This is a joke..... right?

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by longboat, Oct 28, 2017.

1. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

It's been that way for decades, iir.

The convenient excuse of brexit has now emerged as a whipping boy for those who know bot all about it, that's all.

2. :p

3. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

I'm genuinely pleased that you've at least learnt something tonight, JoT.
    Ie, brexit isn't the harbinger of doom that you thought it was.

We just need to work on those emoji replies now, ok?
    We'll tackle that one in tomorrow's class, that's enough for today, you've done well.

4. You have done even better.

Managed to avoid 4 VERY simple questions, and still pretending brexit has nothing to do with it.

Emojis are simply because im speechless

:rolleyes:

Deleted member 33931 likes this.
  5. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

Your speechless, well I'm gobsmacked, how in hell has Brexit got anything to do with the current state of the NHS.

Answers on the back of a small postage stamp please.

longboat likes this.

6. Read any 1 of the countless reports from any of the recognised sources maybe ?

7. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

No, you tell me, keep it sweet though, can't be arsed to read pages of pointless junk.

8. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Something you might not know, nor realise.. Teaching hospital NHS trusts, have their training budget, for all of the workforce, but approximately 90% of that budget is taken by doctors in training. This leaves 10% to be fought over by nurses, HCA's, cleaners, housekeepers etc.
    That aside, you mention the bursaries for nurses (which have now stopped) My own thought's on nursing and the bursary system is,,, Nursing should never have become a degree course, there should never have been the need for bursaries. It should have been (and remained) an apprenticeship. I'm in the process of applying for one of these new "Nursing Associate" posts. Two years training towards a foundation degree in nursing, and guess what? I get paid whilst training. This is the sort of thing nursing needs. Student nurses at our hospital have to claim the student grant, study hard and have at least three ward/ department placements in their three years. The ones on our ward work about 40 odd hours per week whilst they are there, but get paid absolutely nothing. Many work bank shifts at the weekend as HCA's to make ends meet. How many of us on here would work 40+ hours during the week for nothing, then have to work 2 x 12.5 hr shifts at the weekend to support ourselves? And our government wonders why the take up of nursing as a career is falling.
    IMHO the main reason the NHS is currently failing, is down to one man and one man alone.. Yep you all know this moron,,, his name??? Jeremy Hunt.. The most hated man in the country,by all that work in the NHS.

Sparkielev and Isitreally like this.
  9. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

John did you use the right letter in Mr *unt name.

10. joinerjohn1

Apparently SF censorship won't let me. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

11. Sparkielev

Sparkielev Screwfix Select

I used it and got a ban

12. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

No, ill educated carpenters, of the first fix variety, with beards.

13. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

If you're looking for a response you really need to start asking questions that don't resemble the equivalent of 'what is 2+2', when you've already told us the answer is 'sixty eleventy nine'.

14. They really were very simple questions

15. joinerjohn1

Ahh that would be the Diane Abbott school of mathematics that Jack attended as a youngster.
    And still Jack failed the 11 plus. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

longboat likes this.
  16. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Ok, JoT. I'll answer your very basic questions.
    1: yes
    2: no

17. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Can you provide a link to confirm these findings, jj?
    Please.

18. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

longboat likes this.
  19. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Welcome to 'European Union'

You'll never leave!

20. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Actually mate, I believe plans have been put in place to round up the u-s and throw them into various Spanish prisons along with the Catalan Government.
    On the bright side, I suspect the Catalan MP's will enjoy a bit of intelligent company, and the diy'ers amongst 'em will appreciate an introduction to the Screwfix forum, they'll just love DA and Jack and the entertainment they provide.