Who would like the Boris

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Deleted member 33931, Oct 2, 2017.

1. If you understand what they are chasing for you WILL answer your own question.

Your comment was about Gina Miller, not the lawyers.

2. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

As I see it, both sides are acting foolish and immature.. Not what you expect from supposed world class politicians DA. I wouldn't like to play schoolboy football with Barnier and Junckers. Barnier would probably take his ball home and junckers would forever be moving his goalpost jumper the minute my back was turned.
    Ahh back to the "not for publication" words again DA. Tell me, what lessons have the EU taught the myriad of countries they trade with, but don't actually have a formal trade agreement with ? (other than trading under WTO rules?)

I tell ya, The EU are bricking it DA, absolutely bricking it. They can't withstand the loss of UK money pouring into their coffers.

3. Bricking it. :D. Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

Lanc and Deleted member 33931 like this.
  4. Even if it were like that, JJ, which it ain't, you seemingly don't accept that what's good for t'goose is also good for you know?

You are staggeringly selective in your criticisms. Have you got now't to say about the patent carp that Davis is feeding you on a daily basis?! It's all going terribly well according to him...:rolleyes:

Why does he say this? To pass the buck and please his followers. It takes a real fool to believe him.

You need to grow up a bit, JJ - become a little more sophisticated.

5. Let's get this clear, IIR.

You reckon that the findings of these reports will be beneficial to the UK? You reckon that they will show the land of milk and 'oney that awaits us?

TELL US, IIR, that you truly believe that these reports show the UK's future outside the EU in a good light? Tell us tell us tell us.

And when you lie through your teeth by saying 'Yes, I believe that...', I will then ask you - 'So why are Davis et al sooo reluctant to give us the findings?!'

Because if they were that wonderful, he'd SHOUT them from the rooftops and rub the EU's nose in it! Wouldn't he? :)

I'll repeat summat else for your delectation; DAVIS et al ARE DOING THIS ALL FOR THE SAKE OF THEIR IGNORANT 'LEAVE' SUPPORTERS - they are feeding you a 'line'.

This is NOT about keeping the info from the EU, because the EU are NOT stupid and already know exactly what will happen to the UK if we crash out.

You need to sort out the difference between the information that the Tories are feeding YOU to the 'real' information that the Tories AND the EU and everyone else FULLY understands.

You are a mere pawn in their game.

How does that feel?

Good. It should.

Lanc likes this.
  6. joinerjohn1

But DA, you're never going to accept the ineptness of the EU negotiators are you? Apparently every word they speak is the absolute truth. Christ DA, you need a holiday abroad, lying under Barniers a**e. You know the one the sun seems to shine out of.

BiancoTheGiraffe likes this.

7. These negotiations.

Do you have good access to them?

All I see is 2 people saying different things about the same meetings. Suggests to me that we are not getting a full story (no surprise there), but to believe either side to be fully accurate would be silly, until they have got to an agreed decision.

So, what do you know, that we havent been told?

Or are you happy accepting the 1 side comments ?

longboat likes this.
  8. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

So we should be able to make hard predictions. If they come true then we were right. If they don’t then we have to admit we were wrong. The bolder your prediction then the more right you will be.

If you think the U.K. will be better off. What do you mean by that?

My opening offer of a prediction:

One year after we leave the EU I believe average (median) real (adjusted for inflation) wages will fall as measured by the ONS.

I also think real tax receipts will fall.

Is anyone prepared to make a measurable prediction? “It’ll be great” doesn’t count as measurable.

9. Ok, I am happy to add a prediction.

The average shopping bill will increase substantially (above the rate of inflation), measured by any of the accepted systems of such analysis.

btiw2 likes this.
  10. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

I don’t think you meant “above the rate of inflation”[1] as inflation is the average shopping bill’s increase already.

I don’t actually care if prices go up if average wages go up more. I just don’t think they will.

But thanks, JoT. Anyone want to make a rosy and testable prediction?

[1] unless you were making a subtle technical distinction between CPI and RPI in which case you’re making a prediction about housing costs.

11. joinerjohn1

Yes, Once we're all driving electric vehicles, the price of electricity will increase. The National Grid will be unable to cope with demands, so there will be power cuts at regular intervals. Our access to electricity from the continent will be seriously curtailed (as the EU "teaches " us a lesson about leaving their trading club). French trawlers will regularly blockade the channel ports of Calais and Dunkirk. The German electorate (once they realise the massive rise in taxes to make up for the lost income from UK coffers), will find themselves unable to elect Fraulein Merkel and her party, reducing them to something akin to the Liberal Democrats , here in the UK.
    Predictions,, yeah call me Nostradamus. :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

12. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Well said.
    You see, my contrived reasonableness shines bright at times.

13. joinerjohn1

JoT I do know Barnier, and his mates say there can be no trade negotiations until the question of an amount to be paid for Brexit is sorted out. Barnier hasn't told his UK negotiating counterparts , what this figure is. Tell me, who's the one not negotiating? If Barnier was to release this information into the public domain, then UK negotiators would have a start position to negotiate further. As it is Barnier keeps everyone guessing. He's about as much use as a chocolate tea pot. (or do you believe he's told the UK how much it is, but has sworn them to secrecy?)

14. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

I will counter your prediction and say that real wages (inflation, mean value and supplied by the ONS, all taken into account) will be on the up for the year following our departure.
    The treasury coffers will also be wringing their hands with glee.
    There, done.
    Nothing too lose so why not?

I'll save this post for later, it may come in handy.

15. No, I think it is a little more involved than that, dont you?

I would suggest the negotiations are about the details involved and the amount that creates, and there are arguments (I mean discussions) over this, making an exact figure difficult to pin down, but I imagine a ball park figure is known to all sides, dont you?

Now if that ball park figure is known (but simply not released to the media), why would you think that is?

Or do you really think the EU is waiting for the UK to present a figure, that they then say "nah, we want more than that". Do you really think that is the level of negotiating? Do you not think that all sides know how delicately balanced the UKs representatives are?

16. joinerjohn1

JoT, it's blatantly obvious that it hasn't been released to the press, simply because Barnier hasn't mentioned it to anyone. He thinks he's holding the Sword of Damocles over the UK negotiators heads. If you want to believe that a figure has been mentioned by Barnier, then feel free to keep on believing that (I bet you believe all the conspiracy theories too)

17. Brave,

JJ, you surprise me, you really do.

I really cant believe that the negotiations have been going on so long that nobody has yet put an idea of a figure onto the table.

If they havent, what have they been doing? and surely both sides would be negligent, inept and incompetent by failing to address the issue. Or do you think it is just the EU is negligent, inept and incompetent? Because obviously the UK negotiators are not.

18. Twinkle

Twinkle New Member

Blimey Jack, since when did you grow half a brain? I'm impressed :)

longboat likes this.
  19. Twinkle

Twinkle New Member

Davis wouldn't be shouting anything from the rooftops coz that would be stoopid.
    I also think we are long past the point of needing to pacify angry leave voters. Most of them can barely count loose change in their pockets. They slept the anger off 6 months ago! They've even forgot what they were fighting about o_O

Ohhhh Jeremy Coorrrbyn :D

20. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Ooo, you really are getting my pickle in a pickle.
    Good show.