Ireland

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Deleted member 33931, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Harry Stottle

Harry Stottle Screwfix Select

Struggle no more DA. If we hadn't been so involved with the EU, we may well have been the fourth largest, or better, economy, the EU legal system is in disrepute, human rights are no better and examples of its misuse and subsequent endorsement by the euro courts are plain examples. Worker rights have been improved by our own governments, who have kept workers ahead of the curve, not EU. Peace prevailed here before and what about peace in the Middle East? The EU can't take any credit for stability and clean air and water. Contribution to the Economic development of Spain, Portugal, Ireland etc.? we could still do that if we wanted to and probably more efficiently.
    Help for poorer parts of the country? We could still do that and paying £2 for every £1 spent in the UK doesn't sound like much of a deal to me. Better to spend £2 on our own poorer people.

2. Whatevs, Harry.

All dreams - and it would never happen if driven by people like you.

3. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Ahh so a (part ) EU funded pathway in North Wales and a (part) EU funded upgrade to some village hall in Cornwall, really helps the people there ehh. Fantastic DA. Of course you know what I mean by "part funded" Yep,, this is the EU giving out exactly half of the funding for these "waste of money" exercises, in wasting more money. Have a guess where the other half of the funding comes from? Yep you've guessed it,, us.. So we give vast amounts of money to the EU. They in turn give us a small fraction of that back, but,,, also tell us how to spend our own money, by only funding half of these mad cap schemes. By heck DA the EU truly has you brainwashed. You couldn't have been more brainwashed if you'd joined the sodding Moonies.

4. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

All done with the approx 30% of our money they spend on us!!!

The other 70% funds a lavish lifestyle of champagne breakfasts and golden pensions etc etc.

Any how why hasn't anybody come up with an exact figure to leave, well simply because there isn't one.

So it's time to bring in independent forensic accountants to go through the books and work out how much the EU own us in terms of buying our share of assets etc, and how much we own then in terms of leaving the contract, bear in mind that under article 50 we don't actually have to pay a single cent to break free from the EU, but will own some at the time if leaving.
    The accounts can work out X from Y and let the EU know exactly how much they will have to pay us when we go.
    Then as a good will gesture we will let them off the amount for a good trade deal.

Job done. :)

5. You two are well funny.

The things you tell yourself to believe. It's almost cute.

6. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

So you don't agree that an independent accountant should over see the figures then.!!!!

Enough said.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

7. How selective you are, IIR.

You really think you make a point amongst your rambles? Jeepers.

Anyhoo, just started reading Primo Levi's 'If this is a man' - I wonder if it'll make me feel more positive about Brexit, and the calibre of the types of folk who rabidly support it and the downfall of the EU?

Thankfully, there are at least two types of human being.

8. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

So the answer no then. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:, not really surprised you'd give away your grandmother to stay in.

9. You really think you've made a point? Sheesh.

10. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

I really know, that you think I have, hence your childish replys.

11. I'm sure you'll sleep well tonight then. 'Night.

12. joinerjohn1

I'll sleep well in the knowledge that we're actually leaving this absolutely corrupt organisation DA. Whilst you're wetting yourself at the prospect of the UK going it alone in the big bad world (like so many other countries successfully manage to do) Honestly DA, you have no faith in the UK, such that you would have us sucked dry by the greedy EU. (yep they are showing their true greed now, with their demands) I just wish we had a Prime Minister and cabinet prepared to call their bluff and walk away without paying them another single penny. Best get to your local Waitrose and stock up on toilet tissue DA. (I'm sure the price will go up in two years)

13. That's all you have to say about the EU, JJ - an "absolutely corrupt organisation"?

Forgive me, JJ, but that is moronic. Wilfully moronic.

14. joinerjohn1

Nothing moronic about that statement DA. Surely you must realise it's a corrupt organisation? One which ignores democracy at every turn. Bureaucracy that cost an absolute fortune. And who's paying for this bureaucracy? Yep me you and the rest of the net contributors to the EU. Only 4 countries up there DA,,, and you think this is totally fair? Sod it DA Just how much do you think this bureaucracy is actually costing the EU every year? I dare say it represents money which could be better spent elsewhere. Juncker's himself is paid around almost £370,000 per year in wages. Ask yourself,, Does he actually need that much to live on? (I think you know the answer, but won't admit it). Honestly you've become obsessed with everything Remoan and EU. You just can't see the wood for the bloody trees. Do yourself a favour and smell the bloody coffee for once.

15. wow

stress

go to bed

(That's auto-reply, by the way - I've been in bed for over an hour... :p )

16. joinerjohn1

No DA, that's bordering on obsession mate. I have an excuse for being up at this time of night. :D :D :D :D (and I see you're still up,,, Leaving the EU seems to be causing you more sleepless nights than anyone)

17. I see ol' Ratko is being sent down today.

I wonder what the u-s - those who sup from the Dacre cup of hatred and anti-muslim sentiment - think of this?

Nationalism, bigotry and the wishful breakup of the EU still an awesome thing?

18. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

I would imagine that, without exception, they will all be pleased that justice has been done and a proven war criminal is going to spend a long time in prison.
    Shame Tony Blair got away with it, still, can't win 'em all.

19. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

Well, I think it's a blatant injustice. How they could sentence an innocent man to life imprisonment without any incriminating evidence is simply appalling. Let's hope he wins his appeal.

A, u-s.

20. Always good for a chuckle, Longs...