Who would like the Boris

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Deleted member 33931, Oct 2, 2017.

1. The Independent: "The EU’s chief Brexit negotiator Michel Barnier has said that Brexit will be used to “teach the British people and others what leaving the EU means”.

In highly inflammatory comments made to a conference in Italy on Saturday, Mr Barnier said it was his job to “educate” the UK about the price of leaving the EU “club”.

Mr Barnier also said Brexit would be “an educational process” for the UK.

I have a state of mind – not aggressive ... but I’m not naïve,” he told the Ambrosetti forum.

“There are extremely serious consequences of leaving the single market, and they haven’t been explained to the British people. We intend to teach people … what leaving the single market means.
    ”"

I'm trying to work out what is actually remarkable there. There are extremely serious consequences for the UK in leaving, especially in 'hard' way, and if Foxie Davis gets their way, we'll be teaching ourselves that lesson, never mind the EU.

Now, JJ, enough of the 'excuses'. The shallow 'justifications' for continuing on your mindless path.

2. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Yes DA, but if these words were not meant for publication, why did he utter them? Mark those words "Brexit will be used to “teach the British people and others what leaving the EU means" Almost a direct threat there DA . Tell me if you decide to leave the North Devon Liberal club, do you get threatened with something for daring to leave? Do they have heads on flagpoles outside to discourage members from leaving? :D :D :D :D :D :D

3. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Hmmmm, interesting thread to read after an evening out. DA's clearly rattled, I think it's beginning to dawn on him that Brexit might be going ever so slightly better that he thought, shame that. hehe.

4. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

If these words were said by, Farage, Gove, JRM, Johnson, May etc, towards the EU, would your reaction be the same.
    Of course not you would be on your high horse spouting some rubbish about delusion or some other carp you always use.
    It's plain to see, the EU is s***ing itself and desperate for us to stay, but unlike previous referendums where money was thrown at countries to make them stay, we're threatened with a big a bill, well poke the bill where the sun don't shine and see who fails first.

5. Wishful thinking. And 100% wrong.

Other than that...

6. Words and expressions along these lines have, indeed, been used.

Hence the foolish and immature level of 'negotiations' we are in.

The hard-leavers in the cabinet are plying their nonsense for the benefit of their supporters, unfortunately also making the EU realise what a bunch of twits they are dealing with.

Boris, Fox, Davis and all the other twits have been implying from the off - for the sake of their electorate - that the UK can leave the EU and still have better deals with Europe than we currently have!

That is an impossibility.

And that is why it'll take Barnier to have to 'teach' the poor saps in the UK who voted Leave the simple facts of life.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2017
  7. Lanc

Lanc Active Member

Well, I'm not seeing that!

All I see is the EU reiterating the main 'planks' of their organisation, and asking us (who decided to leave) to make our minds up. What on earth have we been doing for the past year, except repeating the nonsensical "Brexit means Brexit" ad nauseum?

Will our Government release the research they have done on the actual effects of Brexit on us all, or will it take judicial action to make them tell us the truth? Someting stinks in Westminster, I'm afraid.

Deleted member 164349 likes this.
  8. This is almost certainly what's gong to happen...

Brexit will either continue seemingly as it's going now with us ultimately 'Leaving', but it will have been watered down so much that our trading relationship - and therefore our commitments to the EU - will be virtually identical to what they are now that'll it'll be Brexit in name only. Or, given enough time and debacle, there will be a sea change in public opinion and a new ref will be allowed. In which case we'll remain.

What won't happen is that we'll 'crash out' telling the EU to foff and refusing to pay what we owe them. That will not happen. Because we don;t want our country wrecked. And 100's of 1,000s out of work. And the NHS brought to its knees. And riots on the streets.

What also won't happen is that the government simply changes its mind and offers either a second ref or else backs out of Brexit. That would lead to their immediate overturn and/or riots on the streets by rabid leavers. (And that is also why Labour has to tread that seemingly daft line of 'supporting' Brexit whilst also hammering the Tories over their incompetence. For Labour not to do this would mean they wouldn't have a chance of power. That's politics for you - it's all manipulation of the people. It HAS to be thus, 'cos most of the population is not very rational.)

That's the same reason that Trump won't simply be ousted over the pond - to do so would cause riots and near civil-war from his nut-job supporters.

There are direct parallels - Trump supporters over there, and hardened Leavers over here.

So, it'll either be a sea-change in public opinion (it'll be slow, but it has started) or else a softly softly Brexit.

Enjoy.

I will.

9. Yes, Is It Really is way off the scale of Brexit loons on here.

There is no hope for him at all.

Utterly blind and deluded. Not even a fragment of common sense in operation.

Lanc likes this.
  10. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

Of course I am.
    I mean Germany hasn't yet formed a coalition government 3 weeks after their elections, the so called ruler of the EU can't even perform in her own country, local elections that are happening now may even more show how little respect she has in germany right now.
    The EU is falling fast and we need to be outside looking in.

We though are dithering and not getting on with it, mainly to do with unelected self important people who think they have a right to tell government how to do things, yes the money men/women.

11. Do you really not understand what he was saying?

Simply, we Brits do not understand what Brexit means, and how it will affect us.

He thinks we should know. Dont you?

12. By unelected self important people, do you mean our civil servants?

Or if not, who ?

13. Lanc

Lanc Active Member

Presumably you mean our very own 'House of Lards' - the biggest unelected chamber outside China, I'm led to believe. Do you understand irony?:rolleyes:

14. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

Gonna Miller in the first instance now a bunch of Lawyer's

15. Lanc

Lanc Active Member

Would these be the same lawyers that are presently trying to get our devious Government to be honest and publish the research about Brexit effects on the UK?

Deleted member 164349 likes this.

16. For standing up for the rule of law?

You know the law? The English law system that you want as part of Brexit?

Ironic huh?

17. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

Since when has it been law to publish any finding that may be beneficial to our negotiations with the EU.

Before you say that they ain't and are damming, you don't know that as well as the laywers don't.
    In fact the way the laywers are acting i would say its could very beneficial to us and they are hell bent on ruining the negotiations for their own end.

18. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

What has it got to do with these lawyers, unelected parisites only looking out for their own ends.