Ireland

Discussion in 'Just Talk' started by Deleted member 33931, Nov 17, 2017.

1. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Funny you should mention the Greeks, Angela Merkel? can you see the 'rony?

2. Lanc

Lanc Active Member

Who's upset?
    Who's a Scottish Nationalist?

I only wish it were possible to have the alternative to Brexit that Scots are going to have.:D :D

3. fillyboy

fillyboy Screwfix Select

Exactly, the current level of decency in our society is stopping those evils, THE MAJORITY OF WHOM ARE BREXITEERS!.
    So, you were saying...

4. Yes, it is the case, Longs.

And any impartial observation would demonstrate that immigration to this country has been overwhelmingly beneficial, both economically and culturally.

And that is in direct contrast to the pernicious Dacre & Murdoch headlines, and that of Fox over 'there'. Who like to paint them all as the same.

5. How low can you stoop?

I've seen nothing to suggest that Lancs is a Scot Nat.

6. A 'despicable human being'!

That's really something.

And what that 'something' really is, is the type of wilful distortion that's required before a population acts on the will of a right-wing dictator.

It takes that level of self-delusion.

Turning black into white.

100%, Filly. Is there any truth remaining in your life?

Farage doesn't even have to try with the likes of you, does he? You are already there - begging for it.

7. And you have provided the substantiation.

So, thank you.

8. This 'level of decency' - you will be reluctant to accept - is actually provided by our government (since the British population is not yet sophisticated enough to determine it themselves). Be it on capital punishment or Brexit.

And you know where the MPs overwhelmingly stand on both. Which, of course, is not where you are standing.

9. Lanc

Lanc Active Member

Thanks, DA.

Purely for longboat's information, my forum name, "Lanc", is simply an abbreviation of my proud Lancastrian heritage. But I will admit to being very jealous of the Scots who can possibly grab the opportunity to get out from under the heel of the despicable Tories and refuse to follow them 'over the cliff' of Brexit.

10. I was having a joke - about Longs stooping sooo low as to call someone a Scots Nat :oops:

Anyhoo, I actually thought you were :D

11. Lanc

Lanc Active Member

I do, however, like most of the SNP policies, and understand why they are such a popular party with voters in Scotland.

12. Watch as their popularity declines...

13. joinerjohn1

joinerjohn1 Screwfix Select

Scotland doesn't really have a choice though? Do they really? When the "United Kingdom" leaves the shackles of the EU, Scotland as part of that "United Kingdom" will leave. Whatever happens in the future (unknown or subject to "crystal ball theory)" can you honestly see the EU taking Scotland under it's "wing" ? I can't.

14. joinerjohn1

As it will most certainly do DA. The SNP's policies will be their undoing. I think Sturgeon will be collecting her P45 before I do. ;);)

15. Lanc

Lanc Active Member

Really?

"The Scottish subsample from the latest Britain-wide Opinium poll: SNP 38%, Labour 30%, Conservatives 29%, Greens 3%. This is the twenty-first subsample in a row, across all firms, to put the SNP ahead."

Twenty-one polls in a row - I think the SNP (or any other political party!) would be quite happy with that, don't you?

16. Lanc

Lanc Active Member

The EU would have Scotland like a shot, for it's natural resources, if nothing else. Did you notice in the Budget what Hammond said about their oil reserves? Not long ago the Tories were saying oil was 'finished' - makes one suspicious!!
    Add to that their fish stocks, plentiful water, wind and wave power, self sufficiency in agriculture, natural gas, a 13 billion pounds food and drink industry......etc , and I think Scots are starting to believe in themselves and not accepting us trying to tell them they are subsidised by England (when it's likely the opposite is the case).

Come on, joinerjohn1, if you are so sure, tell us all the actual 'policies' that you know Sturgeon has introduced that have been so bad for Scots, then. ;).

17. longboat

longboat Screwfix Select

You can't define proposals as being inherently bad since they have never been put into practice, and therefore are not tried and tested. Assumptions are just that.
    One thing is for sure though.
    Cutting off the hand that feeds you can only lead to starvation.

18. joinerjohn1

Lanc, policies don’t have to be introduced for people to know they’ll harm some part of the electorate. Tell me, how much is free university tuition for Scots lads n lasses costing the electorate? ( or us mugs here south of the border)

19. Lanc

Lanc Active Member

You are both accepting our government's line that we English subsidise the Scots - in which case please answer this simple question:-

WHY do we actively rail against their independence if they are costing us billions??

ALL political parties (except the Greens maybe) joined forces to prevent Scots leaving, yet they are draining our cash (according to you two :rolleyes: ). You cannot have it both ways, either we should let them leave ( and save ourselves money) or stop complaining that we are mugs for paying for them. What is your answer to that?

Ask yourself where all the money for London and the SE to get their massive infrastructure developments came from, why did our government classify as 'top secret' the McCrone report on oil for 30 years, and why do lots of Scottish exports (whisky, oil etc) never show up as "Scottish exports" - but UK exports? So many questions for us to answer, I'm afraid :eek:.

20. Isitreally

Isitreally Super Member

Ask yourself the same question of the EU and the 23 counties the take out and not pay a penny in.

Its all about size.