moved to Zen's own backhaul in March this year with my speed at 78Mb. Just hope that now being on Zen's own backhaul dosn't mean that i miss a move to G-Fast if it's in the near future.

9. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

Any one still on 28kbs dial up? :p

10. Mr Rusty

Mr Rusty Screwfix Select

be careful. upgrading means starting a new 12/24 month contract!

11. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

28Kbs ?.........................luxury luxury......................i have very fond memories of 4Kbs :p

KIAB likes this.
  12. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

I know, but got no intention of moving from Zen so it wouldn't make any difference anyway.

13. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

14. kitfit1

kitfit1 Screwfix Select

Let's hope that those of us on Infinity 2 get a free upgrade to 160/30.

15. KIAB

KIAB Super Member

I do hope so.[​IMG]

16. KIAB

KIAB Super Member