Two types of folk

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Deleted member 33931, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Sadly for you, Longs, I am being perfectly serious.

And you have landed yourself right it in.

And that was after I'd pointed out what I meant by the 'two types'.

You skirted around what 'type' you were from the off - making it clear which side of that farmer/sabs' incident you were naturally bent towards - before then just coming out with it all in post #131.

Whatever way you try and crawl out of it, the stone on your head is just too heavy.

Unless - as in post #141 you are trying to suggest you were just yanking our chains all along?

In which case I'd have to say 'very nicely played'.

But I don't believe you.

Have you any idea how utterly hollow your obvious pretence is; "Flapping! Haha. Please, please stop, haha, stop it, he he. Jesus-h-Christ.
    That is the best."

:rolleyes: x lots.

That just reminds me of your other star quality - intellectual dishonesty.

There is nothing on this planet - no amount of fact or reason or personal character - that would ever ever have made you vote 'Remain', because you are innately a cynical, hateful & bigoted person. Your gut feeling is to search for ways to belittle and kick 'others' to make you feel better.

Your Ref vote was never ever about the economy or what was genuinely better for this country - it was all about that little tingle it gave you when your little beast within was fed.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2017
  2. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

I'm saddened by the confirmation that I am indeed dealing with numpty here.
    I think you could well be right.
    Trying to explore possible mitigating circumstances that could cause someone to behave like the farmer did in the video is called 'reason'.
    It is not skirting.
    Post #131.?
    If you don't like having your mistakes pointed out to you, then I suggest you don't make them in the first place.
    You may believe that metaphorical stone you placed on my head is heavy, but to me it has no 'weight'.
    It's a Styrofoam prop.
    If you want to go around 'not believing' things which were never said or implied then thats up to you.
    I know the likes of, JoT just keep coming back for more and more, there's a word for people who do that.
    I've told you before, and I'll tell you again.
    I ain't 'buying' your snake oil.

3. Im not selling any snake oil.

Just pointing out how you are on the sides of vigilante justice, not law and order. Kangaroo justice as you call it.

That doesnt make you a Great Brit, it actually makes you a Little Englander.

I dont support or give in to bullying, either physical or implied on here. Happy to keep exposing you.

4. Longs has well and truly exposed himself.

ooh-err, missus etc etc...

5. Dr Bodgit

Dr Bodgit Super Member

DA is right, there are two types of folk. Those that agree with me and those that don't.

btiw2 likes this.
  6. I agree.

hang on...

7. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

You are quite correct DA, there are two types... I bet that farmer voted "Remain." :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

longboat likes this.
  8. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

I don't think you'd sell much even if you tried.
    You do however make a good customer for those who 'are' good at it.
    Then you'd be wrong in pointing that out, seen as that isn't the case.
    The video didn't show a vigilante metering out justice as he saw fit. It showed a man driven to anger by people whose purpose on the day was to agitate, intimidate, and disrupt a group going about their lawful business. Committing the criminal offence of 'aggravated trespass' as they do so.
    "Kangaroo justice"?
    What's that?
    If you'd bother to look up the correct term you may begin to understand that, you and DA, have already presided over one quite unwittingly.
    I'm not interested in the labels of 'great brit', or 'little Englander', JoT.
    If the practice of not jumping to conclusions based on viewing a couple of minutes worth of edited video footage makes me one in your opinion then so be it.
    I would have to disagree though.

The only thing being exposed here is your ignorance.
    Sorry, you're not going to play the victim card and accuse me of bullying for saying that are you?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
  9. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

DA has already covered that base by claiming that if he did vote remain then he'd be an anomaly who was selfishly thinking about his pocked.
    See, he's not daft.
    He just thinks everyone else is.

Deleted member 33931 likes this.

10. :p:p:p

11. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

You can split any set in two by those with a property, and those without that property.

So, there are two types of folks: those wearing hats at the moment and those that aren’t.

DA’s split was not two types. There were those who commented sympathising with the sabs, those who commented sympathising with the farmer... and nearly all of the rest of us who didn’t comment on YouTube at all. Probably because YouTube comments look like the level of hell that even Dante’s twisted imagination couldn’t cope with.

I’m more interested in a different trend - the two types of folks on the Screwfix sparky forum: Those that think mains voltage should be respected and those that think “eff it, let’s join some wires together and see what happens”.

Perhaps I’ve just noticed it in the last few months, but has this always been a thing?
    For sure, I’m all for a “have a go” attitude with plastering and painting (what’s the worst that can happen?) but tatting with lecky without testing equipment - I’m too much of a wuss for that.

I guess there’s a bias to the questions we see. People who fry themselves don’t post. People who actually, ummm, test stuff and think about what they’re doing don’t need to post. So I suppose survivor (literal in this case) bias means we see the “I connected all the wires in my house together - what did I do wrong?” posts.

In fairness, the sparkies that reply aren’t too sarky - that takes restraint. So forget the problems of sabs and the farmers, let’s spare a thought for the daily horror stories that confront the humble ‘lectrician.

12. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

Glutton. In JOTs case, a glutton for punishment.

Of course, DA has a different word for it. Brexiter!

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

13. Mr. Handyandy

Mr. Handyandy Screwfix Select

So the sabs were there lawfully? Not as vigilantes? Not being disruptive? Not trespassing?

Members of an official law upholding profession?

Mr. HandyAndy - Really

14. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Food for thought, instead of hunting foxes with dogs, let's electrocute the b*****s.

longboat and btiw2 like this.
  15. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

I had a feeling you'd bring out the 'heavy guns'.

btiw2 likes this.

16. Re read your post in detail and see why I fell about laughing.

Just a note, you might need to think about it.

You really cant see how you are supporting vigilante justice can you

17. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

Yeah, but that doesn’t mean you can run them over with a quad bike.

I have little sympathy with either side here, but if the rule is that we’re allowed to run people over who are deliberately disruptive then I want a quad bike and a map of the route DA takes for his dogs walking.

Deleted member 33931 and Jord86 like this.
  18. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Yep, thought about it.
    I've come to the conclusion that you can't see past your own nose.

19. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

But that's not the argument is it?, DA pulled his usual stunt of bringing it round to 'leavers' and 'remainers', the 'antagonists' in the video were 'leavers' whilst the 'victims' were 'remainers', eh?, four legs good, two legs bad.

Here's a thought, I would imagine DA is well read, I bet he owns, at the very least, 12 copies of 'catcher in the rye'.

20. btiw2

btiw2 Screwfix Select

I agree with you. DA likes splitting things between black and white - a moral FW de Klerk.

I’m deliberately staying out of the moral dimension of Brexit. I think it’s nonsense and poisonous. “I voted remain therefore I’m more virtuous”? I don’t use emoji, but if there was an emoji for the hand gesture that sort of attitude deserves then maybe I’d make an exception.

I’m just saying that you can’t run people over because they hack you off. But if you could.... man... that’d be sweet.

longboat likes this.