Who would like the Boris

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Deleted member 33931, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

All hail the mighty DA who seems to think its perfectly acceptable to mock Cancer as long as its to somebody who doesn't follow his line.

You are a piece of s*** ain't you.

fillyboy likes this.
  2. No.

And I'm a sod more honest than you.

3. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

Statistically, most of us here will have lost loved ones to cancer. I lost my Dad to cancer, there’s a good chance you’ve lost relatives to it too. Even using the word can be painful to some.

I don’t want to go over the post (Wrist slapped. Lesson learnt. Post removed. Cheers SF Pete!) but if you saw it you’d agree that it was mean spirited.

Don’t get me wrong. I think it’s a good laugh to belittle the arguments people make, but I think we cross a line when we attack people’s character in a public forum.

It’s not like I accidentally chose the word cancer. I deliberately chose the word and its associations. I don’t know isitreally, nor the anonymous users who may read this forum. Perhaps isitreally is ‘playing the offended card’, perhaps he’s struggling with a situation in his own life (*** I sound like thought for the day) - but let’s take on trust that it bothered him and just f’in’ drop it.

Jeez. I acted like a knob on a public forum (& It won’t be the last time). I get it. I’m mildly embarrassed. Shut up and talk about President Trump or Weinstein (or whoever it is the news is upset about today).

I know. How about this:
    Yes. I made a mistake. I acted in a way that was unthinking and based on baser emotions. I regret my stupid mistake... and that’s because I’m not a brexiteer! (That should shift the conversation).

chippie244, fillyboy and Isitreally like this.
  4. (C'mon - I've handed it to you on a plate...)

5. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

I too lost my father to cancer along with both my granddads and one grandmother, so yes cancer is a s*** in my life, so thank you for being honest and admitting it was wrong.

DA you are still a S***

6. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

Don’t worry because I might be becoming like DA? Don’t worry?

Jeez! That’d keep me awake at nights!

longboat likes this.
  7. Fair do's, btiw2 - I don't doubt your sincerity a bit.

8. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Allowing someone to live in council or social accommodation that they can no longer afford, would be exploiting the tax payer and lead to an even greater shortage of suitable housing for those families that actually need the 3 bed house that's suited to their needs.
    The same rules don't apply to privately rented accommodation because that's non of the council's business, they have to use the limited housing stock they do have in the most effective way they can. I think the level of benefit received by any individual should be tailored to their needs, rather than what they want.
    Those who work for a living generally tend to live within their means, yeah, some go beyond that and are up to their eyeballs in debt but that's their choice. If they didn't pay the mortgage or the HP agreement on the car, would they be taken away?
    Fall on hard times or not, the house would still be repossessed and the car would be towed away eventually. Is that fair?

Housing benefit is based on need, it's not a tax because the local authority doesn't take money from you they say "this is the amount you're entitled to, if you can manage on that, fine. If you can't then you really need to start living within your means".

btiw2 likes this.
  9. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

As did I (except it was father [a little over a year ago], two grandmothers and one grandfather. I don’t know about the other grandfather).

I’ve apologised to Harry. I meant it.

But we can’t stop using certain words on the off chance that some people will associate them with tragedy. If we say that “crime is a cancer on society” nobody is trying to poke your wounds. Can we just leave it?

Isitreally likes this.
  10. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

That sounds sarcy. Is that sarcy?

Sarcy? Sarky? Sarcky? How does one spell that?

11. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

That’s a well reasoned argument, especially the hidden cost to other who are deprived a home.

I’m not sure I agree with “those who work for living live within their means”. I wish I did.

I don’t really know how it works though. People’s circumstances change quickly and adapting takes time. Does the bedroom tax take account of the time it would take people to move home? If I had a two bedroom flat and my child died, do I get a bedroom tax bill next month?

After JJ’s experience I’m not sure theory matches with practice.

Anyone here have experience of it?

12. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

I asked him what he believed, I didn't state what I thought he believed, and he answered in a rational fashion which wasn't quite what I expected.

Strawman?
    Hmm, that's open to debate I guess.

Kids in the UK have to go to school for a minimum of 12 years, after that they must do some form of vocational or academic learning for a further two years until they reach eighteen.
    After that it's up to them, they are now deemed to be adults and should be able to make decisions for themselves.

The current idea is we'll have an immigration system that allows in skilled migrants, but not the unskilled migrants.
    I suppose marketing found that "British jobs for British workers" appeals more than "Crappy jobs for crappy Brits"!

Haha, the truth is funny.
    That's the way it is though.
    I like that un-sugar coated analogy.
    Not everyone has the potential to excel in life, or the desire to do so.

The random occupation choice I gave had no meaning apart from the obvious distinction of not requiring any form of university education to achieve.
    I find it a bit unjust that those who take a certain direction in life should subsidise those who choose a different path, a better path?

13. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Sort of.
    They would take everything out of all bank accounts you hold and then present you with a bill for any amount that may be outstanding.
    Basterds!

14. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Sadly Longs, children are allowed to leave mainstream education at the age of16, just as long as they have a job to go to. Even sadder is the fact that most of them can't find jobs to go to.

15. No, not meant to be sarcie at all.

But, if I were to rewrite my comment, it would be "Fair do's, btiw2 - I don't doubt your sincerity a bit."

An anecdote... On Facebook our local community has a page it calls 'Banter'. It has everything on it - jokes, stories, warnings of road closures, moans, gripes etc etc - you get the idea.

A regular appearance is dashcam clips of drivers 'cutting in' on the poster, or someone parking in a 'disabled' space or some other heinous crime.

Of particular note are some of the replies - usually peppered with f's and c's. "Bludy typical - must of been teenagers...", "Stupid ******' c****s...", "Ought to throw away t'key..." etc etc - you get the idea? Each one trying to outdo the one before with heaped dollops of phony self-satisfying sancti.

Here's the point. I'm not a betting man - I have never placed an official bet on anything in my life - but I would with great ease place bets on these crude, pompous, sanctimonious posters as also being 'Leavers'.

And I would make a fortune.

That is why - whilst I do, honestly, love your 'balanced' posts - they are effectively meaningless against the likes of IIR and 'arry, and Filly and JJ and - yes, most certainly (despite all his contrived 'reasonableness') - Longs.

I see my posts on here as also being virtually pointless in that respect. What they do do, however, is expose that lot and stop them from getting away with convincing themselves that are anywhere close to being 'right'.

I will happily continue to expose their wilful ignorance - and show what drives them in the first place.

And I will not forgive them for trying to wreck my beloved country through their bigotry and blind ignronace.

Even 'though they will ultimately fail.

16. Lanc

Lanc Active Member

Indeed, keep up the first part and expose them, they will maybe get their 'freedom' from the EU - but in the process will lose Scotland when they claim exactly the same rights to ' bring back control'.

I will never forgive the 'Leavers' for what they are allowing to happen.

I sincerely hope your last sentiment is fulfilled

17. Lanc

Lanc Active Member

Looks like the UK government is to be taken to court over their refusal to publish research done about the effects of Brexit - now why would they refuse to let people see it (perfidious albion?).

From the Independent newspaper, today
    "
    This is why we’re taking David Davis to court over Brexit
    The Brexit Secretary and the Treasury have repeatedly refused to release vital studies into the economic effects of Brexit into the public domain – so we're taking action

Click to follow
    Independent Voices
    upload_2017-10-14_14-0-30.gif
    The Department for Exiting the EU is resisting calls to publish findings on the predicted damage of leaving the EU Reuters
    There have been letters, Freedom of Information requests, Parliamentary questions and, earlier this week, a letter signed by 120 cross-party MPs – all demanding that the government release studies they are sitting on about the economic impacts of Brexit.
    But David Davis has remained bullish, refusing to publish the findings.
    So, I have teamed up with Jolyon Maugham QC, a barrister and director of the The Good Law Project, to demand the Government release these studies within 14 days or face legal action. If the Department for Exiting the European Union (DExEU) and the Treasury fail to do so, we will issue judicial review proceedings before the High Court, which would seek to compel the Government to release them."

It seems N East England and Scotland will be hardest hit - just what will that do to the 'precious Union' I wonder? Clowns!!

18. joinerjohn1

Yep and your need doesn't increase simply because you have a spare bedroom, which could be used to allow a divorced parent access to children at weekends/ during school holidays. A spare bedroom which an elderly parent can offer their children/ grandchildren use of at various times. Don't forget, many families these days are spread all over the country/ world and can only visit parents at the weekend. Would you drive for 6 or 7 hours to visit your parents for a couple of hours before driving back home, or would you like the opportunity to see them, stay overnight and drive back the next day ?

Yep I'm sure most people do live within their means, but to take money off them simply because they have a spare bedroom is a travesty. Don't forget those who have tried to get a move to a house/ flat with less bedrooms, only for the council to be unable to offer them a different property. These people are almost trapped , through no fault of their own. Yet the council sees fit to penalise them financially.

19. joinerjohn1

You say that DA all the time that the Referendum result was wrong. Typical remoaner replies time and time again. Remember when the Irish had a referendum on summat or other and the EU didn't get the result the EU wanted.. The EU then threw loads of cash at the Irish then got them to re-take the vote.. I haven't seen the EU offering any cash to the UK to get the electorate to change their minds. Have you? You'd have thought if the EU sincerely wants the UK to remain within the EU, they'd be offering something? Up to now all I've seen is Barnier telling us there's a divorce bill to pay, but won't even hint at an amount. I've seen Junckers telling all and sundry that the EU will make sure the UK suffer for even daring to hold the referendum. I still maintain the EU need us more than we need them.

20. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Really?, I'm a betting man, I'll bet you we're talking a trade deal deal with the EU before Christmas and we wont be giving them much more money than what's on the table now. There's panic on the streets of Brussels.
    Now why don't you run along and give lady new 2 diy some help with her shower.